2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Upgrade Springs without lowering?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Upgrade Springs without lowering?

Hey, Anyone have ideas on the possibity of upgrading springs without dropping the car? I would like to improve both the handling and comfort of my fit but I am concerned about the times when I have 4 of us in the car. It looks like the new Eibach pros or the T1r's that are coming out might be possibilities as they only have a small drop. When springs are described as 10% stiffer does this mean that small bumps at the top of the springs travel will be harsher?
Sorry for all the questions.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by runbikerun
Hey, Anyone have ideas on the possibity of upgrading springs without dropping the car? I would like to improve both the handling and comfort of my fit but I am concerned about the times when I have 4 of us in the car. It looks like the new Eibach pros or the T1r's that are coming out might be possibilities as they only have a small drop. When springs are described as 10% stiffer does this mean that small bumps at the top of the springs travel will be harsher?
Sorry for all the questions.
If your worried about ground clearance and fender clearance I would go with Tanabe NF210's. They lower you slightly but spring rate is minimal difference to stock. I had them on my Acura CL-S and they helped handling dramatically but looked felt stock (stance wise/ feeling wise)

I have the DF210's on the fit (little more aggressive drop and spring rate) and I think even with the aggressive drop they are pretty darn close to stock feel. I have had 4 people in my car with the DF's and no problems.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
my experience with DF210's on my GD was not that impressive. quickly changed to endura-techs and glad i did. wat i hated most about the DF's were they're okay until you hit a larger dip or bump. then your suspension quickly runs out of throw and fullbump. not a good feeling.

with my current setup shocks are shorter and have more travel so even at the lowered height it truely feels like stock (actually waaay better).