2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I had enough.. beware (RANT) inside.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:40 AM
I had enough.. beware (RANT) inside.

I guess i got caught in the hype of the whole recession and the whole economy being downside and the must-by a gas efficient spacious vehicle. But seriously, i thought of the real reason why i bought it and i just cant find an answer. Yeah its gas efficient, reliable, spacious but heck .. my RSX-S handled better stock and is faster.

Things that may be a discomfort for some owners but i'll vent it out anyway.

- its SUPER SLOW especially on the freeway you guys know what i'm talking about..
- It's GI-normous, it does looks like a mini-oddysey and wtf do i need all the spacious cargo.. im not thinkin of having a family nor kids anytime soon, again this is just me other people can have used for this but not me.
- i DONT NEED the 5 seater since its just me and my girlfriend or my bestfriend who rides with me most of the time so why have 5!? such a waste. Yeah, having 5 passengers sucks it just makes the FIT slower and consumed more gas.
- Drive-by wire, lllllllllllllllaggggggg..
- Seats are uncomfortable and non-adustable with poor lumbar support.
- Gas efficient, i do get 30-35 mpg but in my GE8 but i get close to about 26-30mpg in my RSX-S except the fact that its 91 oct. WTF is the big differences considering that RSX-S is faster and more fun to drive...
- Interior, i'm tired of keep cleaning and keepin it lint/free.. did i mention that it gest scratch to easily, and WTF is with the door panels havin' white stuff on the cloth material part of it..
- I love and have always kept all my previous car clean inside and out, but this car is big that i have to spent an extra hour to clean inside-out.. previous cars are 04 RSX-S, 92 MAXIMA, 97 MIATA...
- Braking power.. do i need to say more..
- Naive and Ignorant people who drives SUV's/trucks/USDM/Stangs/even grandma in an oddysey can outspeed the fit and also has no respect to the FIT .. i dont know but i think its stupid but its really annoyin when people cut you off w/o there signals and seems like they just think they can push you around since the FIT is classified as an ECO car like the yaris, versa, ..

the FIT has treated me well and i love this forum and i met some really cool drivers/users and this site contains a lot of helpful information.. but i think the FIT is not going to do it for me and i'm just about to let it go and i want a car that's faster, possibly a 2-door, possibly an S2000

Last edited by Paul_A; 07-23-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
shoulda test driven/thought it out before purchasing?

Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Slow is the new fast.

I'd rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

However alot of your other complaints are valid but thats why they invented moding.

Except maybe the braking power. Its fine. (Of course this coming from someone who used to drive a 4k lb Tbird. Let me tell you those 4 wheel rotors didn't do jack.)

Besides the fit is a heck of alot of car for the money. There are other things I need to spend money on besides my vehicles.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 07-23-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 AM
I agree on everything, but my car is far from stock and I sold all my OEM stuff so to sell it now would be ridiculous. How about you go for boost or K20?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
I'm agreeing with solbrothers on the test drive. It sounds like you were looking for a fast fuel efficient car. On the whole "recession and the whole economy being downside and the must-by a gas efficient spacious vehicle" item. I see allot of people buying new models thinking that the newest cars must be the most efficient. There are plenty of used cars that get (from what I'm told) better mpg's than the Fit. I say "from what I'm told" because I don't have personal first hand knowledge/stats.

Have fun with the S2000, they look great!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds to me like you didn't think things through thoroughly enough when you bought your GE8. What can we say, but that the Fit is a cheap and cheery Honda first and foremost.

