2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit vs Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jackie11111
...without a lot of fake flashiness bolted on.
I laughed when I read this due to the irony when followed by your sig.

for me the Extras were worth it. I wanted 16" wheels (as I didn't like the Steel wheel look), USB, 6 speakers, cruise control, plus fog lights are a plus here in VT during bad weather. rolling all of that into monthly payments and having it covered by warranty was important too. I also like the rear wing and the front fascia so that too was a bonus.

~SB

Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by LeafEater
trim differences are listed here
2010 Honda Fit - Options and Pricing - Official Honda Web site

though it doesn't mention the rear stabilizer bar, but you can see that if you look at the specs
My 07 Fit Sport doesn't have a armrest. But I do agree, or the $1500 extra or so it is worth it for the sport.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
With what you get for the additional money, it's well worth it. I got almost $1000 off the sticker price, so looking at it in that respect; I paid only an extra $500 for the sport.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
my 2 cents...here in canada we get a base (dx) mid level (lx) and the sport model

in the US, there is only base and sport.

I took a mid level (lx) 5speed - and added the usb kit and when the stock summer tires wore out, springed for 16" rims and wheels (the car totally changed).

for me i didn't think $2000 more was worth it to move from lx to sport.

yeah i like the looks of the sport more, but there wasn't much difference in options.

If the sport had a sunroof, than for sure I'd go for it - Honda, fit owners in north america want a sunroof too!

also my advise, if ur fit has the stock radio, don't bother upgrading it with the usb kit or tweaters, simply replace the head unit, with a usb port, and speakers - you'll like it more

Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Holy back from the grave post revival Batman. I barely remember typing the above.

~SB

Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 PM
I have had both, and find the Sport much better. No faster...no Fit could be called fast, but better handling and more amenities well worth the minimal extra cost.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:13 PM
I went with the base because the only feature the base did not come with that I would have liked was Bluetooth and I sure wasn't going to pay the extra money for the Sport w/ Navigation to get it. If I wanted a $21K vehicle I would have bought a Kia Sportage which I also like.

I do like the look of the Sport though, very nice appearance. I like the look of my base model too.

***EDIT*** Just realized I failed to give the model year of my Fit which helps explain why I chose it. It is a 2013 and as others have pointed out, the newer base models have more standard features than earlier models.

Last edited by BourboN'Gars; 11-01-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
I went from a 2009 sport to a 2012 base.

The base left money to take parts of the car to exactly where I wanted them.

Leather seats. 7 inch wider wheels with tires I like.

The 2009 was faster but had no customization. Save tires.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ed_in_texas
I went from a 2009 sport to a 2012 base.

The base left money to take parts of the car to exactly where I wanted them.

Leather seats. 7 inch wider wheels with tires I like.

The 2009 was faster but had no customization. Save tires.
7" wider? How do you fit a 13" wheel in those wheel wells without rubbing?

couldn't resist.

The Differentiation between the sport and base has gotten smaller so I can imagine more people being satisfied with the base than back in 2009 when we got our fit. That said, to me the base looks "unfinished" which is part of the reason I got the sport. The alloys, body skirts, and the extras (USB, Cruise control) were the things that swayed me to the sport.

~SB

Old 11-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Burgers are good but cheese burgers are better.

But you can always add your own cheese when you get home later.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:47 PM
To be honest, I went to a Hyundai dealership looking for a car. It came down to either a 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS or my 2009 Honda Fit Sport with Navigation. I also looked at a Corrolla but the Fit and Elantra were the only ones i test drove. Looking back, I probably would have waited a little longer and found a newer Sport for the simple fact that I can buy a navigation system later for cheaper, but what sold me on the fit were it being a hatchback, the mpg, cruise control, and the comfort. I had more legroom in the fit than the elantra...and it was a compact! Plus i dont trust hyundai...yes the car looked good, but Id rather go with dependability any day

Old 04-01-2015, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
I wasn't even considering the base model. IMO it looks like a dork. The sport barely has any features let alone the base model, I'm surprised it comes with windows and doors. I paid $18k OTD for mine and that was my maximum, I have a rule that I don't spend over 18k for a FWD car.

Both my foglights got molested by rocks within the first 2 months, the car has drum brakes in the back (I guess we went back in time to the 80s). The gas mileage isn't great for an engine its' size (I got 250-300 more miles per tank in my old '98 civic that had 1 gallon more capacity than the fit). The key is also from the 80s.

After all that I think its a great car! I really want to keep it forever because it is cheap to insure, takes low grade gasoline, FITS a bunch of crap, pretty fun to drive (except for having no steering feel whatsoever), and has a lot of personality unlike a lot of cars in its' segment.

Oh I also got the 5spd sport for resale value in case I do end up selling it in the future and because its cheaper to fix than an automatic transmission.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:08 AM
All good reasons to buy.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
The difference between Base & Sport have changed with the year of the car. With newer cars 2011 -2013 , there were fewer differences between Base & Sport as Base came with more features.
With 2009 & 2010 model years-- there were more differences. I got the 2010 Sport mainly for the cruise control-- I like the look of spoiler in back, I like the fog lights--getting some protective film over them has really preserved mine. I could care less about the sideskirts--mine are scraped quite a bit now.

An aftermarket GPS worked for me. Saw no reason to pay $2K extra for the Sport with NAV model--plus I like the look of a dash without a big screen in the middle.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
The difference between Base & Sport have changed with the year of the car. With newer cars 2011 -2013 , there were fewer differences between Base & Sport as Base came with more features.
With 2009 & 2010 model years-- there were more differences. I got the 2010 Sport mainly for the cruise control-- I like the look of spoiler in back, I like the fog lights--getting some protective film over them has really preserved mine. I could care less about the sideskirts--mine are scraped quite a bit now.

An aftermarket GPS worked for me. Saw no reason to pay $2K extra for the Sport with NAV model--plus I like the look of a dash without a big screen in the middle.
yup, as i understand it the earlier year base models didn't even come with usb connections either. i got a '13 base model a/t because i ended up well under 15k for it, and it had all the features i actually wanted - i think really the only thing it's missing from the sport aside from cosmetics is steering wheel controls for the stereo, which i don't really care about. didn't care to pay over a thousand extra + interest on some wheels that i'm going to change out anyway and side skirts, fogs and a spoiler that aren't necessary

Old 02-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Thread resurrection! I found this thread when researching what model Fit to buy used -- I'm hoping for a 2010-2011 model.

None of the above posts mention sound insulation differences between the base and sport models. Is there any difference in the 2009-2013 line? I believe there is a difference between the 2015+ LX and EX models.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Old 02-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by jackie11111
I test drove a Sport, then a Base, and then the Sport again (the salesman was getting irritated with me, I'm sure). The higher profile tires and softer rear suspension make the Base noticeably more comfortable, and it was the clear choice for me.

The appearance stuff you get with the Sport (flashier wheels, rear spoiler, side skirts, muffler tip) are actually a turn-off to me. They make the Sport look like it's been "Riced" by a high school kid. As an asian in my 30s, I don't think it's cool to look like I'm a 16 year old anymore - I bought the Base because it's the more comfortable commuter without a lot of fake flashiness bolted on.

Base > Sport!!
wow you dont know rice. Rice is lowered with huge wheels, loud fart can exhaust, and huge body kits that could rip off with the slightest touch. Rice name was given because in japan they do this so kids in the states started after watching the first Fast and Furious movie. Those cars were and currently hideous. I bet you think the Mitsubishi Evo, Nissan 370z, Suburu WRX are rice too. You dont know rice if you think a suttle body kit and fogs is rice.