2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parking lot dweebs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:39 AM
parking lot dweebs...

Let me preface this by saying...

I'm absolutely anal about my vehicles in keeping up with maintenance, checking them over
and parking where I will not get dinged. Heck, I'm the lone vehicle you will see in the outer
reaches of the WalMart parking lots.

I wash my Fit this morning... discover on the drivers side a vertical line
on the drivers door and a nick in the body side molding such that the black
surface underneath is visible.

Where this happened I don't know but I"m pissed.

Might have been at work but we are a small company and know each other for a long time.
If it was one of you... I'm even more pissed and will conveniently "forget" about cutting your
next pay check.

If it was someone who parked beside me in the outer reaches at Walmart or somewhere
else... WTF is up with you? I'm parking here to avoid this kind of crap you idiot.

I know it was not where I live... I rent 2 carport parking spots. The two spots are enclosed
by steel roof support beams on either side of the two spots and I park in the middle. No room
for any other vehicle.

I used some Meguir's Quick Detailer on the horizontal line... seemed to take the worst of it out.
I'm going to need a match stick or toothpick to fix the body side molding with my touch-up paint.

In any case... did I mention I'm pissed?

To the moron that did this... ...you suck!

I know... relax and let it go. Stuff happens and it is a daily driver.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paul56
Let me preface this by saying...

I'm absolutely anal about my vehicles in keeping up with maintenance, checking them over and parking where I will not get dinged. Heck, I'm the lone vehicle you will see in the outer reaches of the WalMart parking lots.

I wash my Fit this morning... discover on the drivers side a vertical line
on the drivers door and a nick in the body side molding such that the black
surface underneath is visible.

Where this happened I don't know but I"m pissed.

Might have been at work but we are a small company and know each other for a long time. If it was one of you... I'm even more pissed and will conveniently "forget" about cutting your next pay check.

If it was someone who parked beside me in the outer reaches at Walmart or somewhere else... WTF is up with you? I'm parking here to avoid this kind of crap you idiot.

I know it was not where I live... I rent 2 carport parking spots. The two spots are enclosed by steel roof support beams on either side of the two spots and I park in the middle. No room for any other vehicle.

I used some Meguir's Quick Detailer on the horizontal line... seemed to take the worst of it out. I'm going to need a match stick or toothpick to fix the body side molding with my touch-up paint.

In any case... did I mention I'm pissed?

To the moron that did this... ...you suck!

I know... relax and let it go. Stuff happens and it is a daily driver.
I feel your pain. Mine (an 09) experienced its first ding a couple weeks ago. I have to squint in exactly the right lighting to see it, but I know it's there. Death to parking lot dweebs.

OK I had the bumper cover replaced twice already.
Death to freeway-tailgaters and brick-mailboxes.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
I hear ya, the first day I had my new honda element. I parked in a fred meyer parking spot, and some A hole opened the door so hard on my element that it creased the plastic body. I feel your pain!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Oh, the life of a daily driver. Battle scars even if not glorious ones lol

I used to be anal about scratches but have given up a long time ago. A car is a tool and meant to be used.

Despite these opinions of mine, ding my car in front of me and i'll still kick you in the head on principle.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
I have only one noticeable dent in my car, right dead center of the drivers door.... I begged my wife to park on the flat part of the parking lot to the side of the building or in back by the auto service parking... She told me that she knew where to park and to stop telling her what to do... She came home with what looked like a ball peen hammer had been used on it and never has been straight up about where she parked.... I wish to hell I could figure out why women and teenagers are messed up that way... Her Forester is 2 years old, is in pristine condition and she is told by the mechanics at the dealership that it looks better than some of the new cars on their lot and she drives it back and forth to work at Walmart 4 days a week.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Tex, it boils down to... the Forrester is HERS and the Fit is crap (according to her).

As for dents and what not... I got pissed when this person in her CRV bumped into me at a stop light, creating a stretch mark where I assume the license plate bolt would've hit, and imprinting the name of the dealership where she got it! Luckily the imprint rubbed right out. I put a pair of bandaids on the stretch mark (for shits and giggles).