Oh well. Enjoy your DC5 then. No worries, no harm done And good luck finding an S2000!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:01 AM
have you passed your break in? what transmission do you have? the fit has some decent power in a GE8, but you are coming from a performance side of the spectrum. thats like a mercedes driver complaining about a honda interior feeling cheap and has to much road noise. its a good car and just seems like you didnt think your purchase out.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
hilarious.

bitching and wining about a choice the OP made.

sell it and get something faster then.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
yea the fit pretty much sucks lol

Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
You suck at decision making.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:55 AM
The Fit is practical. That's all it is. It has everything you need and nothing you don't. You don't NEED speed. You NEED efficiency. The Fit's got that in spades.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
i think you forgot that you bought an economy car. what did you expect? when you bought the Fit, didn't you notice that it had 4 doors instead of 2?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by Contrabida Face
i think you forgot that you bought an economy car. what did you expect? when you bought the Fit, didn't you notice that it had 4 doors instead of 2?
lol yeah... just because you bought a fit "Sport"... doesn't mean its a sports car...

Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paul_A
- Naive and Ignorant people who drives SUV's/trucks/USDM/Stangs/even grandma in an oddysey can outspeed the fit and also has no respect to the FIT .. i dont know but i think its stupid but its really annoyin when people cut you off w/o there signals and seems like they just think they can push you around...
Try riding a motorcycle, if you want to be ignored/get cut off. On the other hand, with 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, I can generally blow them off without much effort.

If I wanted a sports car, I would buy a sports car; I often need to haul stuff, so I like the space in the Fit. I've driven slower cars than a Fit (1970 Honda N600 = 0-60 ~20 seconds, even after modding the engine), but the N600 was still the funnest car I've ever owned. Among motorcyclists, there is a saying that it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow. Same for the Fit.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:15 AM

Old 07-23-2009, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
I used to own some pretty quick cars, RX-7, WRX, EVO, I definitely miss the speed but Fit after all is a different type of car, it's utility and economy. I sold my last car 06 Miata before I bought the Fit. I now miss open top motoring but, I made a choice to go economy and invest money elsewhere. Even if I get another quick/fun car I would still keep the Fit, it's just good economical utilitarian car.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Except maybe the braking power. Its fine. (Of course this coming from someone who used to drive a 4k lb Tbird. Let me tell you those 4 wheel rotors didn't do jack.)
I have a theory about the fit braking. I thought the Fit had fantastically portioned brakes for it's needs, UNTIL I had to perform an emergency stop on the freeway. In that condition, the braking was wretched. I did some mulling, and my personal theory is that the front springs are too soft for that kind of maneuver, causing the Fit to nose-down during sudden freeway braking (and thus lifting off the rear tires, causing them to be ineffective while the ABS system goes crazy).

I'm not going to question the driving habits of the OP, but I think that if you drive the speed limit with reasonable distances, you wont emergency brake, and the Fit will handle everything in stride. If you are going over the limit and are stuck in a lot of reactionary events, then you'll see the rear tires lift off and get a lot of harrowing brake events.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Yes the fit is slow and that's also the reason why I put mine back to stock minus springs and shorty antenna because to me its just not worth modding it.

Unless somebody release a turbo or better yet a supercharger and maybe also some K mounts for K20 swaps, then I would mod the shit out of it for the hell of it! :P

I'll just leave this right here.......

This kinda makes me want to trade my GE8 for a freakin yaris! At least they have better after market support and goodies like a Blitz Supercharger!!! I bets it cheaper to mod too and fun as hell to drive a puny car like that!

*drools*

Last edited by OEMfit; 07-23-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM
LOL...you bought the wrong car! Do yourself a favor...next time you're planning to drop $20k on something, stop and think about it for awhile first!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:03 AM
All the room actually works for me. I had an 05 Scion xB, and a 1999 Saturn LS, so moving from those to the Fit was no big transition. My son has plenty of room in the backseat, and we can still fit 2 weeks worth of groceries PLUS his stroller in the back. More than enough for me. I'll end up getting something along the lines of a CR-V after I graduate in 2 years, but I definitely WONT be trading in the Fit. For $20K, I made the best investment I could've made, especially in a city like Austin where eco cars have amazing resale value if necessary. Not to mention, mine is PIF.

Quick Reply: I had enough.. beware (RANT) inside.