2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2012 prices haven't edged down?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 12:31 PM
2012 prices haven't edged down?

So, late last year our family got a 2012 Fit Sport at a great price and an excellent finance interest rate. We like it so much that we're thinking of getting ANOTHER one.

After checking checking Edmunds and TrueCar, I was surprised to see that the prices haven't moved down (if at all) from when I bought my 2012. The 0.9% APR financing now applies to the 2012s though so I won't have to wrangle for that.

I got my 2012 when they had just got this model into the country and few were available outside of California yet. I would have thought that we'd see a little easing of the price on the 2012s by now on the assumption that inventories would have gone up.

The Fit is also supposedly facing slight "pricing" competition from vehicles like the Ford Focus and the Hyundai Elantra. Both vehicles are offering more interior features, "newer" styling and claims of better MPG. It should be noted though that their historical reliability records (for previous year models) fall behind the Fit according to Consumer Reports.

Any idea as to what's going on?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
the market has spoken.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by GVlog

what do you mean when you asked this? like why is the price still high? simple because its a honda. you expected them to reduce the price in a few months just because hyundai and others claim they have a better in class vehicle? this is the actual conversation that went down at honda.

executive #1 "hyundai came out with a new vehicle that they claim is better then the fit."

executive #2 "Hyundai? lol seriously? nobody cares about what hyundai is boasting about."

executive #1 "lol good point."

and so....the price is unchange. oh and plus its just the begining of 2012. you really think the current year vehicle is going to go onsale at the begining of the year?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GVlog
So, late last year our family got a 2012 Fit Sport at a great price and an excellent finance interest rate. We like it so much that we're thinking of getting ANOTHER one.

After checking checking Edmunds and TrueCar, I was surprised to see that the prices haven't moved down (if at all) from when I bought my 2012. The 0.9% APR financing now applies to the 2012s though so I won't have to wrangle for that.

I got my 2012 when they had just got this model into the country and few were available outside of California yet. I would have thought that we'd see a little easing of the price on the 2012s by now on the assumption that inventories would have gone up.

The Fit is also supposedly facing slight "pricing" competition from vehicles like the Ford Focus and the Hyundai Elantra. Both vehicles are offering more interior features, "newer" styling and claims of better MPG. It should be noted though that their historical reliability records (for previous year models) fall behind the Fit according to Consumer Reports.

A friend of mine ordered a 2012 Civic Si in Oct 2011 and he has just learned from the dealer that they probably won't see it til Jun 2012, if he is even lucky. There aren't many of them coming into this country lately. Fits are also in demand and now have a out the door of only a few weeks from arrival; meaning on the dealer lot, purchased, papers completed, and driven out by the new owners. The prices won't drop on these select cars, and others for a while. Then if you're looking for a Honda Fit MT, be prepared to wait much longer or buy it from another distant state.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Honda is still having supply problems with parts, and delays in production.
that's why civic and fit prices remain high

Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
The sticker may stay the same, and always goes up each year, but if you get a smart dealer, you can get one below sticker. (At least here) The fact is, the "competition" still is not as good as the Fit. Close, but no cigar.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by canuck901
Honda is still having supply problems with parts, and delays in production.
that's why civic and fit prices remain high
This is very much what I had been suspecting. Late in 2011, there was much chatter coming from Honda and Toyota that their supply chains would fully recover from the tsunami after-effects and that their inventories would soon be back up to pre-tsunami levels. I'm beginning to believe that all that was just Public Relations posturing.

The current pricing in the US and another topic on this forum which mentioned of Chinese-assembled Fits being sold in Canada are two indicators that the Japanese factories have not yet reached the output levels they were at prior to March 11, 2011.