2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ge8 hood damaged

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:18 AM
ge8 hood damaged

So,

My dad's friend reversed into my car with a pickup.

The front hood is damaged, bumper looks okay, but the plastic parts between the hood and grill looks damaged.

I found a replacement hood online for about 260, my collision repair mechanic can probably get it a little bit cheaper and get it painted for around $300. Just my estimate, I haven't asked him for a price quote yet.

Just wondering what my options are..I've been trying to find some aftermarket cf hoods but I can only find hoods for the gd. Anybody know a website where I can find quality cf hoods at a good price?

If the difference is not too much from just getting an OEM replacement hood, I will probably just pay the difference for that and have him pay the rest.

Thanks forum.

P.S. If you would like pictures, I'll post em tomorrow or something. I gotta get to bed for class tomorrow.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by phuccer
So,

My dad's friend reversed into my car with a pickup.

The front hood is damaged, bumper looks okay, but the plastic parts between the hood and grill looks damaged.

I found a replacement hood online for about 260, my collision repair mechanic can probably get it a little bit cheaper and get it painted for around $300. Just my estimate, I haven't asked him for a price quote yet.

Just wondering what my options are..I've been trying to find some aftermarket cf hoods but I can only find hoods for the gd. Anybody know a website where I can find quality cf hoods at a good price?

If the difference is not too much from just getting an OEM replacement hood, I will probably just pay the difference for that and have him pay the rest.

Thanks forum.

P.S. If you would like pictures, I'll post em tomorrow or something. I gotta get to bed for class tomorrow.
Ouch, hurts to hear that ..! Care to share pictures?

Anyways, Google and eBay's your best friend
I've found a couple on eBay;
This one is not cf, New Hood Front Panel Primered Honda Fit 2009 Auto Parts Car 60100TK6305ZZ | eBay
Cf hoods are much more expensive .. but looks nice, VIS 09-10 Honda Fit Carbon Fiber Hood OEM | eBay

There are many more out there, no doubt, but that's what i've found so far for you. Hope you'll be able to sort out a new hood and if damage is quite severe, a new grille and front bumper too.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
You say plastic parts broken as well. Sounds like an insurance claim if the friend is insured or out of his pocket otherwise. You have damaged more than just the hood and it will not likely be something you can repair.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by LeAJazz
Ouch, hurts to hear that ..! Care to share pictures?

Anyways, Google and eBay's your best friend
I've found a couple on eBay;
This one is not cf, New Hood Front Panel Primered Honda Fit 2009 Auto Parts Car 60100TK6305ZZ | eBay
Cf hoods are much more expensive .. but looks nice, VIS 09-10 Honda Fit Carbon Fiber Hood OEM | eBay

There are many more out there, no doubt, but that's what i've found so far for you. Hope you'll be able to sort out a new hood and if damage is quite severe, a new grille and front bumper too.

Thanks for the reply!

And yeah, the cf hood is quite expensive. A pretty big difference between oem and aftermarket. I'm not sure if I can afford the difference so I might just replace with OEM.

I'm not sure exactly what plastic part is broken underneath the hood. The hood is dented in and I can't pop the hood to check. Hopefully The plastic is just part of the grill but it doesn't look like it is.

x.x

I'll post pictures as soon as I can. I have a midterm today and tomorrow so I need to study. But they will be up by tomorrow or so.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:55 PM
another option is.... you can buy my hood pm me if your interested. i have a Taffy white.

oh by the way. if the VIS hood is for the JDM model it's not going to work for you. just FYI.

also that ebay seller charges in AU not US dollars. im not even going to mention the shipping he listed.

Last edited by Cocowheat; 02-28-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:34 PM
The VIS hood is from the US, but because i'm from Australia and viewing it on ebay australia the price is quoted in AUD but price stated is USD$675 with free shipping to anywhere is the US.. But extra charges apply to international countries. I've searched again on eBay (worldwide/US) and found this one. 09-10 HONDA FIT VIS JS CARBON FIBER HOOD ! nEW | eBay

Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 PM
The VIS hood is from the US, but because i'm from Australia and viewing it on ebay australia the price is quoted in AUD but price stated is USD$675 with free shipping to anywhere is the US.. But extra charges apply to international countries. I've searched again on eBay (worldwide/US) and found this one. 09-10 HONDA FIT VIS JS CARBON FIBER HOOD ! nEW | eBay
HI AUSTRALIA! lol, but anyways, i have JDP's vented carbon hood. wasn't nowhere near that ass rape. maybe because there was no namebrand mark up.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
HI AUSTRALIA! lol, but anyways, i have JDP's vented carbon hood. wasn't nowhere near that ass rape. maybe because there was no namebrand mark up.
Hahah hey! How much did JDP quote for the carbon hood? Mainly asking on behalf of phuccer. Here's the website for reference phuccer , JDP Engineering :: Products -- "Design & Innovation with Precision"

Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Hahah hey! How much did JDP quote for the carbon hood? Mainly asking on behalf of phuccer. Here's the website for reference phuccer , JDP Engineering :: Products -- "Design & Innovation with Precision"
i believe the none vented hood is 400 (but don't quote me on that) i know for sure though that the vented hood is 425

Old 02-29-2012, 02:55 AM
another option is.... you can buy my hood pm me if your interested. i have a Taffy white.

oh by the way. if the VIS hood is for the JDM model it's not going to work for you. just FYI.

also that ebay seller charges in AU not US dollars. im not even going to mention the shipping he listed.
I'll give you a PM soon. I also have a TW ge. I'm going to see how much JDP is selling their hoods for first haha.

i believe the none vented hood is 400 (but don't quote me on that) i know for sure though that the vented hood is 425
Thanks for showing me that! I was looking for that thread but couldn't remember where it was haha

Old 03-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Have you found a replacement hood for your car yet?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Have you found a replacement hood for your car yet?
I have not, it's been a crazy week for me with school and everything. I'm still debating wether I should get a CF hood or just an OEM hood.

I'm about to upload pics now.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Name:  IMG_0034.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0033.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  49.6 KB

Old 03-06-2012, 02:04 AM
seriously. you can buy my hood. wouldn't even need to paint it. its already taffy white

oh also by the looks of it. you'll also need the radiator plate that sits on top of your grille

Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 AM
seriously. you can buy my hood. wouldn't even need to paint it. its already taffy white

oh also by the looks of it. you'll also need the radiator plate that sits on top of your grille
How much shipped to 91755? PM me.

Also, I figured that I would need to replace the radiator plate (didn't know what it was called until now). I knew the plastic was bent and broken, but atm I can't pop the hood lol

Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Hopefully your hood latch isn't damaged too. Best bet to pop the hood is probably to try to bend the dented part back up somehow..