2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Considering a 2010 LX - I have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 04:18 AM
Considering a 2010 LX - I have a few questions

Hi there,

I was previously shopping around for Fiesta's but a really clean 2010 Fit came up in my area and I had to give it a look. It looks great and is a good price and I had an '88 Civic years ago that treated me well so I have nothing but love for Honda.

Still I have a few questions. I was sold on the Fiesta's as they provide a more upscale, European sub compact so I want to know about upgrades:

-This LX, if it doesn't have the USB adaptor, how hard is it to add one?
- Bluetooth options. Where I live it's illegal to drive and talk on a cell phone and headsets are a pain if you forget to charge them, how good are the aftermarket bluetooth options? How much are they?
- How hard is it to add in-dash navigation unit? How expensive is it?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:58 AM
5 Year Member
All three of your questions could be answered based upon how important your third one is. An in-dash Navigation unit will Have Bluetooth and USB so that is your best solution.

If you are moderately handy, an In Dash navi isn't too bad for an install. The audio and electronics sections have a few DIYs where people have installed their own car stereos. Usually the big difference between a regular car stereo and an In-Dash Navigation is that you have to find the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) wire and "tap" into it. You also are supposed to hook up a wire to the parking brake sensor so that the Video portion of most Navigation Head Units (watching movies, etc...) won't work unless the parking brake is on. - there are work-arounds for this as well.
In General, Car stereo installs are Easy on most vehicles. - it takes me about an hour to do a stereo install but I've done a few installs. I'd allow two for a Navi Install for myself. For a first timer, I'd allow 2x that and if you consider yourself handy, allow 1.5x.

As for he USB adapter alone; here's the install instructions: Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2009-2012 Honda Fit Accessories Shipped at Discount Prices (check the 2nd one down)

As for bluetooth, I have both a Parrot minikit slim visor-mount wireless bluetooth. I also have a garmin with Bluetooth but to be honest, since I got my Droid X2 and Car dock, I don't use either as I run a stereo cable from the Phone to the OEM Head unit and use that. I also usually use the Google Navigation on my phone too.

Of note, these items shouldn't be deal-breakers when checking out a car as there are a number of solutions for both so be sure you are getting the car that suits you (and that you like the best), then add the extras. I'd still recommend the fit but the fiesta is supposedly a decent car too.

~SB