2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Fit Progression Silver Storm

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great...I wish you where local here and I'd bust out our roller for you

Old 06-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by backwoods
Looks great...I wish you where local here and I'd bust out our roller for you
thanks for the offer bro, i had a good talk with a friend, since my wheels are 8 inches wide they stick out, so we think rolling wouldnt do a single thing, i would have to drive carefully around everywhere, once i can ill get a pick up of how far my back and front tires stick out.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 PM
looks good. i wish i had done progression shots as i added stuff. oh well. idk if its the lighting or what, but it looks like your front left is noticeably lower than the right side O_o
or is that just settling of the springs in between shots?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
looks good. i wish i had done progression shots as i added stuff. oh well. idk if its the lighting or what, but it looks like your front left is noticeably lower than the right side O_o
or is that just settling of the springs in between shots?
thank you, i think its a shadow in my rear, cause my back tires fit well but my front ones stick out so its hitting the sun.

what do you guys think, would rolling fenders even help me!?

heres my fronts

and my backs

i didnt do my research, so i got 8inches wide rims oops

Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Rolling might help... your setup sticks out a little more than mine. I've got 205/50/16 with 16x7 +43 and Swift springs (1.2f/1.0r). I only rub the top part of the liner if I manage to nail a bump while "hard cornering." There's another part that I will rub just from turning, but its not much.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Rolling might help... your setup sticks out a little more than mine. I've got 205/50/16 with 16x7 +43 and Swift springs (1.2f/1.0r). I only rub the top part of the liner if I manage to nail a bump while "hard cornering." There's another part that I will rub just from turning, but its not much.
i'm so far on the same boat as you, same exact experience, i have to go up my drive way in an angle, and speed bumps really slowly

Old 07-01-2011, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
I don't mind the scraping anymore... just trying not to bash my front end down. It's not even fully mounted as it is... the two clips that hold the bumper onto the head lights and grille cover (open the hood, you'll see it) isn't attached because of my aftermarket headlights.

Looking at it, seems like the bumper and hood are slowly aiming downward!

How's SD? I may be out there soon, if not July, by August.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
I don't mind the scraping anymore... just trying not to bash my front end down. It's not even fully mounted as it is... the two clips that hold the bumper onto the head lights and grille cover (open the hood, you'll see it) isn't attached because of my aftermarket headlights.

Looking at it, seems like the bumper and hood are slowly aiming downward!

How's SD? I may be out there soon, if not July, by August.
SD is good, its hot! Im actually not liking these 8 inch wide rims, i put them up for sale on Craigslist here

FS: Rota Torques Matte Black 17x8 rims

I need to get 7.5 or 7 inch wide rims and the ill think this will work out

Old 07-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Rolling the fenders will definitely help get rid of the rubbing. I think you may have a difficult time recouping your money from the wheels since one needs to be repowdercoated to look perfect again. Your best bet is to figure out a way to make it work.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Simple roll will fix that problem easily {trust me :-)}

Old 07-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Rolling the fenders will definitely help get rid of the rubbing. I think you may have a difficult time recouping your money from the wheels since one needs to be repowdercoated to look perfect again. Your best bet is to figure out a way to make it work.
thank you, i'm having a friend of mine take a look at my car, his ride is a slammed tc, so he'll let me know what i should do about it, the rear is great :> i still love the rims!

Old 07-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Simple roll will fix that problem easily {trust me :-)}
i trust you bud thank you :>:>

sorry im a newb at this, i just dont want to waste my time and money. i got visors on, picture will be up soon

Old 07-01-2011, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Check out Tenzo-R wheels.If i buy new rims for my Fit it will be Tenzo-R.They are good wheels and came 17x7.I love Project 7.Good luck.The Fit looks good.Keep the good work....
[ TENZO-R ] TENZO RACING SPORTS :: OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Old 07-01-2011, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Newb or not just be happy with your car. It's brand new and if you did not want to roll them it would be perfectly understandable.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by StormSurfer
Check out Tenzo-R wheels.If i buy new rims for my Fit it will be Tenzo-R.They are good wheels and came 17x7.I love Project 7.Good luck.The Fit looks good.Keep the good work....
[ TENZO-R ] TENZO RACING SPORTS :: OFFICIAL WEBSITE

sick ill check'em out! and thank you

Newb or not just be happy with your car. It's brand new and if you did not want to roll them it would be perfectly understandable.
i dont mind rolling them, the shop where i go actually cuts them down

Old 07-01-2011, 05:55 PM
oh wow those Tenzo-R are very nice............. :0

Old 07-01-2011, 06:58 PM
mugen style visors

Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by DAY54
the offset = 35mm

haha thank you! i flatland bmx, do you street? i got a new frame so once my car gets lowered tomorrow, ill try to get a new pic with the drop and put my bike on the rack with the new frame ^.^

just lift your backseats up and throw your bike in there, thats what i did, i just wanted some style and got the bike rack :>
Yeah, I ride street and park mostly. Can do a bit of flatland myself lol. I can do 900 big spins... At least I think that's what they are called...? When you stand on one rear peg and spin around as much as possible.

I've been tossing the bike in the back for awhile, but it's kind of a hassle especially when I'm on vacation traveling when I'd like to have more room for luggage and other stuff than worrying about my bike... Anyway, how much did it cost you? How do you install it? Sorry too many questions. Just trying to figure out if a roof rack is better than a rear rack.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
looks really clean so far man, i like it. must be a big difference coming from that f150 hehe

Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by calrose rice
Yeah, I ride street and park mostly. Can do a bit of flatland myself lol. I can do 900 big spins... At least I think that's what they are called...? When you stand on one rear peg and spin around as much as possible.

I've been tossing the bike in the back for awhile, but it's kind of a hassle especially when I'm on vacation traveling when I'd like to have more room for luggage and other stuff than worrying about my bike... Anyway, how much did it cost you? How do you install it? Sorry too many questions. Just trying to figure out if a roof rack is better than a rear rack.
i bought it used for $400 on craigslist which came with everything you see that i have *feet, bars, locks, bike mount, fairing*, i then bought the fit kit for this car which was another $80, installing is easy, comes with little directions, you pretty much take some measurements and it hooks above your door and pinches between the fit kits rubber padding that keeps it in place :>

the fairing is a must, without it the rack whistles like old windows of a house on a windy day, with the fairing no whistle, BUT with the fairing and a bike on it will whistle lol

Quick Reply: My Fit Progression Silver Storm