2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Every Once in a While I Wish I Had a Faster Car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
Every Once in a While I Wish I Had a Faster Car...

But then I read threads like this on other car forums:

misconceptions of mazdaspeed vehicles - Mazdaspeed Forums

and realize how happy I am to be driving a Fit and not associated with such defensive, over-inflated ego, gutter trash . For drivers of a fun-to-drive economy car we sure have class compared to most of the 'enthusiasts' out there with much faster cars. They make my threads on how to annoy SUV drivers look mature and thoughtful.

Honda Fit: Bigger Wallet, Smaller Attitude.

I think I just developed my first superiority complex.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 05-18-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Wow what asshats.
I hate them, have you ever driven one? So gay. They hit boost for like, half a second. Lol redline is too low..comes to quick

Old 05-18-2010, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
Wow what asshats.
I hate them, have you ever driven one? So gay. They hit boost for like, half a second. Lol redline is too low..comes to quick
Never drove one, just most of the car reviewers worship it. So I thought I should learn more about it. I read around and some drivers are already having trouble with blown engines! I wanted to learn more so I decided to check out the Mazdaspeed forums, but all I find is useless threads like the above. Seems like a bunch of bolt-on-wonderboys between the ages of 20-30 with some serious compensation issues are the only people who drive the cars. It's much of the same in every mustang, camaro, cobalt ss, srt-4 (speaking of which have you ever seen an srt-4 neon that wasn't riced out?) etc. etc. forum out there.

I feel like we are a lone island of sanity. Aparently 1.5L helps keep your head on straight.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
lol they all sound like douchebags XD

Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Lol.

Yea its Pretty crazy on those forums. In general Honda vehicle forums, in my experience, have been more of a family. Lots of help, a handfull of pricks, but for the most part good and informative. I've been a member of s2k forums, and preludeonline.. to this day I still talk to/ hang out with about 10 people from prelude online. . Even tho only one of them still owns a prelude lol
I find that cars that come boosted stock have some really shitty forums.. like you said, seems like They are compensating. .

Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 'Lyon[Nightroad
I feel like we are a lone island of sanity. Aparently 1.5L helps keep your head on straight.
You need to get out more!

I've been a member of several forums that kinda put this one to shame in that department. I wouldn't jump on the high horse just quite yet, as long as the m4d t1gh7 tunerz with blue headlight bulbs and cars riding on the bump stops are abundant.

Seems this is quite a young crowd too, but maybe not with the GE folks. My only complaint is the number of "lols" on here is borderline distracting. Do people really laugh that much when they are typing, or are they just giving it improper use that I see the kiddos txting to each other to mean that there is some sort of light hearted comment? When us old schoolers read it, these people sound like effusive little girls.

I sound like such a prick! I'm not, but to quote many a 10 character response - just sayin' - I don't think the apple has fallen too far from the honda fanboi tree, but I can understand, coming from some of those "other" forums, how this place is different. It is, and I like it just fine. At least people aren't full of insults around here and seem pretty happy with their cars, and happy in general. The lols must mean something, right?

Fitdeez - you are an offender in the lol department - I'm giving you a LOL ticket as a warning, as I just posted the response and looked above. I'l LOL to that and hopefully you will too. I'm not as serious as I sound in my posts.

Last edited by hayden; 05-18-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:18 AM
lol lol lol lol lol

I want a ticket from the lol police too. I'm a rebel like that.

As far as this forum goes. I think people on FitFreak are not as competitive for speed and such. We like to make our little cars look good and take advantage of good handling. We all are pretty clear this car was never meant to be a drag racer (hopefully). Obviously there is going to be exceptions to the rule but for the most part I find many of the member to be very considerate and helpful.
Acurazine is another forum that I belong too that is also pretty mature. Of course the higher class of car you get the more mature the crowd gets (for example rsx crowd compared to TL/RL crowd) but there are always immature members trying to "prove themselves" to compensate where ever you go.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 05-18-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
U have young kids that want to prove something on alot of forums. I have been on lots of forums. But i would say that there is just as many helpfull people as there are bad most of the time.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
I don't need any more power and I don't even use all of its stock ability to go fast so it's plenty fast for my needs. Fast driving doesn't mean good driving.

... m4d t1gh7 tunerz with blue headlight bulbs and cars riding on the bump stops are abundant.
I too see that the youngsters are abundant and they appear "silly" to me.

No LOLs from me.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
I might have to do a photoshop. LOL police! They usually arrive on the scene before the whambulance.

I want to add to my comments that when I was younger, I wanted a slammed ride and to drive crazy and whatnot. I completely understand. Hell, I succumbed to a bit of rice back in the mid to late 90s - as most did. I think it was tasteful stuff considering the times. No combat spoilers though. The people who were raised on cars like me sort of opted out asap once we saw what had happened. Then the WRX came out and speed became the new name of the game.

