Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Fuel Line??? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/52351-fuel-line.html)

Principe1218 01-20-2010 04:34 PM

Fuel Line???

Ok, so i want to put some magnets on the fuel line, since my father tried it and it really helped on his Ford Explorer, idk if the Fit has some somewhere, if not i would love someone to out a pich signaling where is the fule line. thanks in advance

Schadenfreude 01-20-2010 06:27 PM

Unfortunately Fits do not have fuel lines so you can't use magnets. What works just as well is to hold the magnet against the fuel pump nozzle when you fill up. If done correctly people have reported fuel economy gains of 3-180%

Just make sure you don't use a cell phone when filling up. The radiation from the cell phone is magnified by the fuel magnet and greatly increases chances of igniting fuel vapors and causing a fire.

Virtual 01-20-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Schadenfreude (Post 802360)
Unfortunately Fits do not have fuel lines so you can't use magnets. What works just as well is to hold the magnet against the fuel pump nozzle when you fill up. If done correctly people have reported fuel economy gains of 3-180%

Just make sure you don't use a cell phone when filling up. The radiation from the cell phone is magnified by the fuel magnet and greatly increases chances of igniting fuel vapors and causing a fire.

Wow! :rotfl:

Principe1218 01-20-2010 07:15 PM

ohh... well... that explains why I didn't... ill try that one out and will make sure i wont have my cellphone with me while filling her up lol. btw thanks

Virtual 01-20-2010 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Principe1218 (Post 802379)
ohh... well... that explains why I didn't... ill try that one out and will make sure i wont have my cellphone with me while filling her up lol. btw thanks

Do you really believe that there are no fuel lines? How does the fuel get from the tank to the engine?

Principe1218 01-20-2010 07:41 PM

lol... idk... mayb the fuel line is somewhere inaccessible... jajaja i just want to know if it is somewhere accesible so i can put the magnets

Schadenfreude 01-20-2010 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Virtual (Post 802386)
Do you really believe that there are no fuel lines? How does the fuel get from the tank to the engine?

Hey man! Stop messing with people and spreading misinformation.
Everyone knows Honda developed a wicking sponge based system to transport fuel from the tank to the engine. It eliminates the need for a fuel pump and reduces leakage in the event of an accident. A unique and innovative system that only Honda uses now.

mrmatte 01-22-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Schadenfreude (Post 802394)
Hey man! Stop messing with people and spreading misinformation.
Everyone knows Honda developed a wicking sponge based system to transport fuel from the tank to the engine. It eliminates the need for a fuel pump and reduces leakage in the event of an accident. A unique and innovative system that only Honda uses now.

Hey, are you messing with us on this one? sounds like it! ;)

rhyneba 01-22-2010 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think you would want to place it around a steel component of the fuel system, there are two lines at the fuel rail. I think you can see them from under the hood without removing anything, at worst I think you can get to them by removing the airbox and intake tube to the throttle body. I will think I am posting a picture here, it's my first try at a picture post.
Attachment 89084

imgur: the simple image sharer

I do not think these things work but I see no reason not to supply you the information you are looking for. Most of the replies were pretty funny though.

Personally, I think the best thing you can do for fuel economy is maintain higher tire pressures (35-37psi), find fuel without ethanol (I use esso regular), use 0w-20 oil and drive intelligently (watch your lights in town and coast judiciously, accelerate moderately and watch your compressor use) will get you great results. Articles here, here and here talk about magnets under reasonable controlled tests.

Also, use fresh air instead of recirculate and lower the rear windows 6mm, turn the fan on high and it will reduce effective frontal area, increasing fuel economy by at least a couple hundredths of a gram. :cool: