2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color choice? Red, Black, or White. Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Color choice? Red, Black, or White. Help please.

Hi, new member here. My wife and I are going to take advantage of the cash for clunker program and trade in my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee on a new Fit Sport with Nav.
I will get her 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI so this should be a win-win for both of us.
The dealer has this car in black, white and red. I have no preference on any of these colors (the wife likes red). Any suggestions or comments other than "get what the wife likes" would be appreciated.

I have never owned a black or white car and the Jeep we have is red but was bought for condition and not color.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:01 AM
red or white, but for me white looks better on a fit

Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 AM
white... easiest color to keep clean... looks the best... not as hot in summer

Old 07-25-2009, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
I say red - black and white show dirt too easily, and black is way too hot in summer.
Steve
San Diego
Red Fit Sport (24 hours old!)

Old 07-25-2009, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
They look good in all of those colors but for the sake of practicality, white is the best, except when it is foggy or snowing you will be hard to see.... Get the darkest window tint that is legal and the contrast along with the tires will be stunning and it will be much easier to keep cool in the summer. .... The GE8s really look best in white as well now that I have taken a minute to think about it..... It is just an opinion though and you will be the ones that commit to looking at it for the period that you have it.... These little cars are such a pleasure to drive you won't care what color it is when you are behind the wheel.... Just don't get one with automatic transmission.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
White.
/thread

Old 07-25-2009, 02:48 AM
I wanted to get white. But i say black does look sick. However, when black gets dusty, it REALLY SHOWS.

white is a nice color, the car is cooler in the summer!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:55 AM
It depends, do you want a practical color or a FUN color?

The most Practical color out of that is WHITE. The sexiest color is BLACK. And the fun color is RED.

I personally wanted red or orange but my husband is a booger and doesn't like either. *sniffs* Since he's driving too we're getting blue instead. A compromise!

I did hear that red fades over time. And black is harder to keep looking clean and you'll boil if you live somewhere that's hot most of the year. The thing I don't like about White is it reminds me of Florida (Old People* Central).

*No offense to Old People on this forum intended.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by draw2much
It depends, do you want a practical color or a FUN color?

The most Practical color out of that is WHITE. The sexiest color is BLACK. And the fun color is RED.

I personally wanted red or orange but my husband is a booger and doesn't like either. *sniffs* Since he's driving too we're getting blue instead. A compromise!

I did hear that red fades over time. And black is harder to keep looking clean and you'll boil if you live somewhere that's hot most of the year. The thing I don't like about White is it reminds me of Florida (Old People* Central).

*No offense to Old People on this forum intended.
This OLD person drives a white one. I have had a black car. Never again. Too hot and too hard to keep clean. I had a red Bugeye Sprite with white stripe which was nice.
Name:  100_6675.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  96.1 KB

Old 07-25-2009, 06:50 AM
i say red.

i have a black fit. it looks awesome after a wash. but dirt does show up more noticeable compared to my retired silver civic. this doesn't bother me. however, having 3 other black fits (2 ge + 1 gd) in the neighborhood does. i also don't notice the car being hotter in the summer.

white comes across as too plain for me.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
I have to agree with others about black,been there,done that,just to hard to keep clean,and to hot. Black is so monotone with all the other black elements of the car,and BORING. Had white cars also,but where I live the white cars rust out quicker then other colors. My threory is the body doesn't heat up and dry out after being wet like darker colors. I like the white because with the darker elements of the car makes it stand out better then darker colors .

I have chosen red for several reasons. Red says fast even if it isn't. Red is sexy.{think Ferrari Enzo} Red you can see in most all weather and light conditions. The red, black & silver elements of the car just all came together. But my main reason I picked red was,in 1978 I bought a Honda civic. To date it was the best car I ever owned. It was with us 15 years,and 190,000 miles. When I test drove the Fit it felt just like I had been placed back in that car. It was red, so I got the red for the Fit .

Pick whichever color suits your tastes,it's going to be your car don't let others make your decision.

PaFitter

Old 07-25-2009, 11:09 AM
u dont want black, hard to keep clean. white shows dirt was too easily. i would get red.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for all the comments.
I think it's starting to look like white or red for us.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by jquan23
I wanted to get white. But i say black does look sick. However, when black gets dusty, it REALLY SHOWS.

white is a nice color, the car is cooler in the summer!
And don't forget, the Fit's paint is TERRIBLE. So black does look great, but you really have to dedicated to make it look good all the time.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
If keeping your car looking clean is a factor do not buy into the "white shows dirt easier" statement that always seems to come up when talking colors. Unless you're talking about easier than silver it's wrong. It's not the same as white carpeting in your house.
Red can fade over time but there are many variables that accompany that. I own a red VW diesel that is starting to fade to pink along one side..but keep in mind it's never been garaged and is 18 years old!
Black was my other choice when purchasing mine. I've owned black cars and all looked nice after cleaning but I had to do that at least once week in my area.
I wouldn't worry too much about a black Fit heating up more than a white or red Fit. They all have dark interiors, a large windshield, and quite a bit of glass along the green-house. All will get a bit toasty in the sun regardless the color of the roof.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Ray's 07/08 MR Fit is half pink already. Do YOU want to deal with that in a couple of years?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Red draws cops(maybe not an issue).
Black is hot and invisible at night.
White FTW.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Out of those three, I like them all but to priortize. Red, White, Black in that order. So Red.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:29 PM
dgs
Color is such a personal choice when it comes to cars. I personally wanted blackberry pearl but that color was not available with the options I wanted.

If it's any indication take a look at the Fit brochure from Honda. Every color except for white has a full page spread. White is boring! It is a total senior Florida retiree color and obviously Honda thinks so too. The last page of the brochure has a beautiful picture of a black pearl Fit under the moonlight. Talk about a sexy color.
Black does require a little more upkeep but when it's clean there is no better looking color.

I also like the red too, very much. I just saw my first red Sport Fit a couple of days ago and was really impressed with how good that color looks in person. My car is white and I am starting to regret the decision more and more each day. It was the only color that had the manual transmission and navigation system option and I jumped on it. But I should have waited. I don't have buyers remorse because I love the car except for the color.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
I like black motorcycles but you don't have to ride inside of them on hot Texas summer days and sweat in the heat with a chamois to dry them as long as you would a car or hearse.

Quick Reply: Color choice? Red, Black, or White. Help please.