Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   I had enough.. beware (RANT) inside. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/45776-i-had-enough-beware-rant-inside.html)

eldaino 07-23-2009 10:42 AM

OEMfit: its a GREAT thing that the yaris has more aftermarket support in your eyes: the thing drives and handles like uber crap and its in much more desperate need than the fit as far as improvements go.;)

(granted, i dunno if there really is a bigger aftermarket for the yaris, i mean, just because you can get a supercharger from blitz is no biggie. you can get turbos and superchargers for the gd3, give the ge8 a chance it will be along soon enough.)

to the op:
you should never have let the mindset of this world affect your decision making so much. if you were averaging that type of mileage in your rsx-s, simply READING a review of the fit would have told you you would have not been happy with how fast it is. simple as that man. unfortunately, the economy is not blame, you are.:o

TurboManGT 07-23-2009 10:50 AM

The Fit is slow??? Are you really surprised by this??

kenchan 07-23-2009 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Paul_A (Post 704315)
I guess i got caught in the hype of the whole recession and the whole economy being downside and the must-by a gas efficient spacious vehicle.

ive always liked boxy little cars and both my FitS's serves my purposes very well.

you should've just kept your RSX-S and bought a S2KCR as your weekend car. that's wat i wouldve done if i was in your boat.

can't afford to keep your RSX and a new CR? then wat are you complaining about? you shouldve just kept your RSX-S paid it off and drove it to the ground. that would've been the way to go if you were swallowed by the economy. not a time to be buying a new car especially since you were driving around an economy car to begin with.... no? :confused:

09blackfit 07-23-2009 10:56 AM

Your yaris comment is a little off base. I traded my 07 loaded yaris in (and by loaded I mean EVERY option available, which was power door locks, power mirrors, power windows and the AUX port upgrade). The yaris is an amazingly fun car to drive (I had the 5 speed 2 door hatch), gets better gas mileage than the fit and has a little bit more aftermarket than the GE8. The aftermarket support is only because they've changes nothing on the car since 07 when it came to the states. They added a 4 door hatch to the lineup (which has the same engine and is the same length and width as the 2 door hatch).

The Yaris starts off with about 17 less horsepower than the fit, has no cargo room what so ever (with passengers), doesn't handle anywhere close to the fit (with both being stock), and has costs almost as much (when you get upgrade options that come standard on the fit).

Don't get me wrong I loved my yaris and modding/driving it was a lot of fun. I traded it in because my wife and I had a baby and I needed an efficient 4 door, that still retained some sort of cool factor. But, in no way would I ever consider going back to the yaris after owning the fit. The fit is FAR superior in styling, performance and overall build quality. The yaris was like a glorified geo metro. It just felt cheap compared to the fit.

jast14 07-23-2009 11:19 AM

I have had my 09 fit for about 3 weeks and it's a great car. I like everything about the car so far. It is kind of slow but then again pretty much every car is slow when you compare it to a GSXR 1000. Plus I have a long drive to work each day 60 miles round trip and only having to spend around $20 to fill up my car is great.

Dave Van 07-23-2009 11:32 AM

I am one of the older members here. I have bought 25 new cars and about as many used/collector cars. I have 7 cars in the garage I can drive. I have owned everything from trucks to Smart car. The Honda Fit works for me....but may not be for everyone.....but thats why there are hundreds of different cars for sale in the USA. Sounds like its just a bad 'fit' for you. Be happy...trade it and get something else.

AnlDyxp_GD3 07-23-2009 11:41 AM

bought the wrong car.

Originally Posted by OEMfit (Post 704430)
Yes the fit is slow and that's also the reason why I put mine back to stock minus springs and shorty antenna because to me its just not worth modding it.

bought the wrong car.

