2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side skirt...knicked and pulled away from body

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Side skirt...knicked and pulled away from body

Howdy folks...somehow or another my driver side "skirt/molding" got knicked.

And the result...

No clue how this happened??? It surely looks like it made contact with cement (like a curb")...but it's on the drivers side How my side skirt can look the way it does with no rash on the wheel will remain a mystery. I've tried to figure out how this happened and haven't got a clue...

Anyhow, I loosened the two screws at the fender well thinking it just got pushed in and I could re-position it. That actually made it worse. It was originally pulled away about an 1/8" with a nice even gap. From the pic you can tell it's even more evident than before.

Looking at the instructions at Bernardi Honda for installing the Mugen side skirts it looks like maybe there is a "slotted" anchor on the body and maybe it has just "popped out" creating the gap? I hope? If I completely romove it and then slide it back into position and resecure it, will that be the cure to my ailment?

This is the first scratch on my Fit...so my post is part snivel...and part "yes, that is what you need to do"

It really looks like it took a good grinding but I'll be damned if I could tell you how it happened...I could blame our fork lift driver at work but I seriously doubt being bumped with a pallet of material would make it look like it does. My other thought is from a car wash...but it's only been once since being lowered that I've gone and that was almost a month ago...I just dunno how it happened???

Kind of moot at this point but it's one of those things ya know How the f**k did this happen!!!

Anyway...anchor at front of wheel well and it has popped out? Looks more like there is an adhesive pad back there but hard to tell without removal....

Snivel...snivel...snivel....

Old 07-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
You have every right to snivel when something has happened to your pretty Fit. Sounds like the clip came out hopefully not while someone was trying to rip off your side skirt. I found a screw in the floor of my back seat and I kept it thinking maybe one day I will find out where it goes too! Hope you get it fixed good as new.

Cat :x

Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
You have every right to snivel when something has happened to your pretty Fit. Sounds like the clip came out hopefully not while someone was trying to rip off your side skirt. I found a screw in the floor of my back seat and I kept it thinking maybe one day I will find out where it goes too! Hope you get it fixed good as new.

Cat :x
I've already found a loose screw floating around...underneath my rear end trim. Dropped a washer when working the rear shock and fished out a loose screw. I'll be hanging on to it

Since posting I've pried the panel away from the body slightly to get a better look. What I thought might be an adhesive pad looks more like the anchor I thought should be there. Looks like it's been pulled away from the body panel. Looks like I need to get advice on how to re-attach it.

So what kind of 3M tape do I need to shop for guys and gals?