2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What DIY would you like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 PM
What DIY would you like to see?

I've been on the forums for a while now and I would like to give something back to the community. My question is what DIY would you like to see most? I have three things on my to do list before winter so here they go.

1. Parrot Bluetooth installed in a clean way ( have yet to find a quality DIY for this on any forum)

2. JDM hazard button.

3. Full interior LED conversion.

I know the last two are simple but let's be honest...we love seeing new documented DIY's with photos no matter how simple.

With that said which one would you like to see first?

Oh and one question...is it just me or is the GE8 getting the shaft on JDM OEM Honda parts? No coin holder? Come on that's the easiest way to get a little JDM on your fit!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
I vote for #1. Parrot Bluetooth installed in a clean way. I've been looking for a good Bluetooth option aside from completely replacing the head unit...

Old 10-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by nickemangione
Too be sure, that's just the 2 map lights, the dome light and the cargo light right? Nothing fancy like replacing the dashboard lights, right?

Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
Too be sure, that's just the 2 map lights, the dome light and the cargo light right? Nothing fancy like replacing the dashboard lights, right?
That's right...there is no way I'm confident enough to start soldering behind switched lol.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by flip
I vote for #1. Parrot Bluetooth installed in a clean way. I've been looking for a good Bluetooth option aside from completely replacing the head unit...
Totally agree! I think the fits factory heady unit is fine especially because it has an iPod interface built in...but I NEED bluetooth for two main reasons - I get a lot of calls and my fit is manual. This is why I believe Parrot is the best option...quick harnesses makes a plug and play harness so it should be easy, I'm sure the hardest part is finding a suitable clean OEM-like location to mount the controls.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
I thought about buying the bluetooth steering wheel controls and the map lights mic for the Insight II (the navi trim has bluetooth). but the problem is... how to wire it up to an aftermarket bluetooth module?!?

If the parrot kit support(s/ed) OEM steering controls then it could be as simple as running the new mic up to the map lights section and plugging in the controls to the OEM wires.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
I was hoping to see a K-swap!

Parrot is a good one though.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
2. JDM hazard button.
There was no specific thread title but it's been explained in a dedicated thread. ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post488116

changing the bulbs?

Oh and one question...is it just me or is the GE8 getting the shaft on JDM OEM Honda parts? No coin holder? Come on that's the easiest way to get a little JDM on your fit!
There are coin holders available for the GE8, just not available on common JDM parts websites, or ebay. The ones for the GD3's or Civics don't fit the same way. A few of us got them imported from Thailand.
here's mine:

But Thai post is expensive.

I'll probably remove 1 if not both of them when I get this below

JDM Center console front lower cover, P/N 83403-TFO-003ZA
JDM Center console front coin holder, P/N 83404-TFO-003ZA
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR

Items # 3 & 4

It's a change holder, storage compartment/bin pocket.

Although there was some instructions (thanks to FitMugen) I'd like to see a detailed step by step, showing exactly which wires to tap/add to do the JDM Auto-Folding mirror swap. Also a JDM conversion DIY, and maybe a turbo DIY for the GE8.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by FitStir
There was no specific thread title but it's been explained in a dedicated thread. ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post488116

changing the bulbs?

There are coin holders available for the GE8, just not available on common JDM parts websites, or ebay. The ones for the GD3's or Civics don't fit the same way. A few of us got them imported from Thailand.
here's mine:

But Thai post is expensive.

I'll probably remove 1 if not both of them when I get this below

JDM Center console front lower cover, P/N 83403-TFO-003ZA
JDM Center console front coin holder, P/N 83404-TFO-003ZA

It's a change holder, storage compartment/bin pocket.
lol yes changing the bulbs

i thought those coin holders that fit in the blank switch plates werent oem honda?

id love that bin for the cup holders though!

Old 10-12-2011, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
i thought those coin holders that fit in the blank switch plates werent oem honda?

id love that bin for the cup holders though!
You're right, they're not OEM Honda, but they were/are the only ones that fit correctly, and unless you look for the Honda stamp you can't tell.

The center console coin holder/front lower cover are OEM Honda, you need both parts to make it work, but both parts OEM are under $20, the shipping from Japan is another story.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:04 PM
where could i buy those parts from?

Old 10-12-2011, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Japanparts.com it makes it a lot easier if you have the Honda part #'s. It's not on their website, but if you email them they can get it for you. Last time I asked them I believe both parts were about ~$15 total, I didn't order them yet b/c I need a few other JDM Honda parts so I will order them all together, and try to save on shipping.

I also believe AJ-Racing can get them too, they're in Canada so not sure about extra tax & duties. That's where I'm going get the JDM auto-folds from, and they can get JDM Honda parts also.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Japanparts.com it makes it a lot easier if you have the Honda part #'s. It's not on their website, but if you email them they can get it for you. Last time I asked them I believe both parts were about ~$15 total, I didn't order them yet b/c I need a few other JDM Honda parts so I will order them all together, and try to save on shipping.

I also believe AJ-Racing can get them too, they're in Canada so not sure about extra tax & duties. That's where I'm going get the JDM auto-folds from, and they can get JDM Honda parts also.
ill have to call aj-racing today!

Old 10-12-2011, 09:13 PM
ok so it looks like a Parrot bluetooth DIY install is what most would like to see...i figured this because the lack of bluetooth is one gripe some have with the fit.

now i need your help on what model to buy...

1.http://http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9qfLL1RBil0/p_333CK3000E/Parrot-CK3000-Evolution.html

pros: inexpensive, small, easy to mount, clean looking
cons: no screen for caller id, not that much cheaper than better models

2.http://http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4lLHyPtDRQk/p_333CK3100B/Parrot-CK3100-Black.html

pros: backlit LCD for caller id, still not outrageously priced
cons: larger footprint, hard to find an oem-ish mounting location, 50% more than its smaller brother.

not matter what one i choose i will need this harness for a quick clean install...

QCHON-3 by Quick Connect

let me know what your opinions are...

Old 10-13-2011, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
Option 2, at least the blue screen will match the blue lit gauges and radio, and I love caller id!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
I'd go for option number two. also consider a ProClip mount for the A Pillar on the driver's side (for the display). that way you aren't messing with routing wires potentially through a hole in the dash for the display. it is also in a very handy location.

~SB

Old 10-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Ok so the ck3100 it is! I will def. investigate that proclip for mounting the display...

Old 10-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
My question is what DIY would you like to see most?
automatic bird crap returner to bird.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
automatic bird crap returner to bird.
Bahahahahahahahaha

Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Rear disc conversion would have been good to see but parrot looks good too!

Quick Reply: What DIY would you like to see?