2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mugen or not

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
mugen or not

so picked up the GE and now wandering if i should get the mugen kit for it?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 PM
i wish i would have when i bought it so do it now! or look into some other companys because we all know mugen is expensive also is you do decide to go with it theres a dealership that is in newyork that all i buy all my stuff from, ill go through my paypal and find out which one and they gave me some deals on that stuff

Old 05-08-2011, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
I would buy the Mugen kit. Mugen parts are harder to get a hold of as they are discontinued later.

If you are going to buy the Mugen kit; I suggest Majestichonda.com. Its where I buy all my products. You probably save atleast $600 for the whole Mugen kit compared to any other place.

Last edited by Neebs; 05-08-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:03 AM
5 Year Member
I say ... no.

I, personally, don't really like/dislike the look of the Mugen front. Kinda like the rear, but need a true dual exhaust to go with it (for me, anyway). I do dislike the side skirts for it, though ($600 for this?!?). Aside from the price, I like the "style" of the Sport side skirt more than the Mugen side skirt (same goes for the front bumper).

On a practical note, there's one reason I can think of to not go Mugen front... fog lamps.

The Mugen front covers up the fog lamp housing, which means, if you ever need (or just want) to change the bulb... have fun! On stock Sport, all you have to do is take off one screw to access the bulb... WTH are you supposed to do to get to the bulb with the Mugen on? Open up the wheel liner? open up the top grille cover and reach all the way down?!? Open up the front underbody liner?!? Detach the Mugen cover? Lots of options, none that are easy.

As for it being discontinued later... is this supposed to be treated like a "collector's item"? Meh... I'll leave that to the "collectors," this is MY car, it's value TO ME is determined by what I like.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I say ... no.

As for it being discontinued later... is this supposed to be treated like a "collector's item"? Meh... I'll leave that to the "collectors," this is MY car, it's value TO ME is determined by what I like.

Unless the OP wants to buy it five years from now where the product is hard to get a hold of, and cost two times more. The OP can even make a profit on selling it too.

Shoot, I was looking for a Mugen lip for my Civic for three years, and found one that costed $500. Wasn't even colored-matched to my car
either.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ouve-seen.html You telling me you don't like the Mugen kit on the OR Fits? You're killing me smalls! However, to each of their own.

Last edited by Neebs; 05-08-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
Well, my point was more of...

If you like it, do it.

If not, don't.

No regrets, now or then.

All the things I've done to my car (aside from the damage)... I would do again, if I got another Fit. In a heartbeat.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:42 AM
5 Year Member
That's cool.

My point was to save the OP from the hassle later on.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I would do it because I love the Mugen appearance products on the Fit. Turns your car into a unique Fit and not one that you see everyday you drive down the road. Mugen means without limitations - and if you have the money to do it I would. When I got my 2007 Fit Mugen and Honda were not partnered and I had to order from Japan and various companies that handled Mugen parts. Do the body kit and then start adding other Mugen parts that you can find on e-bay. Mugen racing pedals, e-brake cover, rearview mirror cover, door sills, window vints, you can also find Mugen radiator and oil caps.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I have the mugen kit on my 2011 Fit Sport. I think it looks WAY better in person, even in black which is probably a more subtle color. but you can totally notice it from stock, especially the rear outlets. very mint. I'm glad I purchased it

College Hills Honda has a great deal on them too. (no I don't work for them), better than the dealership i bough it from. doh. with current pricing they would save around $400 over my local dealership. installs really clean too. it does lower the ground clearance just a bit though. so you know, but not by all that much really.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 AM
As much as I like that Mugen rear I don't think I will get it... the point made earlier about it not being dual exhaust.

It is fake... something like those side ports that seem to be coming back again.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM
that is VERY true about the not being dual exhaust. it looks like it would be but it's not. I also forgot to mention to rather large detail. the exhuast system itself. I don't technically know if it's 100% required but per the honda tech's it's highly recommended to get the Mugen sport exhaust because of the placement of the exhaust tip, the stock doesn't match up too well to the mugen rear end so I'm told. They didn't have one there to test at the time so I bought it anyway thinking if anything it would melt or warp the rear end molding if the tip wasn't centered. So that right there people should know and might be a deal breaker as the exhaust itself was another $865 or so.

It does have a pretty nice sound to it, deeper, throatier sound with nicer voicing without being overbearing and 'droney' as I call it. But I doubt it gives you more HP or anything (could be wrong). the car doesn't feel any different but I only have 1100 miles on it so far so I'm driving super nice like.

hope this helped.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Some would say no but it is a unique look and there are very few full package Mugen GE8's. and w/ all the base and sports out here the Mugen would stand out in a pack of Fits, "just do it"
Big Mike

But if ya do it buy an outragous rear wing

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 06-02-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 PM
ah, too funny about the wing. that is the EXACT wing I've been looking at. I'm still on the stock sport one though at the moment, but I have the full mugen kit and exhaust with the shift kit so far.

but that's the reason I got it. I actually prefer the look of a few other body kits but we have snow in the winter, and a LOT of it. so I wanted poly urethane and with the price of it already matched perfectly to honda paint and it looked cool it was hard to pass up.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:00 PM
I love my full Mugen kit and I feel it's the main reason so many people love my car. Usually they have a hard time recognizing it as a Fit, and can't quite figure out why they love mine when usually they're "meh" about econoboxes.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM
i sell hondas...i have a 2010 Fit Sport Manual CB, i put the Mugen kit on it...i love it! when i sell Fits, i show my customers my Fit, they love it! then they buy a FIT. the only thing is, i had to modify the passenger side exhaust outlet to accomodate the APEXi Exhaust. but it was easy, just used a dremel cut off wheel. ill post pics of it later... but YES! BUY the mugen kit...and it's super easy to install. i did it myself in just a few hours.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member

custom rear fog fixed the dual exhaust dilema - bam! - need i say more?

Old 06-04-2011, 01:36 AM
^^^nice job on using the empty space lol
but imho fit with mugen body kit is for ppl with money but if ur on a budget you can always slam your fit since it already look nice when it slam and change the shoes voila!!!!!
my 2 cents

Old 06-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I just installed the Mugen grille and front and rear underspoilers on mine and love 'em! They really improve the look of the Fit IMHO and make it look sportier. The grille also gives the front a nicer flow versus the odd dip caused by the recessed stock piece.

I didn't bother with the side skirts since they seemed to make too little difference appearance-wise. The stock Sport skirts look just fine.

Funny how the ING's wing has been mentioned - I'm planning on getting that for mine too. Will it fit the USDM models without issue since it's designed for the JDM Fit?

Old 06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
The front is too subtle. In general, it's horribly overpriced for just a small appearance upgrade.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1

custom rear fog fixed the dual exhaust dilema - bam! - need i say more?
Maybe an ooOOH SNAP! would sound good too.

I like the foglight.

and the Mugen Kit. Here in VT, it might not be too practical but I'd still love it. The front looks nice but the I like the design of the rear.

~SB

Quick Reply: mugen or not