2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: I'm stuck with these two colors for the Fit that I want. What color do you suggest?
Orange Revolution Metallic
27.27%
Blue Sensation Pearl
72.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Advice on buying a '09 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Advice on buying a '09 Fit

***THREAD CLOSED. BOUGHT THE 2009 ORM HONDA FIT***

So... I got into a wreck with my POS '04 Saturn Ion last week. My insurance is paying everything off and I'm getting about $1200 after everything is said and done from that car. I've always wanted a Fit and now that I can actually afford I'm going after it.

There's only ONE Honda dealership here in Omaha, NE that has has '09 models left. I'm looking for a '09 Sport AT no navi. The only colors I like in that model are Orange Revolution Metallic and Blue Sensation Pearl. The dealer is giving the price of $17,500 for either one but no incentives. So my question is... is it worth it at that price with no incentives (please explain) and which color do you prefer?

Hope to hear you guys' feedback. Thanks!

Last edited by eswank; 09-25-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: bought the car
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by eswank
So... I got into a wreck with my POS '04 Saturn Ion last week. My insurance is paying everything off and I'm getting about $1200 after everything is said and done from that car. I've always wanted a Fit and now that I can actually afford I'm going after it.

There's only ONE Honda dealership here in Omaha, NE that has has '09 models left. I'm looking for a '09 Sport AT no navi. The only colors I like in that model are Orange Revolution Metallic and Blue Sensation Pearl. The dealer is giving the price of $17,500 for either one but no incentives. So my question is... is it worth it at that price with no incentives (please explain) and which color do you prefer?

Hope to hear you guys' feedback. Thanks!
That's almost exactly what I paid in PA during C4C a few weeks ago.

Personally I would get the BSP, although the ORM is nice too.

What do I know though, I bought a Taffeta White.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:18 PM
A buddy has the orange; he bought the car because he liked mine, but of course he picked his own color. His is fugly, tho' I haven't told him that....not nearly as nice as red.

The price sounds a little stiff; have you tried pricing one online? Honda dealers (like some other professionals...) have never been known for giving it away.
Moon

ETA- Your're going to like the car. I've been a lot less than successful trying to treat mine like an appliance.
M

Old 09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
When you guys bought your Fit, did you get any incentives? Tint? All-weather mats? Etc. You guys don't know how bad I want a white one. All the Honda dealerships in the area are telling that the only way I can get a white is with the Navi or if I wait for the '10 models. I really wouldn't mind a black or a white '09 Fit.

Last edited by eswank; 09-11-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I paid $700 under sticker for my 09, and it had tinted windows thrown in for free.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned
I wouldn't get the orange unless you really love it. Blue would probably be easier to live with but as you know T White is the best. Price sounds fine. You aren't going to do much better. The '09s are almost all gone.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Strange poll.

Color is a personal choice. Choose the color YOU like.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip
A buddy has the orange; he bought the car because he liked mine, but of course he picked his own color. His is fugly, tho' I haven't told him that....not nearly as nice as red.
Hope he doesn't find this site...................

Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 PM
When you guys bought your Fit, did you get any incentives? Tint? All-weather mats? Etc. You guys don't know how bad I want a white one. All the Honda dealerships in the area are telling that the only way I can get a white is with the Navi or if I wait for the '10 models. I really wouldn't mind a black or a white '09 Fit.
I could have got the salesman a hooker for the night and they would not have thrown in as much as a set a paper floor mats.

I had C4C fever and really did not push much and felt holding out for something like that would not have really mattered. During C4C our local dealer was selling all they had without having to kiss-up to customers.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by 55Fit55
Hope he doesn't find this site...................
I think he already has....
The color suits him, and his wife...that's all that matters. If we all liked black sedans, that's all they'd make.
Moon

Old 09-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I got the blue pearl because that is what I like. YMMV

If they don't go down on price, have then throw in stuff like floor mats and the cargo mat in the back.

Also, make sure you get a good percent rate. Anything above 6% sucks.

this depends on you, but when you meet with the so called finance manager, he/she will try to sell you a bunch of warranty crap that adds on to the price. Pay very close attention and use common sense.

