2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New aftermarket nav/dvd/bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
there are some things you can get away with buying cheap... this is not one of them.

I would not waste my money and time on these china off brand garbage.
I'm in agreement... sort of....

Knowing it's WinMo running on the HU means it has potential if it could be hacked. There are literally thousands of apps that could potentially run on the Head unit and with some luck you'd be running Garmin Navigation, (and if internet is accessible), things like Pandora, Google search, Opera Mobile, [shutter] Bing, Trapster, Weather.... and on...

Who knows whether you can get into it or not... but I'd be interested in finding out. As an example of upgradability, my Dell Axim X50 was running WinMo 2003 (CE4.0 and is now running WinMo 6.5 CE 5.2 - skipped over CE 5.0 (winMo5) & 5.1(WinMo6).

~SB

Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
I know some comments were made about the sound quality, but any other comments from other owners? That would be a necessary improvement. Otherwise, it has the RCA, outs if I'm not mistaken.

If these things are reliable, then at that price, it's a pretty damn good deal. Wondering if the plastic matches up any better than the older ones which were darker than the Fit's trim.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I just got an answer back from the Ebay seller of these in Hong Kong. He says for an extra $55, I could get a version with a built-in digital tuner for American TV.

I'm still not ready to pull the trigger. Anyone else get one recently?

Old 12-17-2010, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered one earlier in the week and will let everyone know my experiences with quality of the product once I receive it and install it.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Once again, cause I'm really curious. How does the plastic color line up? It seems they have revised these. Hard to tell in the pics, but the previous gens were a little darker.

As far as this being cheap Chinese crap - I wouldn't go that far yet. More and more products, as well as some stuff that is probably in your car, is made in China, but the divide between quality products and scammers trying to make a buck out of some "factory" is still pretty large and hard to navigate.

If in another 6 months to a year, people with the first models are still working, then I'd say it's definitely worth the risk.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Not all things made in China are equal. China can and will and have been producing/manufacturing reliable parts and merchandise with the highest and most stringent QC... but they can also produce crappy products and here is where I draw the line. China off-brands do not have QC.

Like I always say.. you can get away with buying cheap but there are also things that you need to be wise about and know that "cheap" just won't apply.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
How's the GPS function working? Are the roads accurate and up to date?

Old 12-19-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah, wish I could see a few more reviews before I pull the trigger. The GPS seems like the biggest question mark.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:34 AM
As specboy stated... the possibilities are good as the HU runs on windows mobile. And being that it's windows... I myself could easily work my way into it "IF" I can get hold or access firmware updates or flashes.

Regarding SQ... I'm not too optimistic that it sounds better than stock as stock form is pretty good on mine. What audio chip it uses can say alot on SQ but that will also bee affected on what the audio power amp used. Until anyone can confirm which amp/op amp/chip used... only then I can get a clearer view on what the SQ might be on this hu.

Still... for what it's worth... I'm not very optimistic but I'm always open to be proven wrong.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
So, and sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but other than the DVD options, is this a better choice than grabbing a Honda unit used off eBay? I'm starting to see them turn up pretty regularly between $4-600...

Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 AM
im very happy with the factory oem NAV....bluetooth would be nice but over all it's a great unit with no issues.
I think the OEM unit is made by Alpine

Old 12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm also considering this FlyAudi unit, though it does cost more. Specs don't say anything about TV tuner functionality.

FlyAudio Multimedia GPS System, Honda 2009 Fit

Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by jccruises
I'm also considering this FlyAudi unit, though it does cost more. Specs don't say anything about TV tuner functionality.

FlyAudio Multimedia GPS System, Honda 2009 Fit
let me just play along with this crap.... why get a $700 when I bet the $300 is the same thing rebranded.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
let me just play along with this crap.... why get a $700 when I bet the $300 is the same thing rebranded.

Yeah, I didn't realize the same thing was re-branded here for $335. Looks like I can add the Digital tuner for $95.
HONDA FIT Car GPS Navigation System [FGHDFT001] - US$335.00 : Car GPS Video

Here's one for $325 + $65 digital tv tuner. Not really sure I can tell what the difference is? HONDA New FIT Auto Video Player with Digital Screen GPS IPOD [HTHTY5656] - US$325.00 : Car GPS Video

This one seems more like the ebay unit the OP has. $335 and includes free shipping. Digital Screen Honda FIT Auto Video Player with IPOD GPS Navigation System [FDEFDRER45] - US$335.00 : Car GPS Video

I'm not sure I understand all the technical specs. Since they're all about the same price, can someone recommend one of these based on the specs? Probably all made in the same chinese factory.

Thanks,

Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
anyone ever order from that site? i might order mine soon after seeing this

Old 12-19-2010, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by canuck901
im very happy with the factory oem NAV....bluetooth would be nice but over all it's a great unit with no issues.
I think the OEM unit is made by Alpine
Right. Yeah I have an 09 Odyssey w/ Nav and I love the nav unit. Some people don't, but at least it's something Honda supports and you can get map updates for fairly easy. But of course in the Ody, it also has XM and bluetooth. But my question is, is it less of a hassle to install this than to install a factory unit in a non nav car?

Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Don't order from cargpsvideo.com - when I ordered my unit, I did some research on the site and it is a scam site. They take your Paypal payment, say it doesn't go through and request you to pay through Western Union.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by ourumov2
Don't order from cargpsvideo.com - when I ordered my unit, I did some research on the site and it is a scam site. They take your Paypal payment, say it doesn't go through and request you to pay through Western Union.

ACCHH!! I was just getting ready to order. I think I'll hold off now. Does anyone else sell what appears to be the knock-off flyaudio at these $300-range prices? I keep getting this site.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jccruises
ACCHH!! I was just getting ready to order. I think I'll hold off now. Does anyone else sell what appears to be the knock-off flyaudio at these $300-range prices? I keep getting this site.
I bought mine from this seller on eBay - he is really good:

Honda Fit 7" Bluetooth TV GPS Car CD DVD Player Monitor - eBay (item 110623202920 end time Jan-09-11 20:25:00 PST)

Old 06-12-2011, 03:04 AM
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but can you guys that have these units (ourumov2, Alex T.) give the ebay seller names? Looks like the previous ebay links have expired and I'm curious to check this one out. Thanks!

Quick Reply: New aftermarket nav/dvd/bluetooth