2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Subwoofer Boxes Custom Made for the GE8 Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Not bad looking. If I can make a suggestion. Having the Sub on the other side of the car would allow you to utilize the 60/40 split better. Since the sub is smaller than the "40" side, it makes sense to put it behind the passenger side so you can drop down the driver's seat to maximize cargo space.

Also may want to look at using some of the shallow subs so the box isn't so tall. Might be able to drop that 6" height down to 4"

~SB

Old 02-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by TFB Designs
We discussed several designs before coming up with this and decided this type of box would be best for retaining cargo space. As for amp space if you run one sub like this he can cut an area out to mount the amp inside the other side of the box. We can provide an acryllic panel to cover the opening and seal your amp inside the box. We can provide a custom decal for the acryllic panel to customize to your liking.
This is such a sick looking box. Would love to see how it looked with a pic with the amp installed. Love that your relatively close too, spend a lot of time in the San Jose area.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Why not replace the OE floorboard altogether? Drop the sub into the area of the compact spare. I mean position it so it sits a mere inch above the spare tire retaining bolt (less if the box doesn't flex at all)... then level the box around that. Should drop the height quite significantly. Then you lift the whole thing as one unit to access the spare, instead lifting and THEN the floorboard.

Or level the box with a flat grilled cover, so the whole thing is flat.

I dunno much about subs and amp, but I figure the amps probably don't need much more room.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Will you be able to ship?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Smurf_GE
Will you be able to ship?
+1

Would love to get this over to MD...

Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Would it be possible to modify the box easily to cover both the amp and sub w/ acrylic...probably not, but worth asking.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Thanks for the suggestions! We can provide these with different specs upon request. If you want the box to be 4 inches tall, or the sub to be on the other side it will not be a problem. We do plan to offer shipping but will need to figure out how much it will be. If you would like one shipped to you please let us know your zip code and we will calculate the shipping cost.

The subwoofer pushes air so it probably would not sound as good covered in acryllic. A metal grill like the one in this picture would work well...

Old 02-23-2012, 04:03 PM
^^This is my current setup, not as versatile. Cargo space is killed by the car seat, and tall subwoofer box.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Shipped to 87120

Old 02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Any thoughts of putting a port on it?

Shipped to 21075?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I believe it is also available ported. We should have an idea on shipping costs soon, our partner is looking into it.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Here are some prices with shipping as requested:

$298 shipped to 87120
$324 shipped to 21075

We can send a PayPal request if you like. Or you can also order over the phone with credit card by calling (408)842-3251. Thanks

Old 02-25-2012, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
I was thinking something like this would be awesome for the sub in acrylic + the amp

Do you think this is possible?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
You are in a mood tonight

Old 02-26-2012, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
It's one of those HID glare headaches, always puts me in a sour mood.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
The more I come back to this thread and look at the original pics, the less i like it. especially for the price. The edges don't line up with the sides of the fit and stuff will fall on all sides and get wedged in there. also, the box will slide around a bit. The back edge also doesn't line up (shape-wise) with the back side of the fit. Looking at the Pic LowKey put up, you can see how the edge tolerance is very tight. Makes for a nicer looking setup. The OP's box wastes space around the edges. It's nicer than many DIY setups but I think for the price, it could be a little bit better designed than a rectangular box with a overhang top. $100 less and it might be worth it.

~SB

Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
The more I come back to this thread and look at the original pics, the less i like it. especially for the price. The edges don't line up with the sides of the fit and stuff will fall on all sides and get wedged in there. also, the box will slide around a bit. The back edge also doesn't line up (shape-wise) with the back side of the fit. Looking at the Pic LowKey put up, you can see how the edge tolerance is very tight. Makes for a nicer looking setup. The OP's box wastes space around the edges. It's nicer than many DIY setups but I think for the price, it could be a little bit better designed than a rectangular box with a overhang top. $100 less and it might be worth it.

~SB
Agreed. If it can be cleaned up and stepped up in its finish/options or lowered in price I might have to trade out my compact sub.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Agreed. If it can be cleaned up and stepped up in its finish/options or lowered in price I might have to trade out my compact sub.
The finish is what got to me after looking at the photos a few times. Below was my first/only attempt at a custom sub install on my integra and if i had carpeted it, I think it would be on par with the above.

The subs are Free-air and are in front of the amp. (you can see where the speaker wires go in through the center.)

~SB

Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 AM
We made this thread to show the community the custom boxes we are offering for the GE8 Fit. Cargo space is very important to a lot of Fit owners. I have seen this box in person, in fits well and there are notches on the underside of the box that lock it in so it will not move during driving. This is a good solid design, made by a professional who builds speaker boxes for a living.

If you built your own setup great, but please post your pics in another thread. This thread is for people interested in this particular box for their Fit. If you come up with something better become a sponsor of the forum and create your own thread.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
I was thinking something like this would be awesome for the sub in acrylic + the amp

Do you think this is possible?
I can't speak for everyone, but my post was simply to explore customizations for the box you posted. Is it possible or should I just consider the box as what you see is what you get?

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Boxes Custom Made for the GE8 Fit!