2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fuel Line???

Old 01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Fuel Line???

Ok, so i want to put some magnets on the fuel line, since my father tried it and it really helped on his Ford Explorer, idk if the Fit has some somewhere, if not i would love someone to out a pich signaling where is the fule line. thanks in advance

Old 01-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Unfortunately Fits do not have fuel lines so you can't use magnets. What works just as well is to hold the magnet against the fuel pump nozzle when you fill up. If done correctly people have reported fuel economy gains of 3-180%

Just make sure you don't use a cell phone when filling up. The radiation from the cell phone is magnified by the fuel magnet and greatly increases chances of igniting fuel vapors and causing a fire.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
Unfortunately Fits do not have fuel lines so you can't use magnets. What works just as well is to hold the magnet against the fuel pump nozzle when you fill up. If done correctly people have reported fuel economy gains of 3-180%

Just make sure you don't use a cell phone when filling up. The radiation from the cell phone is magnified by the fuel magnet and greatly increases chances of igniting fuel vapors and causing a fire.
Wow!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
ohh... well... that explains why I didn't... ill try that one out and will make sure i wont have my cellphone with me while filling her up lol. btw thanks

Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Principe1218
ohh... well... that explains why I didn't... ill try that one out and will make sure i wont have my cellphone with me while filling her up lol. btw thanks
Do you really believe that there are no fuel lines? How does the fuel get from the tank to the engine?

Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 PM
lol... idk... mayb the fuel line is somewhere inaccessible... jajaja i just want to know if it is somewhere accesible so i can put the magnets

Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Virtual
Do you really believe that there are no fuel lines? How does the fuel get from the tank to the engine?
Hey man! Stop messing with people and spreading misinformation.
Everyone knows Honda developed a wicking sponge based system to transport fuel from the tank to the engine. It eliminates the need for a fuel pump and reduces leakage in the event of an accident. A unique and innovative system that only Honda uses now.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
Hey man! Stop messing with people and spreading misinformation.
Everyone knows Honda developed a wicking sponge based system to transport fuel from the tank to the engine. It eliminates the need for a fuel pump and reduces leakage in the event of an accident. A unique and innovative system that only Honda uses now.
Hey, are you messing with us on this one? sounds like it!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:13 PM
I think you would want to place it around a steel component of the fuel system, there are two lines at the fuel rail. I think you can see them from under the hood without removing anything, at worst I think you can get to them by removing the airbox and intake tube to the throttle body. I will think I am posting a picture here, it's my first try at a picture post.
Name:  Ai2mu.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  25.0 KB

imgur: the simple image sharer

I do not think these things work but I see no reason not to supply you the information you are looking for. Most of the replies were pretty funny though.

Personally, I think the best thing you can do for fuel economy is maintain higher tire pressures (35-37psi), find fuel without ethanol (I use esso regular), use 0w-20 oil and drive intelligently (watch your lights in town and coast judiciously, accelerate moderately and watch your compressor use) will get you great results. Articles here, here and here talk about magnets under reasonable controlled tests.

Also, use fresh air instead of recirculate and lower the rear windows 6mm, turn the fan on high and it will reduce effective frontal area, increasing fuel economy by at least a couple hundredths of a gram.

Last edited by rhyneba; 01-22-2010 at 11:18 PM.