2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIT-ting Christmas!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
FIT-ting Christmas!

So, normally my wife and I give each other lots of small, creative, inexpensive gifts for Christmas. That way, we have lots of fun stuff to open and look at, prolonging the entire Christmas morning experience.

This year, her gifts pilled up, as usual, yet mine accumulated to only three, four the very last couple of days before Christmas morning. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy any and all gifts and am not concerned about quantity. It's just every year we try and pile up these little, inexpensive, sometimes very cool gifts for each other. Mine were strangely few.

Forward to Christmas morning. My wife was up longer than me Christmas Eve, so I figured she'd probably place the rest under the tree before I got up. Once again, these piles of gifts were never costly... we just tried to be as creative as possible, for as cheap as possible.

I get up Christmas morning and there they were... the same FOUR gifts from previous days... nothing more.

I thought, "Ah well, she did the best she could... I will enjoy watching her open her stuff. After all, that is the source of most of my Christmas excitement anyway.

She opened a few things, then it was my turn. I started to grab one of the gifts and she stopped me, telling me to open the small box with the folded ends." (pre-printed Christmas box - no wrapping required).

So I grabbed it, opened the ends, and pulled out a $100.00 bill and a card with some writing on it. I thought, "That's odd... why would she put $100.00 in a gift box instead of purchasing the usual bulk of small gifts?"

I continued by reading the small, credit card-sized note she included with the money. The card had a long number at the top, followed by a hand-written message by my wife:

"Honey, I tried hard to have your gift by Christmas, but it just wasn't possible. So I did the next best thing. The money in this gift box will go toward the purchase of the XM radio module of your choice... because the 2010 Blue Sensation Pearl Honda Fit with navigation and VSA I'm having built for you as we speak doesn't have XM radio, and you can't be without your XM! I really hope you like your present... I just couldn't come up with anything better this year!"

Obviously, the long number at the top of the note was the VIN.

I was already sitting on the floor, but just about fell over on it anyway. Matter of fact, I think I must have fallen out for a few seconds, and came to, wondering what just hit me! A car for Christmas... are you kidding me?

I've wanted a Fit for awhile now (for gas mileage... I do a lot of running around for business, and I foot the bill out of my own pocket). So she's been discouraging me from getting one, saving and planning on this for almost a year now.

All I can say is I'm completely blown away. Guess I'll probably be dropping in on this forum from time to time.

I wanted the Fit because it seemed like the best car in it's category, all things considered, and I like the way it looks compared to other "gas sippers". I'll be doing some customization as funds permit.

WOW! What a Christmas... I'm still in shock and near speechless! Now I just have to wait for "the build" to arrive.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
glad you had a wondering Christmas and appreciate small blessings and welcome to the forums, just one questions.....does that mean she is a keeper? jk.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the present. Your wife is definitely a keeper.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome story, awesome wife! Congrats!

Old 12-27-2009, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
That is really cool man. Look forward to seeing you around the forums

Old 12-27-2009, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome, you'll love it! BSP is THE color, too.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Haha epic! In a good way though. That's really thoughtful of your wife. What a lovely story