2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap Ebay Armrest - Is it any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Arrow Cheap Ebay Armrest - Is it any good?

I've run across this armrest on Ebay, and I was wondering if anyone has this one?

Looks to be about $60 after shipping which is cheaper than most that I've seen.

What do you think?

08 09 HONDA 2ND FIT JAZZ CONSOLE ARMREST BLACK LEATHER:eBay Motors (item 400062031476 end time Aug-14-09 18:58:14 PDT)

Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 PM
wow that is cheap. I have been thinking about getting one too for a few months just haven't heard of anyone with one. They all seem legit.
I'm curious too.
thanks

Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
For my future reference, the seller is carzpro

I always hate to come back to these threads after an auction has ended.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Looks like junk to me... The factory console/armrest is very high quality and has a very solid mounting system. Any armrest that just drops into a cupholder with a screw or two to hold it in isn't anything I would trust.

As an example... I gave a friend a ride the other day. He's a pretty good sized guy, and when he got out of the car, he put his left hand on the console to help lift himself out of the car. Just looking at that armrest and how it mounts, I bet he would have snapped that thing right off, if not the first time, certainly after a few times.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 AM
as far as i can tell from the photo the mounting system is the same as the one on my honda armrest. It too screws with 2 bolts on the side that cant be seen easily (the are covered with rubber black seals). the honda part looks better for sure but with that price i think its a legitimate compromise.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Dude, look at the shipping. He just wants to get around paying more fees to ebay so he charges more for shipping. In the end it's not that cheap :P

Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 PM
hah I hate people doing ridiculous shipping rates. I saw this awesome decal I wanted for a dollar but $11 for shipping :|

Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, don't be fooled at first. It is $60 after shipping.

$60 compared to $200 for OEM is still significant savings. I can't bring myself to spend $180 on OEM armrest that should have been standard equipment.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by wilbur
Looks like junk to me... The factory console/armrest is very high quality and has a very solid mounting system. Any armrest that just drops into a cupholder with a screw or two to hold it in isn't anything I would trust.

As an example... I gave a friend a ride the other day. He's a pretty good sized guy, and when he got out of the car, he put his left hand on the console to help lift himself out of the car. Just looking at that armrest and how it mounts, I bet he would have snapped that thing right off, if not the first time, certainly after a few times.
Sounds to me your friend needs to learn how to get out of someones car. Any interior car part can easily break if a "pretty good sized guy" puts their weight on it. Even the stock flip down bar on the drivers seat isn't indestructible. Not to mention the door panels are pretty flimsy too. Remember the Fit is a ecobox not a heavy duty truck.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by Blazer Deli
Yeah, don't be fooled at first. It is $60 after shipping.

$60 compared to $200 for OEM is still significant savings. I can't bring myself to spend $180 on OEM armrest that should have been standard equipment.
Exactly!
I've been wanting to get a center armrest for a while but didn't want to spend $180 + shipping. I just bought one from this seller. My total was $58 including shipping. It mounts the same as the OEM and very similiar to Zeta products. Who cars if its not the highest standard material. Have you looked at the interior of the fit? Its not the most expensive material. People we are talking about a Fit not a Lexus come on. I think this armrest looks d*mn good for $60 and it will do what I want...rest my arm and passenger arm and I will now be able to store stuff in that location without the world to see.
+rep for finding this..

P.S. I will let you guys know when I get it in and I will take pics.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Blazer Deli
I've run across this armrest on Ebay, and I was wondering if anyone has this one?

Looks to be about $60 after shipping which is cheaper than most that I've seen.

What do you think?

08 09 HONDA 2ND FIT JAZZ CONSOLE ARMREST BLACK LEATHER:eBay Motors (item 400062031476 end time Aug-14-09 18:58:14 PDT)
Don't do it! I have one of these here for evaluation and there is no support whatsoever! The base does not fit snug in the cupholder and it flops all over the place.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
it's cheap, what do you expect?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
The cheap armrest will ruin your console! They expect you to drive screws on the outside of the console for extra support. When the screws start to loosen up, the holes get bigger and the armrest becomes useless. That should take less than a month. We had this armrest here last year and it's not worth it.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
Don't do it! I have one of these here for evaluation and there is no support whatsoever! The base does not fit snug in the cupholder and it flops all over the place.
of course says the competition

Old 07-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
I'm just educating potential buyers of the cheap eBay armrest. Here are some images that seller does not show you.

There are 3 weak points where the armrest mounts to the console. 2 small screws in the front small cup holder and 1 screw a the back of the console. The part that goes inside the small cup holder is too small for the space and it is not the same shape. There is no support here.

Also, how the armrest mounts to the base is very weak. There are 2 small screws and 2 plastic tabs holding the whole thing together.

Enough said!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pics zeta. I look forward to hearing the other posters results. I really can't rationalize spending $100+ for something that should have been standard.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Exactly!
I've been wanting to get a center armrest for a while but didn't want to spend $180 + shipping. I just bought one from this seller. My total was $58 including shipping. It mounts the same as the OEM and very similiar to Zeta products. Who cars if its not the highest standard material. Have you looked at the interior of the fit? Its not the most expensive material. People we are talking about a Fit not a Lexus come on. I think this armrest looks d*mn good for $60 and it will do what I want...rest my arm and passenger arm and I will now be able to store stuff in that location without the world to see.
+rep for finding this..

P.S. I will let you guys know when I get it in and I will take pics.
Did you get the armrest yet?

Old 07-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Spiritborn
Did you get the armrest yet?
Nope not yet. Hopefully today. Stuff that comes from Cali takes a while to get to Ohio sometimes. I got confirmation last tuesday that it was shipped. So I am hoping it is there when I get off work. I will take pics as soon as I install it.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Yea, let us know...interested in finding out.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Sorry guys..I missed the mail man dropping it off. I got a notice on the door to pick it up at the post office tomorrow. I will post pics when I install it tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Cheap Ebay Armrest - Is it any good?