I told my finance guy right away I don't want the extended warranty because I used to be a mechanic and will move to Bangkok within 3 years for sure. I also told him the extra $30-50$ per month x 3-5 years is a lot of cash. I could save the money and pay for ANY part that breaks 3x over, not to mention it is a gamble if it even breaks to begin with. Money in the bank.

After he heard my speel, he said "Oh well I didn't know you were a mechanic, I will give you the ultra low price." hahah GTFO
Needless to say he didn't sell me anything.

Now if you tend to hit curbs, get nails a lot, it might be worth it to you to get tire protection. If you plan to keep it plus 5 years, it might be worth it to you to get the warranty.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
You guys don't know how bad I want a white one. All the Honda dealerships in the area are telling that the only way I can get a white is with the Navi or if I wait for the '10 models. I really wouldn't mind a black or a white '09 Fit.
Don't settle for less than white. You'll regret it if you do

Old 09-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Where's TW when you need her?

You may be able to check out dealers further away to find cars in colors you may prefer. That is what I would do. It's better to get a car you like in a color you like than a car you like in a color you hate. If you have to, you travel a little while. You may also be able to arrange for a dealer transfer if it's close enough.

I would check out various shopping sites like vehix.com -- it can help you find cars within a certain mileage of different areas.

Depending upon how badly/how soon you REALLY need that car, I would personally wait till the 2010s come out, if you can afford to do so. (i.e. does a friend/spouse/etc have a car you can use for a little while? or can you get rides?) Once they come out, the dealers should drop even lower on the 2009s. Unless you're planning on selling it in a few years the value difference between a 2009 and a 2010 shouldn't matter. Plus the 2009s already are cheaper in MSRP than the 2010s.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:59 AM
I have my aunt's Jeep for another 4 or 5 weeks until she recovers from surgery. But I really want to have my own car so I can go wherever I want without putting too much mileage on her car. But we'll see what happens this week.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Get the color you like...if it means to wait for it then wait. Your going to be spending thousands of dollars, mind as well spend it on what you want. Or else your just going to see another jazz on the street with that color you wanted and be like damn...

As for the pricing, no offense to anyone. Car salesman are known as scum of the world. You can lower the price, your just cutting into their comission. Again no offense to anyone...

Old 09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Virtual
Strange poll.

Color is a personal choice. Choose the color YOU like.

...what he said.

But, here's some psych 101 stuff:

Meaning of the Color Orange

Orange, a close relative of red, sparks more controversy than any other hue. There is usually strong positive or negative association to orange and true orange generally elicits a stronger "love it" or "hate it" response than other colors. Fun and flamboyant orange radiates warmth and energy. Interestingly, some of the tones of orange such as terra cotta, peach or rust have very broad appeal.
How the color orange affects us mentally and physically
* Stimulates activity
* Stimulates appetite
* Encourages socialization

Meaning of the Color Blue

Blue is the overwhelming "favorite color." Blue is seen as trustworthy, dependable and committed. The color of sky and the ocean, blue is perceived as a constant in our lives.

As the collective color of the spirit, it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming; however not all blues are serene and sedate. Electric or brilliant blues become dynamic and dramatic, an engaging color that expresses exhilaration.

Some shades or the overuse of blue may come across as cold or uncaring. Blue is the least "gender specific" color, having equal appeal to both men and women.
How the color blue affects us physically and mentally
* Calming and sedate
* Cooling
* Aids intuition

If you still can't decide, smoke a bowl, then go to the lot and pick.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks for that input Watsoff.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd go for the blue but I'm biased as that's the colour of mine

Old 09-12-2009, 03:29 PM
*sigh*

some folks just don't have a sense of humor...alright, dude...maybe the images in these links will help you decide, because...really, how can any of us recommend a freakin color choice??

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rl-thread.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...on-thread.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-pictures.html

Old 09-12-2009, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
I liked your post Watsoff. It made me hungry and calm all at once. Time for some Chipotle.

Eswank, I voted for Blue. It was the third choice for me when I got my Fit. SSM was #1, which I got. White was #2, because they look great in white...but I already have a white Acura CL. Blue was #3, because it's a really nice looking deep blue.

Ultimately the choice is yours, just be happy with it, because it's still a lot of money. You should get what you want. You are paying for it.

Quick Reply: Advice on buying a '09 Fit