2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock stereo / power amp

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Stock stereo / power amp

Has anyone tried adding an aftermarket power amp to the stock (non-nav) stereo system?
I know it doesn't have rca outs but couldn't you just re-route the speaker wires thru an amp?
Are the speakers rated high enough for wattage to bother?

I did search but couldn't really find anything on this other than wire diagrams

Thanks!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
There is a FIT In Car Entertainment forum on here, I suggest looking there.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 PM
you can, make sure the power amp that you will buy have the speaker level input.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Boosting Stock Stereo

I just in the last couple weeks did that. From Crutchfield I got a small Sony XPlod amp 200watt (under the driver seat) and Sony replacement speakers for the front and rear doors and the dash tweeters. There's a $25 converter you put in line from the stock speaker wires that converts then down and allows RCA jacks out. It was loud, but not enought bass for me as the rear doors only hold a 6 inch speaker. Returned those and bought a small kicker sub that sits in the back storage. Now it seriously cranks, and I have great sound quality! Best part is I have all the features of the stock head unit (usb in, etc) and it all looks stock so I mantain a low profile with the stereo theives.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hitech Fit
I just in the last couple weeks did that. From Crutchfield I got a small Sony XPlod amp 200watt (under the driver seat) and Sony replacement speakers for the front and rear doors and the dash tweeters. There's a $25 converter you put in line from the stock speaker wires that converts then down and allows RCA jacks out. It was loud, but not enought bass for me as the rear doors only hold a 6 inch speaker. Returned those and bought a small kicker sub that sits in the back storage. Now it seriously cranks, and I have great sound quality! Best part is I have all the features of the stock head unit (usb in, etc) and it all looks stock so I mantain a low profile with the stereo theives.
what did you use for the remote amp turn on?

Also how did you splice the converter into the stock wires?.. i want to do this but hate the idea of cutting the stock wires... I wish someone made an adapter that went between the factory head unit and the factory wires that extracted the speaker wires and also something to use as the remote, so there would be no cutting/splicing involved.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I did indeed cut the wires at the back of the stero and spliced in from there. That is also where I attached the amp remote turn on wire. I will warn you that there was very little slack wire back there, and I had to cut the tape back on the loom just to expose enough to make my connections. As for wiring, I found the complete diagram of colors on this web site, afterwitch I came back and joined as it's a great info forum. The Crutchfield speakers came with adapters that plugged in to the stock harneses in the doors. I did however then tap into the factory wiring looms that run down the length of the lower door steps as I couldn't feed my new speaker leads through the rubber grommets out to the door. Crossovers easily fit in the front kick panels. There's enough room if you wanted, to put the amp behind the right side of the glove box. I did under my seat as it was easier to get to adjust.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
I think I'm going to go with one of these:
PAC AOEM-HON17 Add an Amplifier Adapter, Car Stereo Kits, Audio Wiring Harnesses, Installation Equipment, Electronics, Accessories & Adapters

It's a bypass so there is no cutting of wires at all

Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by TunaSoda
I think I'm going to go with one of these:
PAC AOEM-HON17 Add an Amplifier Adapter, Car Stereo Kits, Audio Wiring Harnesses, Installation Equipment, Electronics, Accessories & Adapters

It's a bypass so there is no cutting of wires at all

yes! that is exactly what I'm talking about! it doesn't say it's compatible w/'09's and up though?.. I'll email them.

thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Let me know what they say, I am thinking this is exactly what I need

Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
Old 07-29-2010, 09:48 AM
yeah but from the looks of that you still have to cut/splice into the factory wires. which is what i want to avoid. The PAC has adapters that prevent that.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Old 07-29-2010, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
I'd still like one that has a separate 3rd rca output for a subwoofer, I could splice but it would be nice to have the channels EQable

Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Old 07-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Let me know what they say, I am thinking this is exactly what I need
i think i know the answer even before they reply to me, I googled 2007 & 2009 honda Fit wiring harnesses and they look completely different Hopefully they're '09+ version is coming out soon.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 AM
BTW tunasoda sounds disgusting.. was that a Jone's soda flavor?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by LeafEater
BTW tunasoda sounds disgusting.. was that a Jone's soda flavor?
I was just about to say

Old 07-29-2010, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Nice LOL

Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Now I see it - a new MOXIE flavor, right?

Old 02-22-2011, 07:09 AM
will that add an amp adapter fit in an 08 by ne chance its says (ALL) right next to it so....idunno

Quick Reply: Stock stereo / power amp