Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Has anyone bought a soundracer? Does it actually work? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/50583-has-anyone-bought-soundracer-does-actually-work.html)

mtunofun 11-18-2009 01:56 AM

Has anyone bought a soundracer? Does it actually work?

I think it would be hilarious to have them on Fits. You're at a stoplight and the guy next to you is so baffled because he can't imagine how a v10 can fit inside the fit. It's like $52, but I don't want to buy it in case it's too good to be true.

If anyone on this forum has one a review would be awsome.

shazaam 11-18-2009 03:08 AM

cept the fact all the sound is coming from inside n not outside/the engine/exhaust lol. it could make an lol moment i guess though...just as much as making engine sounds yourself though :)

tidewater10 02-05-2010 11:44 PM

I just saw the video for this. I have to get one now!

Video: SoundRacer V8 turns your boring family car into a fire-breather

Lyon[Nightroad] 02-08-2010 04:36 AM

More Liek soundricer amirite? Besides you could do this with a USB stick and an audio track of a car engine for free. /facepalm. And if you don't have one hell of a sound system no one is going to hear it. With that being said, I've caused chaos in walmart parking lots with the 'gun app' for the iPhone and my system.

BakedCookies 02-08-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad] (Post 810772)
More Liek soundricer amirite? Besides you could do this with a USB stick and an audio track of a car engine for free. /facepalm. And if you don't have one hell of a sound system no one is going to hear it. With that being said, I've caused chaos in walmart parking lots with the 'gun app' for the iPhone and my system.

Pot meet Kettle...

know-nothin 02-08-2010 10:28 AM

Jazz not supported:

SoundRacer

beangrower 02-08-2010 12:40 PM

^that sucks. i gotta cancel my order now. lol.

shazaam 02-08-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by know-nothin (Post 810822)
Jazz not supported:

SoundRacer

^that sucks. i gotta cancel my order now. lol.

...not trying be a D but are you serious? it plugs in the cig lighter/12v and puts out an fm signal for your radio to pick up...it works in any vehicle(no wiring necessary if you have a 12v/cig lighter).lol. even from that link...

If you do not see your car in the SoundRacer Listed Cars donīt worry! SoundRacer can still work perfectly well in your car, it has just not yet been reported or tested.

know-nothin 02-08-2010 06:47 PM

^^^ It says it will not work with Jazz. Here is a list of Honda models not supported:

On the following cars a low signal level and/or a high level of electrical noise has caused problems for SoundRacer to perform satisfactory:

Honda Accord diesel
Honda Civic diesel
Honda INSPIRE -08 (Japan model, like Honda ACCORD)
Honda Jazz

shazaam 02-08-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by know-nothin (Post 811014)
^^^ It says it will not work with Jazz. Here is a list of Honda models not supported:

On the following cars a low signal level and/or a high level of electrical noise has caused problems for SoundRacer to perform satisfactory:

Honda Accord diesel
Honda Civic diesel
Honda INSPIRE -08 (Japan model, like Honda ACCORD)
Honda Jazz

maybe euro fits...jazz's suck like that. when I used an fm transmitter it worked fine...least i thought it did alright.

joe_yoh 02-08-2010 11:05 PM

It's just fine man. I have seen that before but I don't have that.lol

M4psycho 02-09-2010 02:51 PM

That's pretty funny. A little overkill at a price of $50 AUS though =/ If it was $15 or $20 bucks it'd be a pretty decent gag gift.

fmcfad01 02-09-2010 10:24 PM

Wow, why someone would spend $50 on that is beyond me.

mtunofun 02-09-2010 10:43 PM

i just saw a review on fifth gear. Apparently it works from detecting voltage use from the alternator. The higher the revs, the higher the voltage??? Anyways, that's how it's able to match RPMs......BUT, according to them, RPM matching is not spot on and the V10 doesn't work at all. So if any of you plan to buy one (think of it this way, for the cost of a video game you can have a soundracer...not that expensive) buy the V8.

YouTube - Fifth Gear: Web TV - Graham tests the SoundRacer

Konservative 02-09-2010 11:48 PM

Or....

Go buy Forza Motorsport 3. Insert at home. Play.

Then drive your real car in real life after you are done playing. Better gaming experience, less likely to go too fast in real life. Too be honest that thing (Soundracer) seems way distracting.

Fittyfreak 02-13-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by mtunofun (Post 776949)
I think it would be hilarious to have them on Fits. You're at a stoplight and the guy next to you is so baffled because he can't imagine how a v10 can fit inside the fit. It's like $52, but I don't want to buy it in case it's too good to be true.

If anyone on this forum has one a review would be awsome.

I bought 2 SoundRacers, the V8 and the V10, Cobra vs Lambo. The difference is that the V8 has a muscle car sound whereas the V10 has the as expected
Lambo sound. It say it works on most cars and I assume it does, although it did not work on my mothers Prius, I found later it does not work on the Hybrids because of the electrical system. It works by getting the electrical signal from the alternator that drives the sound that is loaded on the chip while working wit the RPM's, it's pretty nifty and worth the $40-$50 gadget money if you like cars. There are allot of Soundracer videos out there, the majority are very positive, there are some cars that the company may not work with, but most cars do work.

The company said that there are some cars where the signal from the alternator is too low or too high that can have an effect on the syncing of the RPM's. My friends bought them and they worked great in their cars Toyota FJ, Mazda Miata, and a Honda Civic.

Anyway, my friends and I bought them from Parrot Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kits and Plug N' Play Harness Adapters - Home, they
were the least expensive when I bought it.

In summary, it's a great little gadget that has become a conversation piece every time I show someone.

citabria7 02-13-2010 08:51 PM

I looked on line, and everyone I checked was backordered. Cheapest was $46 US. Suppose you put a speaker under the rear of the car.....could be fun. ( or at least where it doen't rain much)

Vanct 02-14-2010 02:43 AM

Better off putting that money into an exhaust imo, like the HKS H-P.

citabria7 02-14-2010 09:48 AM

I put a Magnaflow on one of my 4 bangers. While it was louder, it still sounded like a 4 banger.

crash001 02-14-2010 10:42 AM

My last truck was a 7.4 454 bogong can match the fun of driving a real v 8 lol but the soundracer is funny my exhaust is as low a tone as I could find. And it gets annoying after 30 mins I bet the sound racer would get old in 5