2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Fit Sport Moonroof addition

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stevet47
Are you satisfied with how they did the install? That is only 40min from me. I might have to consider this when I get my fit.
I am very satisfied w/ the install. I would suggest that you talk to your dealer first. I figured that if the dealer did it I could just bring it back to them if i had a problem and thats what the dealer told me. But in the past i've had 2 other cars that i've done it on my own and never had a problem. Also when i compared prices when i was shopping for my Fit i also asked the dealer what they charged. One dealer said they'd give me a name of an installer, another wanted $1200, and the third said they'd do it for around $1000. the dealer i finally settled on said they'd meet the $1000 price. I was just happy that it was all done and settled at delivery.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info.....

the moonroof looks great.... I can't wait to get mine but it will be a while before that. Enjoy it.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 PM
it really does look nice. would u suggest doing a headliner before or after having it installed?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 PM
I wish they had a more stock looking control switch though. I wonder if a switch from another Honda could be used.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:53 PM
What's the deal with your map lights? Specifically, the grey bit in the middle?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:35 AM
I wish they had a more stock looking control switch though. I wonder if a switch from another Honda could be used.
depends from what. eg. my ek had the dash mounted switch. as far as the roof mounted ones though, I don't see why not. they have the same three functions

Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondabRiTT
it really does look nice. would u suggest doing a headliner before or after having it installed?
like a custom headliner? The installer put in a grey cloth headliner not sure what the original fabric was or if its even the same fabric.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kindofblue
What's the deal with your map lights? Specifically, the grey bit in the middle?
The grey speaker thing in the middle of the maplights is for the voice command function of the Navigation system. Its the microphone that recognizes the voice commands.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
That looks really sweet. Funny thing for me is, I'd never install one. I've had three cars that had them and I can count on one hand the times I ever had them open. My clucker-for-fit Cougar has one and the only time I use it is to let out the 120 degree air that builds up in the car because the AC is dead! Other than that, I just never used the darn things. Never had a need or a want to do so. I like a nice shady car when I drive. Even with the tinted window back-raised, the sun pounding on my head is a drag- and no I'm not bald! LOL! Even the glare from the sun is a pain. Yep, day or night I like an enclosed, dark cockpit without wind noise. I'm looking forward to my sport fit with tint, and no hole above my head!

As always, to each their own. Best of luck with it- looks great for sure.

Dan

Old 08-24-2009, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
Not sure...but at night the letters on the switch glow like a reddish color...during the day its white. Works fine

Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm so jealous! My Tidwater Blue Fit wants a moonroof too!!! I've bookmarked the site. Will have to start saving my nickels!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
I'd love to have the JDM fit Sunroof (or skyroof... or whatever it is...) it' HUGE

Browse the pics on the honda.jp Site to see some from above and from inside.
Honda .jp

~SB

Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
I'd love to have the JDM fit Sunroof (or skyroof... or whatever it is...) it' HUGE

Browse the pics on the honda.jp Site to see some from above and from inside.
Honda .jp

~SB
ooh thats really cool why don't they make that available here? i was scrollin the pics and ...is that a Pink Fit on that site??

Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
The Honda roof for the GE8 is a skyroof... but it doesn't open, only has a retractable sun shade...

I would much rather have this ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...installed.html more pics---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-sunshine.html
or even a regular moonroof, which I will be eventually doing; looking into the Webasto sunroofs.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
The Honda roof for the GE8 is a skyroof... but it doesn't open, only has a retractable sun shade...

I would much rather have this ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...installed.html more pics---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-sunshine.html
or even a regular moonroof, which I will be eventually doing; looking into the Webasto sunroofs.

That looks awesome. But i'm still a little weary of panoramic sunroofs. I had a 2005 Caddy SRX that came from the factory with one..it was nothing but problems for me. The sunroof would constantly have a creaking like rocking chair noise over bumps or extreme hot or extreme cold weather. I took it in for repair multiple times and they could never get it fixed, eventually sued GM trying to invoke the lemon law. They didn't take the car back but I settled for some $$$$.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Holy Crap!, that's some badass panoramic view. Due to highly plausible lawsuits, we will never see that here on the U.S anytime soon.

I approve of that Pink Fit.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 PM
looks good im really jealous

Old 06-26-2010, 01:52 AM
I know this is an old thread... but I have a couple of questions:

Any leaks so far?

Did they have to remove or move the large support crossmember that seems to be around the midpoint of the roof?

Old 06-26-2010, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
no leaks or problems so far the car is almost a year old (bought it late july '09), it only has 4100 miles on it so far though. the dealer had it installed so not sure what they did.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 PM
ok ok OLD Thread but,

does it have some sort of water management system? Did the dealer install drain tubes/rain rails? anything like that.

It looks great and I have been considering the inalfa.

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit Sport Moonroof addition