2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential New Fit Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
270* ramp @ 30 wouldn't even excite my wife

Old 03-02-2012, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kostar
Crazy thing is I have more head room in my FiT than I did in my '99 Pathfinder. NO LIE!
I believe ya... cause I went from a 99 Pathfinder to a Fit too!!!

Originally Posted by mkane
270* ramp @ 30 wouldn't even excite my wife
Sure... but you can still feel body roll.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Going to get roll in any street car. Keep the suspension loaded and it's not so bad.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkane
Going to get roll in any street car. Keep the suspension loaded and it's not so bad.
Again, that is true, but I wasn't too fond of the amount of roll (most likely because the Fit is the only car I consistently push on ramps). Once I put the Swifts in, it felt much better. Even more so with the tire and wheel swap.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
i handle corners and turns pretty well LOL i think if i had a real setup i'd be a menace

Old 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Excellent point. Lowered cars and our 3.5 miles of dirt driveway don't get along very well.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Excellent point. Lowered cars and our 3.5 miles of dirt driveway don't get along very well.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
FYI: i saw a GE sport on the highway this morning with "Baby On Board" signs in every window (for real, there were like 6 signs) and looked like 2 car seats in the back, so for those who were wondering about baby seats... NO FEAR @_@ FiT has you covered!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
[quote=Ryan34;1079375]Sounds like you arent too far away from a fit also. What things do you feel like your escape can do that the fit can't (just curious your thought there). .... and yes, tell us about the almost Focus; story. lol

The Escape has a 240hp V6, so things like hauling 4 bikes etc is made a lot easier by that. But it is a rarity so not a big deal. The fit will have a hitch receiver mounted for occasional bike hauling.

The Escape definitely has an advantage in the winter. It is probably the best car I've had in the winter, even including a CRV. Unstoppable AWD V6....goes through anything....16 inches of snow in a N. Michigan blizzard was nothing.

But....it is also really good at getting under 20mpg mixed driving, and really good at spending time in the dealership getting various items fixed...transmission, driveshaft, axle seals, etc etc etc

The Focus story is an interesting one...I posted a thread on this website actually. I bought one and within 5 days had my Escape back (thank goodness they didn't sell it) after the Focus crapped out and nobody could figure out what was wrong with it. The car was dead...and just wouldn't be fixed. I liked the Focus but now twice bitten on Ford (plus the Escape is not exactly a pillar of reliability). My dealer was awesome and I will buy the Fit from his Honda franchise.

Why wait? Wait for better deals - nothing decent in Canada right now - and build equity. Again, Fords do not match Honda for resale value!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
I agree with you about the seats. Especially the part of keeping them clean.

Clazzio's
will take care of the seats. They have padding that make the seats feel great and give the interior an upgraded look.

They are also super easy to clean. Wipe with damp towel and done.

These are nice.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 AM
I've had my 09 Sport Nav since last summer, real gas milage is 29-33, combined, dash says 36-39...thats OK, a/c always running here in South Florida. Our 08 Odyssey Touring gets about 15mpg. Its a little under powered compared to our other vehicles. I tell all my friends its the best Golf cart I've ever bought + it has A/C. LOL

Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alltrac101
I've had my 09 Sport Nav since last summer, real gas milage is 29-33, combined, dash says 36-39...thats OK, a/c always running here in South Florida. Our 08 Odyssey Touring gets about 15mpg. Its a little under powered compared to our other vehicles. I tell all my friends its the best Golf cart I've ever bought + it has A/C. LOL
there's a bug in the data tables the ECU uses to calculate MPG. Honda has a flash for this. It should be within 1mpg of actual.

there's also a recall for lost-motion-springs in the valve train.

check out the TSB "sticky" thread at the top of the forum.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Steve244
there's a bug in the data tables the ECU uses to calculate MPG. Honda has a flash for this. It should be within 1mpg of actual.

there's also a recall for lost-motion-springs in the valve train.

check out the TSB "sticky" thread at the top of the forum.
Steve Thanks
my 09 isnt part of the lost motion spring tsb, but I'll definately call honda on the mpg issue

Old 03-07-2012, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Well...be prepared for a mental adjustment if you get the flash fix. My 2012 obviously has the AVG mpg fixed and compared to my 09 without getting it fixed, it's frustrating. Ok, I suppose my 09 was lying to me, sure. But I liked it! LOL! It wasn't lying THAT much anyway! From what I can tell now, the avg mpg gauge now behaves quite differently- or should I say, more correctly. When you accelerate, those low numbers on the gauge pull down the avg very quickly. Now, the avg drops very easily and it's MUCH harder to get the numbers up. In 09's without the flash fix, it's super easy to hit 40mpgs avg just after filling- even higher- before the avg starts leveling out as you run through the tank. Not so with the fix. Now you struggle to make it to the upper 20's. You begin behind the gun, not ahead of it. Sure, that's an accurate, realtime reflection of what's goin on. But it's not as easy on the brain, that's for sure. I've been driving a Fit for 3 years and I got myself to mostly ignore avg gauge. But now with the 2012, I'm obsessing all over again because I can't get a smidgen over 30mpg's around town. In fact, I'm struggling to hold onto 29, usually coming in at EPA rating of 28. I have yet to hold 30mpg's longer than a fleeting moment. I can't help but feel that all the people who say the Fit delivers well above EPA are driving cars without the fix. Because ime, Honda tightened up the avg gauge so much it's actually tough to hold EPA rating. At least around town. This weekend I'm doing 300 miles on the highway. Then I'll see what happens with that.

So, if you like what your gauge reads before the fix, such as 33 or so city...don't fix what is broke. You may not like what you see.

Last edited by Shockwave199; 03-07-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I can't help but feel that all the people who say the Fit delivers well above EPA are driving cars without the fix.
Well, they claim the MPG numbers they get aren't based off the display, but what they calculate (miles driven over gallons pumped).

I'm typically in the upper 20's with the occasional visit into the low 30s with my 2010. But I do deliveries. My displayed MPG is usually off by 1 MPG... with the rare times where it's LOWER than my calculated MPG (very rare).

Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 PM
I hear ya on that, but anything above 28 is good for me + I dont keep it on mpg, i keep it on trip. The Fit is the mpg champ in the house & to top it off I got it cheap, my Hemi 1500 RAM gets 12.5, GT4 6mpg when racing, Odyssey like i said 15 & the turbo camry 17

Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
I usually keep mine on trip also... though some days, I'll cycle through the display.

But when I pump gas, I always write the ODO, trip and displayed MPG on the receipt, before resetting the trip (which resets the MPG also).

Old 03-07-2012, 06:06 PM
In the city I get, at best, 28mpg. I do love my fit a lot. Its incredibly roomy and I'm often shocked how much she can hold we she needs too.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr. Win
I'm often shocked how much she can hold we she needs too.
For some reason I pictured a pregnant woman as I read that. =.="

Old 03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, like I've said before- the Fit isn't a hybrid but it does do very well. Even at 28mpg's around town, I'm not really complaining. It's just an adjustment to the mind is all. I always keep mine set at avg mpg. The only time I see the trip miles is when I clear it at fillup, to see how much I've gotten from the tank. And I am climbing now a bit. I'm holding steady at 29.5. Warmer weather helps too. Plus my Fit is really quite new, with just under 500 miles on it. Some more break in will help a bit.

Quick Reply: Potential New Fit Owner