2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt On's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Bolt On's?

what kind of power could you expect out of bolt on parts for a Ge8? what kind of parts? i'm not ready to pull the motor out of my 2011 fit to get more power. but it could use some added ponys. i'm thinking intake, exhaust, chip,? any info will help. thanks.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
O_o?

I think you bought the wrong car.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Every tenth person to join this forum asks..."what can I do for more power".
You are going to get some mild flaming and "DUH you bought the wrong car" (see above post lol)

But honestly. there isnt really a whole lot bolt on-wise for our cars. not to get you any real gains any way. search around though. this issue has been beaten to death about 2348379574 times. SEARCH button is your friend.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
There is no such thing as a chip for our cars. If you want to tune it you need a piggyback ECU. Which to really keep the power gains you may get from bolt on's you will need the piggyback to keep the ECU from pretty much nullifying your bolt on's. An intake does increase response and pick up a noticeable amount (for me at least). However after a couple of days it feels normal and I have to unplug the battery for about 30 minutes and put it back to get it back. That's about all the experience I have on it.

Don't expect insane power gain numbers, but also don't get down because a little is a lot when you only have about 100 hp to begin with.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
For the fit, as far as performance upgrades, one of the best/easiest things you can do is lighten the vehicle; replace the wheels & tires with a lighter set... or... for some... go on a diet

Performance is about power/weight ratio. There are few power upgrades for the fit so that means the performance needs to come from weight savings.

~SB

Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thengst11
what kind of power could you expect out of bolt on parts for a Ge8? what kind of parts? i'm not ready to pull the motor out of my 2011 fit to get more power. but it could use some added ponys. i'm thinking intake, exhaust, chip,? any info will help. thanks.

The only 'bolt-on' power increasing device is a supercharger or turbocharger. None of the ones you mention offer more than a couple hp and some negative hp. And the forced induction 'devices' will have a definite affect on your reliability and mpg.
Spend your money on better wheels and tires instead.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
There is no such thing as a chip for our cars. If you want to tune it you need a piggyback ECU. Which to really keep the power gains you may get from bolt on's you will need the piggyback to keep the ECU from pretty much nullifying your bolt on's. An intake does increase response and pick up a noticeable amount (for me at least). However after a couple of days it feels normal and I have to unplug the battery for about 30 minutes and put it back to get it back. That's about all the experience I have on it.

Don't expect insane power gain numbers, but also don't get down because a little is a lot when you only have about 100 hp to begin with.

why do you have to unplug the battery? is that what the piggyback ECU fixes? well good thing i bought the car for the MPG's not the speed huh? hahaha. just thought it would be nice to have the extra pep. i'm thinking WRX or mazdaspeed maybe? lol

Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
why do you have to unplug the battery? is that what the piggyback ECU fixes? well good thing i bought the car for the MPG's not the speed huh? hahaha. just thought it would be nice to have the extra pep. i'm thinking WRX or mazdaspeed maybe? lol
He has to reset the ECU to realize the gains. The ECU learns that there is an intake(analyzing the air intake temp, etc...) and adjusts itself over time for fuel economy. That cuts down on the power. Pulling the plug on the ECU resets it back to the default and the benefit of the intake is again realized.

~SB

Old 07-22-2011, 11:45 PM
The best is to keep the Fit as your unmodified gas sipping versatile and reliable daily driver and to pickup a Ferrari F430 as your fun vehicle.

BTW, do keep the traction control engaged on your F430 when you first get it otherwise you are in for some surprises until you learn to drive it.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
specboy was right, the ecu learns and nullifies any and all gains eventually. The piggyback would keep it from applying what it learns.

Now for a short rant:
As for everyone talking about "the fit is NOT a speed car" and "don't wast your money that car will never be fast" it isn't straight line fast, no but come run some curves with me. A fit hits curves better than most of the cars i've driven.... The L15 has potential as many people have proven. It takes more than some simple bolt ons and a "Chip" as everyone wants an easy. Lyons is a prime example, he wants to see what it can do so he's biting the bullet and making it happen even though a lot of people are saying "Don't waste your time". I think eventually he will get it just right and it'll effing sick and a few people will have their foot in their mouths.
end of rant.

And Paul the F430 is damn near impossible to control with out the TC on. They proven that countless times. It's just another one of those play toy cars that has ungodly numbers just for the hell of it, but is so impractical as a transportation vehicle that is not even funny.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
The only 'bolt-on' power increasing device is a supercharger or turbocharger. None of the ones you mention offer more than a couple hp and some negative hp. And the forced induction 'devices' will have a definite affect on your reliability and mpg.
Spend your money on better wheels and tires instead.
If you get lighter wheels and tire and that's not enough of a performance increase boost is the best bet... You easily lose 4 MPG with just 5PSI and twice the boost over 9 MPG.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Get a k motor

Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Swap your motor out and drop a k motor in it

Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
engine swap or forced induction. bolt ons are a waste of money on this engine

Old 07-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
engine swap or forced induction. bolt ons are a waste of money on this engine
Engine swap

Old 07-26-2011, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
An intake makes the car more fun aurally, and in response. Sometimes I really feel it pull a bit more than stock, but that is probably just when the ecu thinks it's not there, such as when I do a lot of mild driving. 93 octane helps too, but all the fuel this summer is so crappy around where I live, it depends on where I get it more than anything. I will say - some fill ups have resulted in a more peppy engine. I know this has been argued to death also.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 AM
You guys crack me up. I love reading the responses to threads like this.

Helpful tip, turn off the a/c, that easily adds 50 HP.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
blah.. just keep it stock unless you want to enjoy the tone. i know the stock GE sounds like a vaccuum cleaner when pushed so it could be a worthy dress up mod in that respect...

as far as power... go forced induction if you are serious. (even so not too fast.. )

Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
The KWSC High Boost Kit, header and large diameter exhaust system with light weight wheels is pretty damned fast... Hot weather slows it down some but water/methanol mixed 50 50 will cure that problem and more I've been told.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The KWSC High Boost Kit, header and large diameter exhaust system with light weight wheels is pretty damned fast... Hot weather slows it down some but water/methanol mixed 50 50 will cure that problem and more I've been told.

The zex nitrous system is pretty tempting right now... And not too expensive.

Quick Reply: Bolt On's?