2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Scratches in rear window glass

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Scratches in rear window glass

I noticed recently that I have several very visible scratches on the rear window of my 2010 Honda Fit Sport. I would have to assume it's from scraping snow and ice in the winter. It seems strange to me that a window would scratch so easily as I have never had that happen in 21 years of driving unless I never noticed it. So I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this on their Fit or any other car??

Old 04-27-2012, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kirkuleez
I noticed recently that I have several very visible scratches on the rear window of my 2010 Honda Fit Sport. I would have to assume it's from scraping snow and ice in the winter. It seems strange to me that a window would scratch so easily as I have never had that happen in 21 years of driving unless I never noticed it. So I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this on their Fit or any other car??
You can get it polished and see if that helps. But in general glass does take on scratches and pitting here and there.

As far as snow and ice, if you use a glass treatment product (rainx is most well know, but others available that are better); this can reduce the amount of scraping you need to do, as well as be a sacrificial layer that can be replenished.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by raytseng
You can get it polished and see if that helps. But in general glass does take on scratches and pitting here and there.

As far as snow and ice, if you use a glass treatment product (rainx is most well know, but others available that are better); this can reduce the amount of scraping you need to do, as well as be a sacrificial layer that can be replenished.
Interesting, thank you!