2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo Cover Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Cargo Cover Installed

My cargo cover arrived today. Simple and quick install. Not much to the cargo cover, so I can see why folks won't drop $120+ for the cover. I like it because, it finishes the cargo area nicely. If need be, it will be a breeze to remove.

A quick tip about installing the clips. Slide the clips down the most you can, which can be tricky because the clips are very tight. Do not try to push them straight down. Push one side down at an angle until the clip moves all the way down and then do the same for the other side. That worked like a treat. If you try to push down from the top, they will be very difficult to install.

I picked the cover up from Earnhardt Honda in Arizona. It was $120 shipped (best price I could find with shipping). Part number for 2012 is 08U35-TK6-111.

A couple of pics of the cover. One with the seats back. If the seats are all the way up, there's a gap. If the seats are all the way back, very little to no gap. I have tints, so either way nothing can really be seen in the back.

Name:  P1000731.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  57.5 KB
Name:  P1000729.jpg
Views: 2167
Size:  93.9 KB

Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Cool, glad your cargo cover finally arrived and that the clips didn't give you any issues! Looking good!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you my friend. The clips were interesting indeed. I'm definitely pleased with the cover. Thanks for your opinion of the cover and help!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pix, looks nice! I also like the cargo liner. Still undecided about getting either of these, but they look really good.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM
My pleasure! I know the cover is expensive but I really don't have any regrets in purchasing one. I also think it finishes off the interior well and it gives great privacy for storage as well as a handy shelf for little items any backseat passengers may want to stow.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks!

Thanks for posting this! I'm wrangling with the thought of getting the cargo cover for my 2011 Fit Sport, but parting with the cash is an issue for me. It's about $230 here on Kauai. Shipping kills us on this rock!!

The gap between the seats in the up position and the forward cover's edge is for the ventilation. When the vent is in the "open/fresh air" mode; the air is pushed though the compartment, past the "gap" and vents out the exit port vent just below the lift-gate door.

By the way, I didn't know the Fit could come with leather seats. An option, I guess? Nice!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wailua.Mark
The gap between the seats in the up position and the forward cover's edge is for the ventilation. When the vent is in the "open/fresh air" mode; the air is pushed though the compartment, past the "gap" and vents out the exit port vent just below the lift-gate door.

By the way, I didn't know the Fit could come with leather seats. An option, I guess? Nice!
Wow! Great information. I didn't know this about the gap. Welcome to the FF.

The seats are actually Clazzio full PVC covers (inserts are perforated)), but everyone who sees them says the same thing. They look OEM and like leather. Clazzio also makes them with a perforated leather insert.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Wow! Great information. I didn't know this about the gap. Welcome to the FF.

The seats are actually Clazzio full PVC covers (inserts are perforated)), but everyone who sees them says the same thing. They look OEM and like leather. Clazzio also makes them with a perforated leather insert.
Yea, you had me thinking you got leather seats as well with those Clazzio's. Nice little mod.

The cargo GAP is news to me as well but really I never would have even noticed the gap if not for the talk about it here on FF. With the seats in the recline mode it's not a concern to me at all.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
No, the gap is because the OP has seat covers.

On the back of the seat, there are holes that can screw parts used to button a cloth that covers the gap.

While the vents are indeed in the spot under the hatch, the cargo cover does not seal the cargo area enough to block it. Air will flow around the cargo cover along all the edges.

Edit: at least thats how it was prior to 2012. I think they left it off because not everyone was happy about the cloth part.

Last edited by Goobers; 03-14-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Undecided about the cargo cover too. Not the bucks. It's those times when I need full access with the seats down/taller items and all. Cargo cover seems in the way and I don't want to deal with it really. I like it, but I wouldn't like it every time I had to deal with it in the way of cargo. I'll probably wind up getting the cargo floor tray and the rear bumper applique- two good practical things to have as well.

The seats are awesome. I've not done that one because of the money for sure. That's not a small investment. But it sure looks sweet!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
No, the gap is because the OP has seat covers.

On the back of the seat, there are holes that can screw parts used to button a cloth that covers the gap.
Goobers, The Honda part number for 2012 doesn't have the cloth attachment like previous part number. Even if it did come with it, I wouldn't install it.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, I added that as an edit.

Plenty of other people complained about it. Mostly about the installation and a few about it being "unnecessary."

Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Undecided about the cargo cover too. Not the bucks. It's those times when I need full access with the seats down/taller items and all. Cargo cover seems in the way and I don't want to deal with it really. I like it, but I wouldn't like it every time I had to deal with it in the way of cargo.
I hear you.

It is super easy to remove. Maybe a minute to remove it and store it, but if you're always hauling tall items constantly maybe not so practical.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, I added that as an edit.

Plenty of other people complained about it. Mostly about the installation and a few about it being "unnecessary."
Thanks for the update on the ventilation. I really prefer keeping the seats reclined.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
I like this a lot! Definitely adding it to my master to-do list... Also I like the cargo liner.. The only thing keeping me from jumping on the liner is that when you fold the seats down flat, there would be a lip where the back of the liner was up against the seats.. Still, I think it really cleans up the hatch area.

I love your car BTW. I had Clazzios on my old Cube, and I am definitely getting them on the Fit. I wish I could order them with teal stitching to match my paint =(

Old 03-14-2012, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ded1982
I like this a lot! Definitely adding it to my master to-do list... Also I like the cargo liner.. The only thing keeping me from jumping on the liner is that when you fold the seats down flat, there would be a lip where the back of the liner was up against the seats.. Still, I think it really cleans up the hatch area.

I love your car BTW. I had Clazzios on my old Cube, and I am definitely getting them on the Fit. I wish I could order them with teal stitching to match my paint =(
Thank you! I really like you car as well. The darker tint looks awesome!

I golf and place my bag in the back just about every weekend. The cargo tray is pliable enough the lip bends.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
The cargo tray is pliable enough the lip bends.
I want to call it cheap.

But truthfully, it wouldn't really benefit much from being thicker/firmer.

I have it also and it does its job. I forgot to close the release spout on my travel ice box, and found a puddle in the tray. Thankfully, it stayed IN the tray.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Ah! Good to know. Thanks for the info! Your car is going to inspire me into the poor house! LOL. I'm going to space out my accessory purchases so it will give me a little something to look foreword to every few months.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
I want to call it cheap.

But truthfully, it wouldn't really benefit much from being thicker/firmer.

I have it also and it does its job. I forgot to close the release spout on my travel ice box, and found a puddle in the tray. Thankfully, it stayed IN the tray.
I think that's a very good description. Not the heartiest piece in the world, but serves it's purpose.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Undecided about the cargo cover too. Not the bucks. It's those times when I need full access with the seats down/taller items and all. Cargo cover seems in the way and I don't want to deal with it really. I like it, but I wouldn't like it every time I had to deal with it in the way of cargo. I'll probably wind up getting the cargo floor tray and the rear bumper applique- two good practical things to have as well.

The seats are awesome. I've not done that one because of the money for sure. That's not a small investment. But it sure looks sweet!
My initial take was also that I didn't want to have to deal with the cover when moving large pieces of equipment with the back seats down and having it get in the way.

But then it became more of a pain when I had misc items in the back that I needed to cover with a blanket which also made it obvious one is hiding/covering something.

I kind of look at the expense as insurance against a broken window.

Quick Reply: Cargo Cover Installed