2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fuel Line???

  #1  
Old 01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Carolina, Puerto Rico
Posts: 15
Fuel Line???

Ok, so i want to put some magnets on the fuel line, since my father tried it and it really helped on his Ford Explorer, idk if the Fit has some somewhere, if not i would love someone to out a pich signaling where is the fule line. thanks in advance
 
  #2  
Old 01-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 110
Unfortunately Fits do not have fuel lines so you can't use magnets. What works just as well is to hold the magnet against the fuel pump nozzle when you fill up. If done correctly people have reported fuel economy gains of 3-180%

Just make sure you don't use a cell phone when filling up. The radiation from the cell phone is magnified by the fuel magnet and greatly increases chances of igniting fuel vapors and causing a fire.
 
  #3  
Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Virtual's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,209
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
Unfortunately Fits do not have fuel lines so you can't use magnets. What works just as well is to hold the magnet against the fuel pump nozzle when you fill up. If done correctly people have reported fuel economy gains of 3-180%

Just make sure you don't use a cell phone when filling up. The radiation from the cell phone is magnified by the fuel magnet and greatly increases chances of igniting fuel vapors and causing a fire.
Wow!
 
  #4  
Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Carolina, Puerto Rico
Posts: 15
ohh... well... that explains why I didn't... ill try that one out and will make sure i wont have my cellphone with me while filling her up lol. btw thanks
 
  #5  
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Virtual's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,209
Originally Posted by Principe1218 View Post
ohh... well... that explains why I didn't... ill try that one out and will make sure i wont have my cellphone with me while filling her up lol. btw thanks
Do you really believe that there are no fuel lines? How does the fuel get from the tank to the engine?
 
  #6  
Old 01-20-2010, 07:41 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Carolina, Puerto Rico
Posts: 15
lol... idk... mayb the fuel line is somewhere inaccessible... jajaja i just want to know if it is somewhere accesible so i can put the magnets
 
  #7  
Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by Virtual View Post
Do you really believe that there are no fuel lines? How does the fuel get from the tank to the engine?
Hey man! Stop messing with people and spreading misinformation.
Everyone knows Honda developed a wicking sponge based system to transport fuel from the tank to the engine. It eliminates the need for a fuel pump and reduces leakage in the event of an accident. A unique and innovative system that only Honda uses now.
 
  #8  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:34 PM
mrmatte's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: palm springs, CA
Posts: 53
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
Hey man! Stop messing with people and spreading misinformation.
Everyone knows Honda developed a wicking sponge based system to transport fuel from the tank to the engine. It eliminates the need for a fuel pump and reduces leakage in the event of an accident. A unique and innovative system that only Honda uses now.
Hey, are you messing with us on this one? sounds like it!
 
  #9  
Old 01-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 250
I think you would want to place it around a steel component of the fuel system, there are two lines at the fuel rail. I think you can see them from under the hood without removing anything, at worst I think you can get to them by removing the airbox and intake tube to the throttle body. I will think I am posting a picture here, it's my first try at a picture post.


imgur: the simple image sharer

I do not think these things work but I see no reason not to supply you the information you are looking for. Most of the replies were pretty funny though.

Personally, I think the best thing you can do for fuel economy is maintain higher tire pressures (35-37psi), find fuel without ethanol (I use esso regular), use 0w-20 oil and drive intelligently (watch your lights in town and coast judiciously, accelerate moderately and watch your compressor use) will get you great results. Articles here, here and here talk about magnets under reasonable controlled tests.

Also, use fresh air instead of recirculate and lower the rear windows 6mm, turn the fan on high and it will reduce effective frontal area, increasing fuel economy by at least a couple hundredths of a gram.
 

Last edited by rhyneba; 01-22-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Steven Hung
2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum
1265
11-20-2018 11:43 PM
Vash
2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
0
02-02-2018 08:34 PM
akcapfit
2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
0
01-21-2010 05:09 PM
hsnt
Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning
3
11-05-2009 04:47 PM
blackgd3
Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning
7
07-10-2007 11:33 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Line???


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.