2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repaint scrape or cover with JDP Lip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
Ha!! I think white steelies would look so silly~! :P But try it out and make sure to post pictures! I for one would be interested in how that actually looks heh.
Originally Posted by Occam
LOL... Every noticed though, that basically every car on the road has scrapes on the corners of the bumper? Not everyone you meet has a giant ketchup stain. I'd say these are more like the wrinkles you get in your pants just by sitting down. Everyone has them unless they JUST put on their pants, but you're itching to take them off and iron them.

The Fit's kind of a cheapie car though... Mine was bumped by someone else in a parking garage after about 2 months of ownership, and I used touchup paint on it. If it were a classic or an expensive car, I might care more, but honestly, If I have an extra $300 that I just HAVE to blow on my car, I'm gonna put it toward the principal and have the thing paid off that much sooner.

(I've spent money in the past to make sure my car was perfect. Nobody noticed. Nobody cares. You'd probably be surprised that NOBODY would ever notice if you just touched it up.)
Psycho. Don't recall asking for your opinion.

OCCAM. Agree. We tend to forget these are more or less disposable cars. I went out looking for something to replace my Caravan. I fell in love with the Fit but common sense told me the wife would hate it. We are still driving the Caravan - well my wife is. I got my Fit as a Big Toy to do with whatever I want. Paying it off first is a great idea. I was fortunate to only have to cram all the figures on a cheque and transfer some funds to my chequing account.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
LOL... Every noticed though, that basically every car on the road has scrapes on the corners of the bumper? Not everyone you meet has a giant ketchup stain. I'd say these are more like the wrinkles you get in your pants just by sitting down. Everyone has them unless they JUST put on their pants, but you're itching to take them off and iron them.

The Fit's kind of a cheapie car though... Mine was bumped by someone else in a parking garage after about 2 months of ownership, and I used touchup paint on it. If it were a classic or an expensive car, I might care more, but honestly, If I have an extra $300 that I just HAVE to blow on my car, I'm gonna put it toward the principal and have the thing paid off that much sooner.

(I've spent money in the past to make sure my car was perfect. Nobody noticed. Nobody cares. You'd probably be surprised that NOBODY would ever notice if you just touched it up.)
I know what you mean, but it wasn't so much a matter of how the car looked to others, but how it looked to me, and I hated staring at that scrape. It's also not just a matter of covering it up, as I had wanted the lip anyway, and this just spurred me to pull the trigger on it.

I don't believe in the "car's cheap, so don't worry about it" ideology. For me, my car is something to take pride in regardless of its value. For me, the lip was worth the money. I like the way it looks, it meets my goal, and it meant a day working on my car in the shop, and few things make me happier than that.