2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone bought a soundracer? Does it actually work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Has anyone bought a soundracer? Does it actually work?

I think it would be hilarious to have them on Fits. You're at a stoplight and the guy next to you is so baffled because he can't imagine how a v10 can fit inside the fit. It's like $52, but I don't want to buy it in case it's too good to be true.

If anyone on this forum has one a review would be awsome.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
cept the fact all the sound is coming from inside n not outside/the engine/exhaust lol. it could make an lol moment i guess though...just as much as making engine sounds yourself though

Old 02-05-2010, 11:44 PM
I just saw the video for this. I have to get one now!

Video: SoundRacer V8 turns your boring family car into a fire-breather

Old 02-08-2010, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
More Liek soundricer amirite? Besides you could do this with a USB stick and an audio track of a car engine for free. /facepalm. And if you don't have one hell of a sound system no one is going to hear it. With that being said, I've caused chaos in walmart parking lots with the 'gun app' for the iPhone and my system.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
More Liek soundricer amirite? Besides you could do this with a USB stick and an audio track of a car engine for free. /facepalm. And if you don't have one hell of a sound system no one is going to hear it. With that being said, I've caused chaos in walmart parking lots with the 'gun app' for the iPhone and my system.
Pot meet Kettle...

Old 02-08-2010, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Jazz not supported:

SoundRacer

Old 02-08-2010, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
^that sucks. i gotta cancel my order now. lol.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by know-nothin
Jazz not supported:

SoundRacer
^that sucks. i gotta cancel my order now. lol.

...not trying be a D but are you serious? it plugs in the cig lighter/12v and puts out an fm signal for your radio to pick up...it works in any vehicle(no wiring necessary if you have a 12v/cig lighter).lol. even from that link...

If you do not see your car in the SoundRacer Listed Cars don´t worry! SoundRacer can still work perfectly well in your car, it has just not yet been reported or tested.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ It says it will not work with Jazz. Here is a list of Honda models not supported:

On the following cars a low signal level and/or a high level of electrical noise has caused problems for SoundRacer to perform satisfactory:

Honda Accord diesel
Honda Civic diesel
Honda INSPIRE -08 (Japan model, like Honda ACCORD)
Honda Jazz

Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by know-nothin
^^^ It says it will not work with Jazz. Here is a list of Honda models not supported:

On the following cars a low signal level and/or a high level of electrical noise has caused problems for SoundRacer to perform satisfactory:

Honda Accord diesel
Honda Civic diesel
Honda INSPIRE -08 (Japan model, like Honda ACCORD)
Honda Jazz
maybe euro fits...jazz's suck like that. when I used an fm transmitter it worked fine...least i thought it did alright.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:05 PM
It's just fine man. I have seen that before but I don't have that.lol

Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
That's pretty funny. A little overkill at a price of $50 AUS though =/ If it was $15 or $20 bucks it'd be a pretty decent gag gift.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Wow, why someone would spend $50 on that is beyond me.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
i just saw a review on fifth gear. Apparently it works from detecting voltage use from the alternator. The higher the revs, the higher the voltage??? Anyways, that's how it's able to match RPMs......BUT, according to them, RPM matching is not spot on and the V10 doesn't work at all. So if any of you plan to buy one (think of it this way, for the cost of a video game you can have a soundracer...not that expensive) buy the V8.

YouTube - Fifth Gear: Web TV - Graham tests the SoundRacer

Old 02-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Or....

Go buy Forza Motorsport 3. Insert at home. Play.

Then drive your real car in real life after you are done playing. Better gaming experience, less likely to go too fast in real life. Too be honest that thing (Soundracer) seems way distracting.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by mtunofun
I think it would be hilarious to have them on Fits. You're at a stoplight and the guy next to you is so baffled because he can't imagine how a v10 can fit inside the fit. It's like $52, but I don't want to buy it in case it's too good to be true.

If anyone on this forum has one a review would be awsome.
I bought 2 SoundRacers, the V8 and the V10, Cobra vs Lambo. The difference is that the V8 has a muscle car sound whereas the V10 has the as expected
Lambo sound. It say it works on most cars and I assume it does, although it did not work on my mothers Prius, I found later it does not work on the Hybrids because of the electrical system. It works by getting the electrical signal from the alternator that drives the sound that is loaded on the chip while working wit the RPM's, it's pretty nifty and worth the $40-$50 gadget money if you like cars. There are allot of Soundracer videos out there, the majority are very positive, there are some cars that the company may not work with, but most cars do work.

The company said that there are some cars where the signal from the alternator is too low or too high that can have an effect on the syncing of the RPM's. My friends bought them and they worked great in their cars Toyota FJ, Mazda Miata, and a Honda Civic.

Anyway, my friends and I bought them from Parrot Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kits and Plug N' Play Harness Adapters - Home, they
were the least expensive when I bought it.

In summary, it's a great little gadget that has become a conversation piece every time I show someone.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:51 PM
I looked on line, and everyone I checked was backordered. Cheapest was $46 US. Suppose you put a speaker under the rear of the car.....could be fun. ( or at least where it doen't rain much)

Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
Better off putting that money into an exhaust imo, like the HKS H-P.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 AM
I put a Magnaflow on one of my 4 bangers. While it was louder, it still sounded like a 4 banger.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:42 AM
My last truck was a 7.4 454 bogong can match the fun of driving a real v 8 lol but the soundracer is funny my exhaust is as low a tone as I could find. And it gets annoying after 30 mins I bet the sound racer would get old in 5

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought a soundracer? Does it actually work?