Unless somebody release a turbo or better yet a supercharger and maybe also some K mounts for K20 swaps, then I would mod the shit out of it for the hell of it! :P

I'll just leave this right here.......
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2455/...8748ea58_o.jpg

This kinda makes me want to trade my GE8 for a freakin yaris! At least they have better after market support and goodies like a Blitz Supercharger!!! I bets it cheaper to mod too and fun as hell to drive a puny car like that! :D
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3429/...796e5f50_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/...534b7e9e_b.jpg
*drools*

I'm confused. thers BEEN superchargers and turbos for the Fit. LOL :D

Wopasaurus 07-23-2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by TurboManGT (Post 704472)
The Fit is slow??? Are you really surprised by this??

THE.FIT.IS.SLOW.

I think that may have ran through Honda's marketing agencies... I'm glad they decided to change it before airing the slogan. ;)

weeladdie 07-23-2009 11:54 AM

Try running a couple of tanks of premium through your Fit, that'll spark up the perfomance for yah!

TurboManGT 07-23-2009 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wopasaurus (Post 704520)
THE.FIT.IS.SLOW.

I think that may have ran through Honda's marketing agencies... I'm glad they decided to change it before airing the slogan. ;)

Hahaha!! "New from Honda the Fit is slow!!"

kenchan 07-23-2009 12:01 PM

i likes the towhook on the yaris!

phoryu2nv 07-23-2009 12:15 PM

.. my RSX-S handled better stock and is faster.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Unamused-1.jpg

eykeykeyk 07-23-2009 12:30 PM

did this guy just buy a honda fit for rsx-s performance...LOL HAHAHHAHAHAHAH you sir are a dumbass....

TurboManGT 07-23-2009 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

my RSX-S handled better stock and is faster.

Attachment 58598

chris76 07-23-2009 12:38 PM

I can't believe that people are whining that the Fit is slow. What do you expect from a 1.5 liter engine with 117 hp? It's not a rice rocket (although some morons find new and exciting ways to rice it out every day). If you want a real rice rocket, go buy a used Integra, slam it, throw on an improperly-fitted body kit and huge-ass rear spoiler and cover it with grey primer! Then throw on a coffee-can exhaust tip, some stolen 5-times over subwoofers, LED tail-lights, blue headlights, and you're all set!!! (The boom from the subwoofers will cover up the lame high-pitched buzzzzzzzzz from the stupid sounding JC Whitney exhaust.)

In all seriousness, I "traded down" from a 2002 VW GTI 1.8t (with 170,000 miles), and couldn't be happier. Of course it doesn't have the acceleration that the GTI had, but it has a lot better gas mileage and a much lower repair bill. Now that I have a mortgage to pay for, reliability and gas mileage take first priority in my life. And there is still plenty of fun in the Fit without blazing fast acceleration.

JCrimson 07-23-2009 12:38 PM

"- i DONT NEED the 5 seater since its just me and my girlfriend or my bestfriend who rides with me most of the time so why have 5!? such a waste. Yeah, having 5 passengers sucks it just makes the FIT slower and consumed more gas."

its almost like you used the wrong hole to speak out of. rsx = 5 seat, hell even integra type R's have them.

Clown...

eykeykeyk 07-23-2009 12:39 PM

yah the fit sucks..my clk430 cabrio is way faster and the top goes down..the fit only gets good gas milage but i cant put the top down....blah blah blah i bought a fit because i wanted amg performance out of a fit but no this thing sucks...blah blah blah....

dgs 07-23-2009 12:49 PM

I have a feeling this post is going to blow up.

I agree on the no lumbar support, especially since I have a bad lower back. New seats will fix that problem though. Everything else you cited as a problem I don't agree with. It's an economy car, it's going to be slow. One of the reasons I bought the Fit is because of all the interior room, so that was a plus, not a negative.

Seems like someone made an impulse buy rather than a rational purchase. Impulse buys when it comes to cars are almost never good.

kelsodeez 07-23-2009 12:50 PM

speak for yourself guys. my fit is as fast as an s2000 with I/H/E and can run circles around most cars in the twisties. you are just doin it wrong!

EDIT: i didnt realize this was in the GE section. i agree, your car is slowwwww! :D

eykeykeyk 07-23-2009 12:54 PM

I bought a honda fit so i can haul construction concrete around because the fit has more torque then a ford truck...