I think white LED license plate lights are a perfect example. I rock them, and think they are tasteful, but in a few years, once the migrate farther into the realm of obnoxious cars, my perception of them might change. Lexus and BMW help the cause though. That and the led running lights everyone is outfitting their north american cars with. Nothing like some factory rice from Germany to spruce up your ride! It does look clean though.

The more I think about it, the more it is apparent that all bets are off these days. I see so much of everything. Just like music, there aren't strong subcultures surrounding it that there used to be, which define some sort of style that we can turn into a stereotype. Maybe some cultural connections, like I see in some of the California threads have a strong sense of community, but as a general enthusiast, times have changed for sure in that way. There aren't THAT many people out there that just love cars after the rice dust settled.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife

..comes to quick

Name:  TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  29.9 KB

Old 05-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Lmao ^^^^^

Old 05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Fast is a state of mind.

In reality, fast depends on traffic, gas prices, insurance (tickets), and maintenance.

Faster cars usually require more tinkering and parts cost more $$$. Take it from an NSX owner and whose girlfriend had a Porsche 996 Cab. It's not the buying of the car that will kill your wallet, its usually the cost to own and maintain. This is part of the reason I never traded up to a Ferrari or a Lambo, I thought long and hard, and just couldn't justify the added expense and potential expense. While the NSX isn't cheap to maintain, comparatively to those two brands, its about a third less cost. Now if I feel the "fast" itch, I instead take money out of my bank account and go travel. More fun to see the rest of the world than see your money sit in the garage.

Find something to be happy about what you have. However if you are willing to take on those 4 issues above and not look back, then go for it.

2 cents.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITrunner
Fast is a state of mind.

In reality, fast depends on traffic, gas prices, insurance (tickets), and maintenance.

Faster cars usually require more tinkering and parts cost more $$$. Take it from an NSX owner and whose girlfriend had a Porsche 996 Cab. It's not the buying of the car that will kill your wallet, its usually the cost to own and maintain. This is part of the reason I never traded up to a Ferrari or a Lambo, I thought long and hard, and just couldn't justify the added expense and potential expense. While the NSX isn't cheap to maintain, comparatively to those two brands, its about a third less cost. Now if I feel the "fast" itch, I instead take money out of my bank account and go travel. More fun to see the rest of the world than see your money sit in the garage.

Find something to be happy about what you have. However if you are willing to take on those 4 issues above and not look back, then go for it.

2 cents.
Bravo! Same reasons are why I will never consider buying new or used European cars, maintenance expense is a joke. More of us could use your "it's better to travel" mantra too.

Back to topic...
To be honest, this is pretty much the only international car forum I regularly post in. And while I had to get used to it at first, FF does feel like an "island of sanity" compared to most.

I've had "forum fatigue" after seven years online...mainly because I learned that a lot of people who post in car forums aren't real gearheads and are posting for all the wrong reasons. What can I say, the people here generally make a lot of sense and are very easy to talk to...which is why I'm still here and why I try to share/contribute what I can. Win-win!

Last edited by Type 100; 05-18-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
I only post a LOL when I actually LOL at something. It's not easy to get me to laugh- I have a dry sense of humor. But every so often someone cracks me up and they deserve a LOL.

Like, really, like, ya know?

Dan

Old 05-18-2010, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
After reading only the first page of that forum, it seems like the the 2 most asshats in there is/was phillyb and Lenny.

They keep on going how super nood, p*ssy drivers are the ones who blows up their engine. Lex on the other hand seems to be the (just like his avatar says) guru who's main concern is to educate and not bash.

Last edited by onemiglandicho; 05-19-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Banned
I've also noticed how many non-car people are joining up on forums like type100 said....which is why I only occasionally leave the safety of my favorite thread to make a snide remark and then go back into hiding

Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
Diversity.

The Honda Fits economical starting price, coupled with it's versatility and modifiable nature means The Fit appeals and attracts a wider and more diverse group of owners.

The forum reflects that. It's not that any one person or group is anymore mature, or well rounded...but Fit Supporters are very diverse. Regardless of why you personally and primarily like your Honda Fit, the reasons can be very diverse. It's not an automobile people only buy for speed, or only buy for looks, or only buy to modify, or only buy for utilitarian useage...it's all these things and more.

I think with a lot of other vehicles, they appeal to a more focused audience, for a more focused reason. Be it sports car, Hybrid, or Diesel Truck...then I think you see a greater uniformity of attitude.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
...which is why I only occasionally leave the safety of my favorite thread to make a snide remark and then go back into hiding
lucky you, I go over there and it is like I do not exist. But I don't have any 'fake sh%t' "I need a caw" story to suck people in.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Lol not true! I told you Good luck! Lol. How'd the meeting go anyway?

Bak to the topic. ..

Quick Reply: Every Once in a While I Wish I Had a Faster Car...