I hate dents, dings, scratches and all that... yet I put the two biggest dents myself. One filled 52 oz Bubba Keg to the front hood... and a foot to the rear hatch. "sigh"

Old 07-15-2011, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
I usually park way out for the same reason. Also to avoid backing out from between 2 suv's. But a few years ago I came out to find a shopping cart up against my car, at least 50' from anyone. Sometimes no matter what you do the trailer trash will get you.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
dings will....I still do my best to avoid it but realize in the NJ NY metro area its a fantasy...but I stil whip out the bumper bully and avoid spot just my size....pisses any passengers off but I tell them all to kiss the whole of my fat ass.....

Best way to minimize any dings is to treat it as soon as you notice it and the cleaner you keep your car, the less you'll notice them over time, except when washing it yourself

Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Ok... I'm not upset anymore.

I touched up the mark on the body side molding with
my touch-up paint and it looks reasonable.

Can I call this a mod?

Old 07-15-2011, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
the other day i was in my car, about to start it and exit a supermarket parking lot when a woman rammed my passenger side mirror with a shopping cart........ she didnt even say anything. so i put the window down and gave her the traditional new jersey greeting, "watch what you're doing you f-ing a$$hole." she didnt even react. stupid bitch.

i was amazed it didn't leave a mark.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Its amazing how few people in NJ bother to return a shopping cart into a proper spot, they just leave them all over the place. What amazes me even more is people will squeeze and box in a shopping cart left behind, so you have 4 cars, and 1 shopping cart right in the middle of those 4 cars!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 PM
i feel your pain. my wife parked her G37s far away from the rest of the cars in a parking garage. later that night she came back to a car with a nice crease in the drivers door plus spit on the window. and no she didn't double park or piss of any drivers prior to parking

Old 07-15-2011, 08:12 PM
2nd week I had my car, got dinged in the work parking lot. dumbasses

Old 07-15-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jay784
my wife parked her G37s far away from the rest of the cars in a parking garage.
That's the problem - park too far away and you're almost asking for it in a way... its often far safer to pick 2 nice cars and a nice space in between to slot into.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by neteng101
That's the problem - park too far away and you're almost asking for it in a way... its often far safer to pick 2 nice cars and a nice space in between to slot into.
Hmm, good point.

I was sitting in the Fit at the mall parking lot today just chillin'
and listening to some tunes.

I was also parked far away from the entrance with no other cars
around.

This lady in an older RAV4 pulls up and parks right beside me, but
she did leave enough space for no door incident. I had to wonder
what she was thinking with parking right beside me when basically
the parking lot was empty and I was parked nowhere near the
front entrance. <shrug>

Old 07-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Paul56
This lady in an older RAV4 pulls up and parks right beside me, but
she did leave enough space for no door incident. I had to wonder
what she was thinking with parking right beside me when basically
the parking lot was empty and I was parked nowhere near the
front entrance. <shrug>
Probably a Cougar trolling a young Fit stud for an anonymous parking lot encounter. haha

_

Old 07-17-2011, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
I will said that people are bad.If you have a nice looking car or maybe a brand new car people LOVE to hit cars with the doors.This kind of damage is one thing that a person is telling you... "Have a nice day.Nice car."Is my opinion.You will the see this scratch every day and you will feel bad about it.Really...I don't understand WHY people love to do this but for sure a good and nice person don't do this to nobody.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm a fringe parker! Many reasons. Better to walk a bit, eaiser on the car. And I go postal waiting for some fat lazy retard that will block traffic while waiting forever for someone to pull out of a spot!

Another thing I do not get. I park on the fringe and I come out and someone is parked next to me? Is this some kind of fringe parker insecurity. Maybe new to fringe parking and seeking guidance? Looking for friends? 50 empty spots and they are next to me? Really freaking weird.

So anyway, a few years ago I am on my way home from the dealer with my new Eldorado, I;m a fringe parker, but now I am an extreme fringe parker! I stop and come out of the store and there is a shopping cart up against the passenger door. Now I am an uphill fringe parker
JIm 0311

Old 07-17-2011, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jjrbus
Now I am an uphill fringe parker
Give it up. Resistance is futile - but I guess, well, let us know what the next thing that comes close is.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Someone in the SFO parking garage hit my fit within the first two months I owned it - scuffed the rear bumper down to black plastic.

I painted over it with some touch up paint. It would have been several hundred bucks to have the bumper resprayed, and for a cheapie car, it just isn't worth it. Still annoying as all hell.

My tC is so far pretty pristine, although I did notice a ding on the lower edge of the paneling behind the rear door. I can't see how anything could have hit it from the side, so it may have been a rock or something on the highway.

Quick Reply: parking lot dweebs...