2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ipod control through USB?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Question ipod control through USB?

I searched and couldn't find a strong answer: If you have your ipod connected to the USB interface, can you use your ipod as if it we're hooked up to the AUX?.. meaning that you can scroll through your music choosing which to play on your ipod instead of using the head units controls?

Also unrelated, i haven't received my fit yet, but does anyone know if the 2010 Sport M/T comes with that arm-rest? i didn't know if that was just for automatics?

thnx

Old 06-24-2010, 11:52 AM
You get the fold down stock arm rest. If ipod is connected to usb head unit controls.

EDIT: Welcome - when you get FIT? Color??

Old 06-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
You get the fold down stock arm rest. If ipod is connected to usb head unit controls.

EDIT: Welcome - when you get FIT? Color??
bummer about the USB, from what I've read seems so cumbersome to go through your library from the HU. Guess I'll just use the Aux, though I hate where the AUX is, I wish it was where it is on the Navi version.

thnx, I have on order a 2010 Sport M/T in Blue Sensation.. should have it in a couple weeks.. i hope, put a deposit down on it 5weeks ago.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by LeafEater
bummer about the USB, from what I've read seems so cumbersome to go through your library from the HU. Guess I'll just use the Aux, though I hate where the AUX is, I wish it was where it is on the Navi version.

thnx, I have on order a 2010 Sport M/T in Blue Sensation.. should have it in a couple weeks.. i hope, put a deposit down on it 5weeks ago.
You can disconnect it for a moment, scroll to the artist you want, start playing, and reconnect, and it will remember which playlist is active. Otherwise, no.

EDIT: oops, I lied.

I don't know about Pandora, but with Slacker Internet Radio, you can simply start the app, and it will kill the iPod temporarily. You then have your iPhone charging, sound piping through the USB connection, and control of the app. For some apps (Stitcher Radio, possibly Pandora) you can kill the iPod by starting to voice dial, and either clicking "Cancel" or giving the "cancel" command. The phone will stop playback to take your voice command, and not restart it when the voice dialer closes out.

Last edited by Occam; 06-24-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Occam
You can disconnect it for a moment, scroll to the artist you want, start playing, and reconnect, and it will remember which playlist is active. Otherwise, no.
So does this mean if I set the ipod to random through artists names when I plug it in to USB the head unit will play this way?

I must admit I'm not up to spedd - my daughter set it up for me.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Guess I'm not sure what the HU is but I can control My IPOD Touch using the radio controls on the dash.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
HU=Head Unit=Geek Talk=Radio

Old 06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
If you jailbreak your iPhone/iTouch get the "NoAccessorySplash" from Cydia/Rock
allows you to control music/internet radio from device
iTouch tested with ooTunes Radio and iheart radio

Old 06-25-2010, 02:20 AM
you cant control the iPod from the iPod when it is connected via USB. You can control using the interface of the radio, but it can be cumbersome searching for songs

your best bet is to use playlists. the other option i do is keep it on Random. Then if a song comes up and i wanna listen to other songs on that album, hit the random button again, and you can listen to that album straight through. If i come across a song that starts with an R and i wanna listen to another song that starts with an R, i take it off random and can quickly fastforward to it, etc. -it would take FOREVER to scroll through my 3,000+ songs to get to R otherwise

Old 06-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by tamashii
If you jailbreak your iPhone/iTouch get the "NoAccessorySplash" from Cydia/Rock
allows you to control music/internet radio from device
iTouch tested with ooTunes Radio and iheart radio
You are my new best friend!