2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit crazyness

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Fit crazyness

Starting to go crazy in my attempt to buy myself a Fit.

Last year, I started by looking at the 2009 Sport model. Prices were pretty high considering the 2010 models were about to arrive at the dealers, so I then tried to buy a 2010 Sport model w/o navi.

My credit was wonky, so I ended up not buying the Fit at the time. I thought, if given a little time, it might get better.

A month ago, I decided to continue shopping for a Fit. This time I decided to go for the navi trim. Ran into an issue with credit again, but found a dealer that managed to work with it. Manager at dealership promised me that it would arrive ONE WEEK after it's May 28th production date.

For a few days (on this forum) started wanting a manual, but had already put a deposit on the navi.

Yesterday, they told me it has a scheduled delivery date of the 22nd. Today, they tell me it's even later. I asked if they could change my purchase to manual Sports, but they said they couldn't because that car already has my name on it. Yet, he offererd to find another car with the same trim level. WTF?!? Their lie just got exposed not 10 seconds later. I know, he wants to kep the sale on a higher trim. Suffice it to say, that deal is dead. Getting my deposit refunded.

I don't appreciate being lied to. It wasn't even just once either! Lied about delivery date and then about able/unable to switch cars.

Now, I have to find myself a 2010 Honda Fit Sport SSM M/T.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:59 PM
best of luck!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
well technically you usually only have "wonky" credit if there is a lie on your end too

Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jondotcom
well technically you usually only have "wonky" credit if there is a lie on your end too
I told the dealer upfront there's something going on with my credit. I managed to pull it up on my computer, and it appears fine. The dealership couldn't find it at all. They accepted a printout from MyFICO.

I need to find out why it isn't showing up them, even though I can find it.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
If you think you're going crazy, try waiting 2 years into it.

Like you, I'm hoping to get a SSM MT, or even an AT just as long as it's SSM. But as time goes by, for some reason it seems further and further away.

I started my car search in Spring 08, but my credit was shot back then in the low 600s and I just started a new job. So I decided to wait to get a different car, hoping my clunker holds out another few months or a year.

Out comes the GE8 in the Fall and I decided I must have it and found Fit Freak. But my credit was still bad and my debts were still heavy, so I waited a few more months.

Then the recession hit. All around were stories of how people were getting great prices on new Fits due to excessive inventories. I decided that March 09 was the right time, especially since I was about to get a promotion. I went to a dealership with 20+ Fits on the lot, but they didn't have a SSM, but said they could find one. But not for a price I wanted, so screw that. I decided to wait longer, which was lucky because I ended up not getting the promotion (boss was laid off).

My current car broke down several times after that, and that was almost the last straw. I still held off because of other debts. Cash for Clunkers came around, but my car wasn't eligible because it barely made it past the MPG cutoff.

So that brings me to now, where in a few months my credit score will tip past 750 and I'll be out of $18,000 of credit card debt (I could have bought a new Fit!!!). My only problem now is that used GE8s are hard to find, and harder yet in SSM, and even tougher to find an MT. On top of that, I only have a 30 day time period to find it if I want to use the Texas clunker program to get $3,000 for my trade-in.

I still have another 6 months to go, but that's nothing compared to the 2 years already.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
WHAT?!? You guys have a clunker program going?!? DANG!!!

I wonder if I can talk to my relatives down there... hehe. Speaking of which, I have way too many relatives in TX.

Anyway, I was crawling the web earlier... I think I have found my SSM M/T Sport!!! I just started digging into the inventory of any local dealer I could find. I was about to expand my search when I landed on one.

(son of a dog... hit the wrong button on the browser, lost some text... grr)

I hope you get your car soon. I know I'm getting antsy, but luckily, I "only" found out about the Fit fall of last year (when I was originally shopping for an Insight II).

Question now... it's been 10 years since I last drove an M/T car semi-often (I did drive my brother-in-law's BMW once about 5 years ago)... do I remember enough of it?!?!?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
It is just like riding a bicycle. It all comes back very easily. And if not, it shouldn't take you but 15~20 minutes to get back into it. I learned on right-hand drive in Japan, my ex-wife could drive manual and I never had the opportunity to learn, we went to a place on one of the bases that was open, had inclines and in 30 minutes I was out in the thick of it with heavy traffic. My S2000 in Guam was my first left-hand drive MT and it was nothing to shift with the other hand for me, though I still very much prefer right-hand drive for whatever reason. And will not purchase an AT until manufacturers just completely stop making MT vehicles (it is coming in the not too distant future unfortunately).

Good luck in finding/purchasing your vehicle. Damn Vanct, I thought you had a Fit already. Hopefully your wait will come to an end VERY soon.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:41 AM
your not the only one going crazy. i too am trying to get a Fit. right now im in the process of a 2009 Honda Fit Sport MT. $15,500. im 18 and a first time buyer. no credit at all but ive got my aunt to co sign for me. i hope i get it!

