2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Deal or no Deal] Is this a good price?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 AM
[Deal or no Deal] Is this a good price?

Hi everybody second post tonight cause I really need some advice.
After research and haggling the best price I have got so far is $18116.44 out of door for a 2011 Fit Base A/T with no options (doesn't include finance charge).

I know this price is outrageous. The dealer is only willing to take 500 off MSRP and they have a $500 dealer fee (seems to be standard all cross Central Florida) so for a base model I am pretty much paying for the MSRP. However this is already the best price I found around (dealer has lifetime transmission warranty included) and don't seem to be able to get any price lower.

I guess with the Japanese disaster + fit demand so high, I am in a very bad timing and don't have much to negotiate with them. They all have the same story. So looks like my luck is running out!

I have to get a car before the end of this month. Seen Yaris, Versa, and Mazda 2, still like Honda Fit the most.

Please let me know what you think of this deal. I really don't want to pay a lot for the car and see the price drop like crazy in a couple months.

Thanks ahead everybody.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:35 AM
same problem...

I just went through the same ordeal...
the one dealership that quoted me a lower price was just scamming me to get me into the dealership... ended up going back to the local dealership that wouldn't budge below the MSRP and haggled the best I could for what i got for my trade-in. got the car I wanted and in the color I wanted and I don't feel like I got screwed on the price...

Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
That price quoted for you on the base is more in the range for a Fit Sport w/o Navigation, and its too much for a base. How much more is it for a Fit Sport in Central Florida.

I wouldn't bite on that Base Fit.

Last edited by Neebs; 05-23-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by Neebs
That price quoted for you on the base is more in the range for a Fit Sport w/o Navigation, and its too much for a base. How much is for a Fit Sport in Central Florida.
Fit Sport is going for lowest 19.5k out of door. Dealers around won't get any lower than $100 off MSRP...

I know this price sounds so crazy. But I really want a Fit. Maybe I should look more into Yaris??

Thanks for reply though.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by two_way_mirror
I just went through the same ordeal...
the one dealership that quoted me a lower price was just scamming me to get me into the dealership... ended up going back to the local dealership that wouldn't budge below the MSRP and haggled the best I could for what i got for my trade-in. got the car I wanted and in the color I wanted and I don't feel like I got screwed on the price...
Don't you just wish you knew the situation would become like this maybe 1 month even 2 weeks ago? I didn't know I needed a car until very recently... Buying stuff especially big item like a car in such a short period of time is just too rush... Normally I need at least 3 weeks to research and negotiate!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
I'm looking at one dealter in Central Florida (Orlando) that is pricing an Alabaster Silver base Fit at $16,650 (auto) and $15,850 (manual), both MSRP.

Last edited by Neebs; 05-23-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:54 AM
I'm looking at one dealer in Central Florida (Orlando) that is pricing an Alabaster Silver base Fit at $16,650 (auto) and $15,850 (manual), both MSRP.
Yeah those are the MSRP. The price I got 18116.44 is out of door including tax+tag+dealer fee with 6% tax rate...

All the central florida dealers I called will not get lower than 100 off MSRP. 100 off is the best they can do...and they all have $600 dealer fee.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chasy Price
Yeah those are the MSRP. The price I got 18116.44 is out of door including tax+tag+dealer fee with 6% tax rate...

All the central florida dealers I called will not get lower than 100 off MSRP. 100 off is the best they can do...and they all have $600 dealer fee.

Yeah, I forgot to add how much the dealers are adding the other fees.

You prefer a new Fit or could you settle for a used one?

Last edited by Neebs; 05-23-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:56 AM
You prefer a new Fit or could you settle for a used one?
I will go used only if I can get a very nice price, which at this time seems to be nonexistence...Also there are practically no used Fit around me.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I forgot to add how much the dealers are adding the other fees.
And a lot of times they will advertise with the fine print of "must bring in trade in value or cash of x000 amount...."

There is no way to get out of dealership fee too!! I have never seen anybody done it (unless it is a personal dealer and he is wiling to waive it for you. Any established dealership won't do it.)

Old 05-23-2011, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
you should get the manual trans

Old 05-23-2011, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't even think of getting a Base Fit for $18k. Btw, where are you located?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
you should get the manual trans
I am a relatively new driver so a stick is somewhat challenging to me. Maybe with more training I will be able to in the future, but currently I only want to get an automatic car.

Thanks for the input!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by GGPJON
I wouldn't even think of getting a Base Fit for $18k. Btw, where are you located?
I didn't think so as well. However after visiting/calling all Honda dealers around me this seems to be the best price I can get. I told a couple other dealers about this price too and they told me to get it because they can't match it themselves... On the other hand just as you said, it is a BASE model for $18k... Ridiculous pricing due to the horrible timing right now.

I am in Central Florida area.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
I didn't think so as well. However after visiting/calling all Honda dealers around me this seems to be the best price I can get. I told a couple other dealers about this price too and they told me to get it because they can't match it themselves... On the other hand just as you said, it is a BASE model for $18k... Ridiculous pricing due to the horrible timing right now.

TBH, this inflation kinda makes me want to sell my Fit and make a little profit.

What's the pricing on the A/T Fit Sport over there?

Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry dude. These prices really bite but it looks like you're out of luck and must pay--unless you go with another car...or can wait a few months to see if things loosen up. To me, the yaris is not even in the same class as the fit. I'm not sure what I'd do in your shoes. Good luck to you.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:35 AM
I picked up my Sport about a week after the Japan disaster
and got it for less than that dealer is quoting you a base.

The thing is... supply is tight right now so some dealerships
are going to play hardball.

The dealership I dealt with had 31 Fits in stock about 2
months ago... last weekend they had 5 and now they are
down to ZERO.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member

Classic Honda.

You're welcome.

This is probably the dealer in Central Florida you guys talking about a couple post above.

* I live in Miami and drove to Orlando just to buy my Fit for the awesome savings. No one will go lower than Classic Honda.

Just read the post immediately above mine and this is the reason to no budging from the dealers to lower the price anymore than MSRP.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
After subtracting 6% sales tax you're paying about 500 over MSRP. This comes from, I think, the added transmission warranty? It's probably not worth $500; it's really additional dealer mark-up.

Checking edmunds and truecar for central FL (32827), it seems like market is right at MSRP (including any additional dealer fees). The market may be changing quicker than these websites are showing. $500 is a 3% difference. It's not that unreasonable, especially if you're stuck getting a car now...

And yeah, used Fit prices are so close to new that it's not worth buying someone else's car.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Steve244
After subtracting 6% sales tax you're paying about 500 over MSRP. This comes from, I think, the added transmission warranty? It's probably not worth $500; it's really additional dealer mark-up.

Checking edmunds and truecar for central FL (32827), it seems like market is right at MSRP (including any additional dealer fees). The market may be changing quicker than these websites are showing. $500 is a 3% difference. It's not that unreasonable, especially if you're stuck getting a car now...

And yeah, used Fit prices are so close to new that it's not worth buying someone else's car.
The $500 is a new tag fee. I need a new tag so that price was factored in.... So including dealer's fee I am paying right at the MSRP which would have been very bad price a month ago but seems to be the only way to get a Fit now...

Quick Reply: [Deal or no Deal] Is this a good price?