2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starbucks Drinkers

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Starbucks Drinkers

So, I test drove a Fit sport yesterday. It has a lot of cupholders but I couldn't tell whether they would be able to hold a Large (venti) Iced cup from Starbucks. I get these iced coffee drinks all the time and it'd be inconvenient if I couldn't get it to fit anywhere. I was thinking it'd maybe fit in the center console dual cup holder, but not sure there's enough room above it???? Please let me know. I know this may seem stupid to a lot of you, but it was something I thought about. It won't stop me from buying the car if it doesn't fit, but I'd like to know.

When I bought my Camaro, I told myself I didn't care that the cupholders were right in front of the manual shifter (even after reading about how people were annoyed with the placement). But, now that I have the car, it's really annoying to shift when I have a drink there. I'd like this car to be more convenient.

Thanks!

Old 07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
The Venti or taller cups do not clear the center console(with a straw, but might without), but the cup holders on the sides do, as well as the two that are behind your e-brake. The cup holders on the side work great because if your drink is too hot turn the AC on and it cools it to drinking temps. as well as keeping cold drinks cool. With 10 cup holders Im sure you could find a home for your larger drinks somewhere...

Your question is a bit odd as there is more to the fit than just cup holders. But I understand your concern. As someone who commutes 100 plus miles a day, its nice to just reach and drink rather than fuss with this or that.

Last edited by Stormtrooper; 07-13-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Ahh, thanks Stormtrooper!

Old 07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
no worries, I only answer easy questions.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Well--I don't have a Starbucks too close--but I put Large Sonic, McD's, Whataburger and Dairy Queen cups in my top (near the ac vent) cupholder.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
buy two medium sized drinks.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Too bad none of the cup holders can hold my drink.

52 oz Bubba Keg

While I do drink a LOT of Pepsi, the Bubba Keg keeps each fill up cool for a LONG time if I set it up right.

16 pieces of ice from my fridge (2-1/2" long curved from ice maker)
22 pieces of faux ice on top (bought from amazon, each is 1" cubed)
2 cans of Pepsi

The reason I'm so specific with the numbers... I try to get as much ice as possible, but any more and it'll overflow when I put the two cans in and try to close the lid. I don't use all faux ice, because I like it slightly diluted.

By putting the real ice on the bottom and using faux ice on top, I don't get too diluted on top so long as I continue to take sips from it. I find that I can't even finish a medium soda from McD because it gets too diluted after a short while.

It can last some 3 or 4 hours!!! Unless I'm crazy thristy (hot day or working up a massive sweat)... then 10 minutes.

Pretty complicated for some soda, eh?

Old 07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Wow...now THAT'S a drinking commitment!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Haha, that's great man. You're very particular, but at least you know how you like things!

Old 07-13-2010, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Im gonna take a guess that Goobers might belong to a drinking forum as well...

Old 07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm a bit anal about some things.

I'm having trouble trying to remember what else I do a bit OCD-ish, but apparently my mind has gone into "don't remember bad things about yourself" mode.

At least for the car, being particular can mean unique. Perhaps the difference is subtle, but its there.

So far, it door visors, floor mats, swapped horn (PIAA), swapped headlight, and lower mesh grille. Have armrest, but still in box though. Getting part for steering audio buttons. Plan to do window tint (50 or 35?). Debating on short shifter.

And with those little details, there really isn't any car out there like mine.

And maybe, for a finale, make my own cupholder to hold the Bubba Keg!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
Im gonna take a guess that Goobers might belong to a drinking forum as well...
OMG! There's a forum for that??? Lol, nah I'd probably get into fights about the perfect flavor of Pepsi or something.

It might be best if I stay out of those forums.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
The sunday Ritual for the Specboy family is... Down to Dunkin', Get a larged Iced Coffee, a couple of breakfast wraps, and a chocolate frosted donut (with sprinkles and hopefully stripes) for the little one. the Large from DD is in the plastic cup that has the 2-tiered stance to be sure it fits in cup holders. The cup fits in te center holder but the tall straw hits the bottom of the radio so it bends. as others said, fits fine in the side cup holders but since my wife and I share... the center it is.

~SB

Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
bottled water fits fine, fatties

Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Functionally fitting fantastic fluids from faucets?

:>

Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 PM
lots of cup holders but they are not ergo friendl (location wise) and they only can hold kids meal size cups hehe

Old 07-14-2010, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
I too love the starbucks. Try the tuxedo mocha hot if you haven't yet. All their cups fit fine!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I too love the starbucks. Try the tuxedo mocha hot if you haven't yet. All their cups fit fine!

Yes, the Tuxedo is a favorite of mine. In some areas, it is also known as the Zebra Mocha. Great drink for sure!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
lots of cup holders but they are not ergo friendl (location wise) and they only can hold kids meal size cups hehe
^^AGREED^^

Love my latte, but for a long drive I'm all about water. Just took to hanging one of these on the rear of my seat:2010-classic - CamelBak.com

The only functional cup holder for my 1L bottle is the center rear. My SB vente sits real low in the front holders. Those on the console front=useless.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
bottled water fits fine, fatties

That what rides in my a/c vent cup holder when I'm walking at the track.

Quick Reply: Starbucks Drinkers