2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchasing 2009 Fit - question about Pioneer AVIC F-series

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:44 AM
Purchasing 2009 Fit - question about Pioneer AVIC F-series

I'm about to purchase a 2009 Fit and have a question on how complicated it will be to find the parts and perform the installation necessary for a Pioneer AVIC F90bt.

Is there anything I need to know before purchasing the Fit? For example, is there a special type of dashboard I will need, special hardware, something that I can haggle with the dealer for?

Also, is it overall cheaper to just to go with the Honda navi system if I plan on going Fit Sport anyway?

How integrated will the pioneer AVIC be with the steering controls? Comparable to the Honda NAVI/Stereo?

Thanks for the advice!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:16 AM
See this ginormous thread,

... particularly the posts circa late July/Aug 2009 after the Metra and Scosche kits for the 09 Fit came out.

From the dealer, you don't need anything in particular. The above kits handle the mount and trim. I used the Honda OEM mount with Metra wiring and antenna adapters as described early in the above thread. The only unusual thing is that you need an antenna adapter because the Fit uses a powered antenna, which is different than the typical bannana plug antenna cable. The radio harness is the same as for a late model Accord.

The Honda Nav option comes with vehicle stability control, but the nav unit itself does not support bluetooth for your phone, nor satellite radio. The Nav/VSA option is/was also $1800.

I got a Pioneer AVIC F90BT for $500 street price new, with about another $60 in misc wiring adapters, etc, plus another $70 for a compatible XM tuner, so roughly $650 self-installed.

If you get the non-Navi Fit Sport, there aren't any steering wheel controls (boo!), and the associated module is not prewired, so it's not an easy upfit. Given how small the Fit is, it's not really that big of a deal to reach for the panel. There are some aftermarket units that you could attach elsewhere if you really want separate buttons.