2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sick of it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Man. You guys have it easy, I'm about to buy a Miata. No I'm not gay, a 40 year old woman or a man in his mid life crisis. LOL
In a decade or so, I'll probably go either Miata or kit car. But for the moment, I need a back seat and the ability to haul stuff.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
I've noticed the lack of respect I get on the road now. With my 2500HD crew cab I made the rules and people let me in no problem. Not so much any more with this tiny car. But saving the truck for truck only duties is the wise thing to do.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure I freak out, or surprise traffic around me daily, and have never gotten a negative comment about my ride.

I can drive it faster than a miata (but that's just me), and the hate campaign against that car reminds me of the one against Fits, but who's at the track on the weekends? Miatas. I feel lucky to have discovered the platform and given it a chance. Wish more would, but the average penis size among car enthusiasts probably tends to run on the small side and they'll never compromise the kick-your-ass facade held thinly in place by their vehicle.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Speaking of penis size among car enthusiasts:

I know for a fact that the new Camaros are made for people 6' and under (aka people who have small man syndrome). I saw a guy driving one today who had a good 6" from the ceiling. i'm guessing he was 5'4" tops, hmm I wonder if he's making up for something :rollseyes:

Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
LOL @ Shorty

haha, I guess I should've said, that's where the majority of small man syndrome comes into play.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, car makers in America generally don't ex an entire part of their buying demographic (people over 6' tall) unless their research indicated it was a safe move.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:20 PM
If anybody tells me I should've bought an American car I say "So I shouldn't buy foreign products?" If they say yes I say "Like, um, OIL?" Then the subject of mileage comes up.

If we buy only American products, then other countries won't buy our stuff. That means no exporting airplanes, or movies, or wheat, or pharmaceuticals, or high-tech products, or anything else we still make.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
If anybody tells me I should've bought an American car I say "So I shouldn't buy foreign products?" If they say yes I say "Like, um, OIL?" Then the subject of mileage comes up.

If we buy only American products, then other countries won't buy our stuff. That means no exporting airplanes, or movies, or wheat, or pharmaceuticals, or high-tech products, or anything else we still make.
Are any of the small hatchbacks american made?

Old 06-04-2011, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Slap on a bunch of "I Love Haters" decal.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
It is funny because you either get people who love the Fit or those who just shake their heads. They will never understand the passion we have for our cars.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm 63 retired with good pension, got a chunk of money in the bank, retired at 50 BTW. I drive a Fit because that is what I want, could care less what others think.

They got nothing better to do then worry about what I drive? Maybe they should get a life.
JIm 0311

Old 06-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Let them comment. You'll be laughing at the gas pumps.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:04 AM
some care too much of what others think. were all judgmental by nature, even when we don't realize were judging, we are for every stranger you see. get used to being judged.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
At the road course or HPDE, the owners of various exotics all laughed in self pleasure when our main class room instructor asked the class "who has the lowest amount of HP here?" I proudly stood up wearing a retired F1 race suit and said "I do, " they all had to know, "how much HP does it make?" I said "100HP on a good day " they all laughed and made statement about how their GT2's can go 130 in 3rd gear.. Etc. The main instructor replied once the laughter and comments were all over "watch him, keep your eye on the fit."
Then we went to our first session of the day on the track. Afterwards I was asked by the ENTIRE class why did I lie about my HP and car. I replied "I didn't >.>" the remaining goal of the rest of the class of that day at the track was to see who could shake the fit and not be passed by a car that has 100HP. All of a sudden, HP and money didn't mean too much to the classroom and more and more actual driving questions arrose.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I get alot of flack for owning a fit too. I am 25 year old white male. I have owned turbo rx7's, v8 firebirds, old school 70s imports, and a hand full of other turbo cars. I still own a 600rr that fits in the garage with my fit. Truth be told I use the "my bike is faster then any shit you own" card all the time.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
A light modern car is quite capable in a real world track condition, but not on paper. I doubt gt2-dude can even drive his car at 7/10ths, and regardless of what's under the hood, gravity, and changing directions in it, is a static law of physics, and that car has 800 more pounds to deal with. Fast expensive cars need very good drivers to get the maximum performance out of them. In almost all cases, if someone works hard enough to make that kinda dough, then they aren't training at the racetrack in the evenings. If they just have that much dough, I doubt they are motivated to be a good driver, but rather, to have their faster machinery make up for that lack.

I'd probably wreck an exotic while exploring the limits due to lack of experience, and would need to work my way up to that. It's a sport like any other. Just cause I have pro-grade golf clubs, that doesn't make me that much better, really.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Every now and then somebody in a land-yacht (Excursion, etc) will want to race. One time after a pretty equal match we came to a redlight. I rolled my window down and motioned for him to roll his down. He looked kinda fat and had a cheeseburger in his hand. I said..."excuse me, I was just wondering if your ass was as fat as your vehicle." Made the right turn laughing out loud.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
This thread is full of lols...keep em coming

Old 06-05-2011, 07:17 PM
This did become pretty entertaining lol. Sadly no one has ever tried to race me in the Fit

Old 06-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Haven't gotten much hate for my car but what I absolutely DESPISE is when people assume I'm driving my husband's car. Other than that, people seem pretty impressed with the Fit. I get a lot of compliments and questions.

Quick Reply: Sick of it!