2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know a good website to order some decent looking window visors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Anyone know a good website to order some decent looking window visors?

Just bought a 2012 honda fit sport a few weeks ago and I was just wondering if anyone knew any good sites where i can get a good deal on some decent looking window visors other than the oem ones? I've seen the Mugen ones online and those are ridiculously overpriced.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:16 AM
ebay have loads of window visors for our car. there are many that are mugen and oem styled and tbh, you can barely see the difference from pictures between real and those 'styled visors', but theres just the question of product quality.. How much are you seeing the mugen visors for? Cheapest i've seen is $236 + postage to the US.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by LeAJazz
ebay have loads of window visors for our car. there are many that are mugen and oem styled and tbh, you can barely see the difference from pictures between real and those 'styled visors', but theres just the question of product quality.. How much are you seeing the mugen visors for? Cheapest i've seen is $236 + postage to the US.
Yeah i was checking out ebay earlier and there are quite a few different choices. Have no idea which ones are quality products though. As for the mugen visors, i saw them for 168.99 on passwordjdm.com. The mugen visors look pretty cool and I am considering getting those in the future if i can't find any good looking quality visors for $100 dollars or less.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:24 AM
The ones on passwordjdm are for GD fits though aren't they? The part # for the 8-11 fit is 72400-XLF-K0S0 according to jdmconcept but the code on passwordjdm is 72400-XLB-K0S0 for 07+ fits ..

Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 AM
You guys should check amazon, that's where I got mine and the price wasn't that high.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
The OEM Honda ones (not Mugen) are $53. Check Bernardi Parts, or College Hill Honda. There might be some coupons for fitfreak members with these guys too. I highly recommend the OEM ones.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by hayden
The OEM Honda ones (not Mugen) are $53. Check Bernardi Parts, or College Hill Honda. There might be some coupons for fitfreak members with these guys too. I highly recommend the OEM ones.
+1

My wife got me the OEM ones from Bernardi for Xmas. They are not just simple stick on ones, and actually have clips that hold them on.

The install was quite a project, but they look good IMO.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by chriscurtain420
Just bought a 2012 honda fit sport a few weeks ago and I was just wondering if anyone knew any good sites where i can get a good deal on some decent looking window visors other than the oem ones? I've seen the Mugen ones online and those are ridiculously overpriced.
If you wind up buying either the OEM Honda or Mugen visors that install with clips (I recommend them over the tape-only cheapies), the instructions tell you to stick the visors onto the window frames first, then install the clips. Wrong. Install the clips onto the visors first and swivel the clips to point away from the edge of the window frame. Once the visors are correctly positioned and held in place with the tape, then use small needle nose pliers to rotate the clips to fit over the window edge. This will prevent losing clips and their mounting pins (tiny) if you drop them. If you install on an asphalt surface, park the car on a light colored tarp so that you can find any dropped tiny black pins & clips.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Triskelion
If you wind up buying either the OEM Honda or Mugen visors that install with clips (I recommend them over the tape-only cheapies), the instructions tell you to stick the visors onto the window frames first, then install the clips. Wrong. Install the clips onto the visors first and swivel the clips to point away from the edge of the window frame. Once the visors are correctly positioned and held in place with the tape, then use small needle nose pliers to rotate the clips to fit over the window edge. This will prevent losing clips and their mounting pins (tiny) if you drop them. If you install on an asphalt surface, park the car on a light colored tarp so that you can find any dropped tiny black pins & clips.
I completely agree with you, I lost one of my pins and now I'm driving around with one my pins missingand Honda doesn't have the pins. Actually they do but they are to big Now I need to find some extra pins from some body.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Yummy Flaquito
I completely agree with you, I lost one of my pins and now I'm driving around with one my pins missingand Honda doesn't have the pins. Actually they do but they are to big Now I need to find some extra pins from some body.
College Hills Honda will sell you another complete kit of clips and pins (at least they did that for me a few years ago when I lost some of the parts on asphalt in installing the OEM visors on my GE). I don't remember the price, but it was considerably less than the price of a new set of visors.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Triskelion
College Hills Honda will sell you another complete kit of clips and pins (at least they did that for me a few years ago when I lost some of the parts on asphalt in installing the OEM visors on my GE). I don't remember the price, but it was considerably less than the price of a new set of visors.
Thanks for the help! I'll get in touch with them ASAP!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
09-11 Honda Fit Mugen Window Rain Guard Visors (Tinted) | eBay

The exact ones I have, they do have clips 2 per visor front and rear and the 3M tape on these is not the cheap stuff most of the knockoff ones use. Best ones for the price IMO.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Fit4Spl
09-11 Honda Fit Mugen Window Rain Guard Visors (Tinted) | eBay

The exact ones I have, they do have clips 2 per visor front and rear and the 3M tape on these is not the cheap stuff most of the knockoff ones use. Best ones for the price IMO.
How long have you had those visors for? and do you recommend those over the oem ones?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
About 4 months, and I love them. I personally hate the OEM US looks, so those were not even a choice for me.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
I got mine off Ebay. $64 to get to Canada from who knows where now.

I have had then on for almost two years and still well stuck with only tape

Name:  003-12.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  34.2 KB