Old 06-11-2010, 11:24 AM
i agreed to purchase my 2010 SSM M/T while it was on a boat in the pacific ocean

gotta get it early hahahah

Old 06-11-2010, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Question now... it's been 10 years since I last drove an M/T car semi-often (I did drive my brother-in-law's BMW once about 5 years ago)... do I remember enough of it?!?!?
The clutch/shifter combo is so smooth it practically shifts itself. And that's no lie. Just find your car (easier said than done) and all will be well.

Good luck to all you Fit-less freaks.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Well, it turns out, the dealer that I thought had the SSM Sport M/T had already traded it to another dealer (they probably sold it) a few days ago.

Well, Vanct, using cars.com... the nearest new 2010 SSM Sports Fit m/t to you is in New Mexico. If you want Base model, a number of dealers have it in Fort Worth.

As for me, I found one that JUST got listed... it's SOOO new, that it only shows up online!!! They don't even have it listed on their system (which is weird), they say it's because it's an inbound car. I'm gonna try to go there first thing in the morning and if it is in fact an actual car coming in, I'm putting my name on it!

Old 06-13-2010, 10:07 AM
What website did you find it on without it being on their own website? What dealership has it listed? Us Illinois dealerships will rarely bring in a car like that without having some one already on it. Sounds like possible bait-and-switch tactic?

Old 06-13-2010, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cowboy_Fit
What website did you find it on without it being on their own website? What dealership has it listed? Us Illinois dealerships will rarely bring in a car like that without having some one already on it. Sounds like possible bait-and-switch tactic?
It was on their website, but not on their internal network, was what I meant to say. I first found it on Cars.com as a new listing (less than 1 day). Then I went to their website to see if it was listed. THEN I called them. When I talked to the person on the phone (on Friday), she told me she couldn't find it on their computers and said that happens if a car is inbound.

I went to the dealer yesterday, and a sales guy showed me a list of cars scheduled to be delivered, with it being on it. The timing is pretty close with the other dealer that i had orginially planned on getting the navi trim with (the actual delivery date, not the "promised" one).

Is it a bait and switch? I hope it isn't. We'll find out next weekend. I got a deposit on it... so that isn't likely.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Seems like things are going back to the way they were in 2007 - then it was a three month wait for my car and the color I wanted did not come in and it was going to be another month. Hope you guys can get your cars soon.

Cat :x

Old 06-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Yeah, I checked it out. It's all good. The iN showed them as incoming or being built so you can go with them if you choose. Whats the sales price they are asking or have you not gotten that far yet?

Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cowboy_Fit
Yeah, I checked it out. It's all good. The iN showed them as incoming or being built so you can go with them if you choose. Whats the sales price they are asking or have you not gotten that far yet?
I think I'm going to end up paying close to MSRP for the car. Their offer was for 17,000, I tried to counter with 16,800 (seemed like something reasonable)... but don't think they'll gonna go with it.

Later, when I went online and found out 16,809 is the "average" paid according to Edmund (pretty good guess!).

Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
I think I'm going to end up paying close to MSRP for the car. Their offer was for 17,000, I tried to counter with 16,800 (seemed like something reasonable)... but don't think they'll gonna go with it.

Later, when I went online and found out 16,809 is the "average" paid according to Edmund (pretty good guess!).
wow...

i paid invoice and got .9% finance here in Michigan....

im paying less than $17,000 INCLUDING interest (-tax and title)

Old 06-18-2010, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by teamcaptainjohn
wow...

i paid invoice and got .9% finance here in Michigan....

im paying less than $17,000 INCLUDING interest (-tax and title)
Question is: when did you buy your car?

edit: Update...

Well this shucks. So, my car is at the dealer, arrived either last night or this morning. Its ready for me to pick up. My financing is going through, they just want to add a copy of my W-2 for proof of income, like it matters, since I'm only financing the bare minimum. I need to bring in a cashier's check for the downpayment, but that's easy.

My problem? I have no ride to pick up the car! Being located 40+ miles away means a taxi would be expensive as all hell. Hum... it seems with a combination of public transit and Metra, I can get there. It's just that last bit requires a taxi and I have no idea if there are plenty of taxis there. I think I'm gonna try to bring a bicycle with me, so I can bike that last bit. 3 hours...

Old 06-20-2010, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Ask the dealers to come and give you a courtesy ride--heck that's the least they can do.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Ask the dealers to come and give you a courtesy ride--heck that's the least they can do.
That's what I did. But I'm only about 8-9 miles from the dealer. They had someone follow me home in the new Fit and I drove him back to the dealer after parking my other car at home.

Quick Reply: Fit crazyness