2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GE8 Owner... Thanks For Helping With My Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:25 AM
New GE8 Owner... Thanks For Helping With My Purchase

just picked up my Fit this afternoon... Taffeta White Sport w/ MT. pretty hard car to find in So Cal right now, had to drive about 60 miles and past 5-6 Honda dealerships to get it... but who cares! its in the drive way now!

traded in from an 08' Accord Coupe EX-L V6 AT... loved the Accord when i first bought it but it quickly became boring to drive. dont get me wrong, loved the hp, the ride, the leather, etc... really was a poor man's Acura... but for what the monthly and insurance was, i didn't love the car. only had the Fit for 8 hours and ive probably enjoyed it more than i ever did my Accord. but enough of the old and on with the new...

spent many hours on the forum over the last few days researching what i could - OTD prices, hwy manerisms, what people loved, what people hated, etc... before i made my purchase. so thanks to all for helping me become an informed Fit candidate, and now happy owner. looking forward to many happy years...

first mod... already ordered Alpine White bumper plugs from www.bumperplugs.com for the m-----f----- center drill hole for the license plate bracket . probably gonna get tint tomorrow, and a clear bra in the next month after the plugs come, eventually some Sport Kit springs and that should be it for the near future. once i replace the first set of tires will get some wheels to match... im sure other mods will find there way in here and there, but for now, thats all thats planned...

thanks again!

Old 03-27-2010, 02:41 AM
Congrads on the new car

Old 03-27-2010, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by socalkid1

just picked up my Fit this afternoon... first mod... already ordered Alpine White bumper plugs from www.bumperplugs.com for the m-----f----- center drill hole for the license plate bracket .

Congrats! Hey what kind of center drill hole did it have? My front license plate mounted from the underside of the lower grill opening with two veriticle bolts... how was yours different?

Old 03-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by jondotcom
Congrats! Hey what kind of center drill hole did it have? My front license plate mounted from the underside of the lower grill opening with two veriticle bolts... how was yours different?
the truth is, the center hole is totally unnecessary. the two bottom bolts you have hold the plate frame just fine. there is a hole in the middle of that plate frame, however, and that's where some dealerships attach another stupid screw. right into the bumper.

congrats socalkid! it sounds like you're enjoying your car as much as i do.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
...there is a hole in the middle of that plate frame, however, and that's where some dealerships attach another stupid screw. right into the bumper...
bingo

thanks for the congrats everyone... 150 miles and counting... absolutely love the car so far

Old 03-29-2010, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
where did you get your car at? my friend wants one but couldn't find a tw sport m/t

how much was it?

Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Diamond Honda in Industry, used to be Diamond Bar Honda.

i live in north LA county so it was a good 60 mi drive on a Friday afternoon to get it. i spent a few hours one night last week just pounding dealer websites, from Bakersfield & Santa Barbara in the north, and just worked my way south until I came across my car. i think it was only the 3rd or 4th M/T i came across (and the only Taffeta White) so i jumped on it.

car was $16.5k before TTL, right around $18.5k OTD

i emailed and bid several dealers against each other using their internet sales department (all via email) and $16.5k was the lowest anyone was willing to go. Diamond initially said $16.8k and i sent them the figures from other dealers and they agreed to match.