2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Fit Spied at Work

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:43 AM
If you ever wreck it dark colors are way harder to match to. I see cars here all the time where the paint doesn't match. And I to see SSM everywhere an own one. Boo should of got the blue one.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by boomboxbeat
we need a green like they put on the new camaros. i work for a relatively large dealership doing detail and we had a scion tc in that color green with a body kit and tinted windows and it looked fantastic.
the hybrid version of the Fit comes in a bright green....

Although who knows if it will ever come to the North American market.

If you ever wreck it dark colors are way harder to match to. I see cars here all the time where the paint doesn't match. And I to see SSM everywhere an own one. Boo should of got the blue one.
Doe makes that SSM, BBP, TWB, & true blue Sensation Pearl rare collector's items?

Last edited by sooznd; 11-24-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: add photot
Old 11-24-2010, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
I'm kinda of glad they got rid of SSM. I was starting to get tired of seeing them all over the place (sucks because I have SSM). I do like the PMM but think it might be too dark. I like black cars but after owning one and see how you can see every speck of dust on it when it was clean drove me nuts. I have a feeling the PMM will be the same. Alabaster Silver looks like a nice alternative...looks almost white in those pics.

Can anybody find the Fits sales reports by color? (if there is such a thing) I have a feeling SSM would be #1.
haha i know the feeling. SSM hides the dust/pollen/dirt really well vs the white/black. (i used to own a black car) but i guess everyone else thought of that and went with the SSM! but after seeing sooo many SSMs on the roads i get envious of Fits of different colors. lol

re: Fit sales by color- go on the forums https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-photos-videos/ and see which official page by color fit has the most hits. XD

Last edited by V_Fit; 11-24-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
oh man.. i just looked at the official pages by color myself for curiosity's sake. we're effed! official SSM page- 138+ pages! other colors: hovers around 20-50 pages. second place behind us is nighthawk black, with a balmy 72 pages~!

tho makes me wonder if it's bad on Honda for eliminating it's most 'popular' color?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by V_Fit
haha i know the feeling. SSM hides the dust/pollen/dirt really well vs the white/black. (i used to own a black car) but i guess everyone else thought of that and went with the SSM! but after seeing sooo many SSMs on the roads i get envious of Fits of different colors. lol

re: Fit sales by color- go on the forums https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-photos-videos/ and see which official page by color fit has the most hits. XD
Thanks but I already figured that. This is an enthusiast site. I wanted more hard facts sales #'s like this (but in color sales)
Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - American Honda Reports October Sales Increase of 19.8 Percent

Old 11-24-2010, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Thanks but I already figured that. This is an enthusiast site. I wanted more hard facts sales #'s like this (but in color sales)
Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - American Honda Reports October Sales Increase of 19.8 Percent

might need to find out which color Honda produced the most of--those are the ones they put out for sale on the lot. My dealer had 2 SSM Sports when I was looking, no blue (either TWB or BSP), 1 white base and one used 2008 orange. I wanted one of the blues and they had to make a trade with another dealership-- so I had to wait nearly a month for it.

Around here, I have seem more SSM than any other color. Did Honda take orders for specific colors when the models were first made? I have seen more GD Blackberry Pearl than GE models

Old 11-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Polished Metal Metallic FTW! I love that color. Loved it when I worked at a dealership and still love it. Might have to trade-in my Black one for it.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
I so want the 2011 alabaster silver.

My 2010 storm silver is now crap and I hate it.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:33 PM
cruise control is now standard on the 2011 base. Wish it was on the 2010 model.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
When I bout the Fit I wasn't looking for SSM, but that was the only manual I found after looking at 3 other dealerships. I knew that it might not even be there if I went to search for other MT. I really wanted BSP, but the only MT with that color was in San Francisco at the time. SSM it was and I've very happy I got "stuck" with that color.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
damn. polished metal woulda looked nice w/ my type c's. oh well.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Based on the majority of comments on the last page...PMM is the new SSM
ASM might be a close second.

I'm looking at the ASM and the SSM side by side in two windows and I don't see a lot of difference.

2011 Honda Fit - Exterior Colors - Official Site

2010 Honda Fit - Exterior Colors - Official Honda Web site

Old 11-24-2010, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
I agree- look almost the same close on the computer monitor-could be subtle difference in real life

Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Window tint is rarely dark from the factory just to make it legal everywhere law here in Ohio is 50 percent you can barley tell it's tinted I got 32 shh don't tell the cops lol

Old 11-24-2010, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Window tint is rarely dark from the factory just to make it legal everywhere law here in Ohio is 50 percent you can barley tell it's tinted I got 32 shh don't tell the cops lol
No. I'm not talking about aftermarket tint. The green tint that comes standard in most cars from the factory.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by hkfooey
Wait, is that snow on the ground?? Portland got hit with the white stuff already?

I was up there last week and rain like cats & dogs - but no snow yet.
We got slammed with an arctic blast at the start of the week and temps have struggled to crack the freezing mark since then. On my way to work today and yesterday, my car's outside temperature gauge showed 21 degrees. Brrr.....

Old 11-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by pitchafit
We got slammed with an arctic blast at the start of the week and temps have struggled to crack the freezing mark since then. On my way to work today and yesterday, my car's outside temperature gauge showed 21 degrees. Brrr.....
Ah boo hoo.. It's -25 C (-13 F) where I am right now. 21 F (-6 C) is downright balmy!

Back to the point - loving the polished metal colour - classy!

Old 11-25-2010, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
pfffft, that's nothing, it's 62 F here. Oh wait...

Old 11-26-2010, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
The 2011s are now on the Honda website!

The color replacements scream "safe" to me. Pretty boring:

2011 Honda Fit - Exterior Colors - Official Site

I also noticed they now have "tinted glass" as standard for base and Sport, but judging from the above pics, the windows still don't look to have any tint on them.
I'm also disappointed in the colors. It looks like Honda tried so hard not to "offend" anybody. I, for one, am so sick or all the "non colors" car makers offer. Let's see, we have black, white, and three shades of gray.
BORING! Now about lime green, yellow, sky blue? This is a small car, and can rock some bright colors.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Let's see, we have black, white, and three shades of gray.
Doesn't that make for 5 shades of gray?

Quick Reply: 2011 Fit Spied at Work