2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 fit and weathertech all-weather mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 01:38 PM
ams
2012 fit and weathertech all-weather mats

I recently bought a 2012 Fit base, and bought the Weathertech all-weather mats. I don't know if there's any difference in the interiors of the 2012 and the 2011, but I've encountered two issues..

The rear mats just don't fit well...the ends that go under the front seats don't quite fit between the seat supports, and the sides ride up on the sides of the hump in the middle. Is this how they fit the older models, or is this a new issue?

The front mats are more confusing (at least the drivers side): my fit has a cheapo plastic "mat" that came installed on the drivers side, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to disengage these...or whether I should. Do I need to take them out and use those spots to install the weathertech hooks, or do I simply put the mats over those pins and assume that they're secure? The weathertech system is already less secure than expected (I wish there was a hole for the hooks to go through rather than just a recess for them to sit in), but I'd like to get them as secure as possible. The manual is no help, as it just gives directions for unlocking the pins to remove the OEM mats. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
A

Old 12-17-2011, 02:25 PM
lol...you have to make cuts in the carpet to install the hooks.
there's no difference between the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 floor mats.
2012 has some minor cosmetic upgrades on the exterior, the grille, bumpers, paint colors, and i think they put more insulation to make the cabin quieter,
that's the only differences.
Well, plus the sports have VSA as a standard option, and the Navi in 2012 has bluetooth.
the hooks come out, you need a screw driver to open the snap. I like the OEM all weather mats.
they Weather techs are nice, but not worth the extra $$$

Old 12-17-2011, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Hi- can't help with the rears since I have the Honda OEM all weather mats in the back. I have a 2010 fit and put the Weathertechs on top of the built-in plastic mat on the driver side. So far no problems. Can anyone verify if the 2012 is a different rug configuration than the 2010 & 2011?

Old 12-17-2011, 02:53 PM
ams
How do I take them out with the screwdriver? Is there a spot that you unscrew, or do I just pop them off?

I thought I had read that getting the weathertech's would help me avoid having to cut the carpet, but maybe that was only the digital fit liners.

snooznd, you've not had any slippage? I know that the pins that are in there fit into the recesses on the weathertech mats a little, so perhaps that's anchor enough?

Old 12-17-2011, 02:59 PM
the 2012 floor configuration is EXACTLY the same

2009-2012 Honda Fit New All Season Floor Mats Black OEM | eBay

Old 12-17-2011, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ams
sooznd, you've not had any slippage? I know that the pins that are in there fit into the recesses on the weathertech mats a little, so perhaps that's anchor enough?
It seems to be sufficient for my car. I have the digital Weathertech mats, not the regular rubber ones. Don't know it that makes a difference or not.

Last edited by sooznd; 12-17-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:58 PM
ams
That does make a difference, as the digital fit liners don't require any pins/hooks and the all-weather mats do. Thanks, though. Hopefully, someone with the all-weather mats (or someone who's had to remove their mat anchors for any reason) will chime in and offer some advice.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by ams
That does make a difference, as the digital fit liners don't require any pins/hooks and the all-weather mats do. Thanks, though. Hopefully, someone with the all-weather mats (or someone who's had to remove their mat anchors for any reason) will chime in and offer some advice.
That is what they say about the digital liners.
All are fine except the most used one, the drivers mat.
It slides all over the place,
I take it out and turn it "inside out" and back to form
and it stays for a while, and then back to sliding around again.
No response from WT since August.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't had any problems with my driver's side Weathertech digital sliding. It might be because I am fairly short and have the driver seat pushed in one of the forward most positions. also, I do not have anything under the mats. Some people were putting them on top of carpet mats which might increase slippage.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
I just ordered the digital liners for front only. My Sport has the carpet mats right now which I will take out. Any problems, I will post.

I ordered from handa-accessories.com which has free shipping on the Weathertechs.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Damn I wish I had known that. I just got a set of the fronts from Weathertech and I paid something like $18 for ground shipping. Ouch!
The carped mats are pretty pitiful. I thought they would at least have a little rubber on the bottom. Glad I got the weathertech liners, even if I did get ripped off on the shipping. Today was my first day driving with them. They seem to fit well, but I do have the gap between the mat and the door sill that others have experienced.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I did get free shipping on all my other accessories though thanks to hondapartsdeals December promo, free shipping on orders over $250.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MeTaLoFeArTh
Damn I wish I had known that. I just got a set of the fronts from Weathertech and I paid something like $18 for ground shipping. Ouch!
The carped mats are pretty pitiful. I thought they would at least have a little rubber on the bottom. Glad I got the weathertech liners, even if I did get ripped off on the shipping. Today was my first day driving with them. They seem to fit well, but I do have the gap between the mat and the door sill that others have experienced.
Haha, I know the feeling! I did have to pay about $18 shipping for the rest of my order, which was wheel locks, a sunshade, and touch-up paint. Looks like we came out about even.

Yes I could see the carpet mats are not going to cut it, even taking my shoes off to drive barefoot there is still all kinds of crud getting trapped under the mats, don't ask me how. I was reading a thread about that driver's-side gap--dang. Some have dealt with it by using double-sided tape or velcro, oir by putting something under the mats. You would think WT could do better.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
I got my Weathertech digital liners today. So far, they seem great and I am glad I got them. The dreaded "gap" is minimal for me...at least so far. I haven't actually seen them installed in the daylight yet. I kind of bent the relevant portion of the mat in the opposite direction for a couple minutes before putting it in the car.

The mats do seem a bit overpriced, and I find it kind of sad that these represent "the most advanced technology available today" (WT claims). Really?

I got the Intro-tech sunshade, and it "fits" very nicely in the huge windshield.

Last edited by afreespirit; 12-22-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Better Fitting Digital...Fit Weathertech

Originally Posted by afreespirit
Haha, I know the feeling! I did have to pay about $18 shipping for the rest of my order, which was wheel locks, a sunshade, and touch-up paint. Looks like we came out about even.

Yes I could see the carpet mats are not going to cut it, even taking my shoes off to drive barefoot there is still all kinds of crud getting trapped under the mats, don't ask me how. I was reading a thread about that driver's-side gap--dang. Some have dealt with it by using double-sided tape or velcro, oir by putting something under the mats. You would think WT could do better.
Read in another thread to use hot water to bend the sides for a closer.... Fit ( haa!). Yes it works. I used very hot tap water in the laundry tub, and held them until cold. Much better. Also I plugged the peg holes this year to keep the salty water in. No slippng with mine (08 BBP ).

Old 12-22-2011, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by INSPKR
Read in another thread to use hot water to bend the sides for a closer.... Fit ( haa!). Yes it works. I used very hot tap water in the laundry tub, and held them until cold. Much better.
That is a great tip, thanks!