2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Leather Seat covers

I want to put a leather seat cover on my 2010 fit sport. I don't know where i can get a cheap ones.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
I think the forum is in agreement that Clazzio seat covers are the best. They do not make an all-leather seat. Truth be told, you don't want leather. It requires some maintenance, is uncomfortable in heat, and its fairly pricey in the first place. The Clazzio covers are PVC (Vinyl). They look like leather and fit great. They run about $270.00 shipped. Feel free to ask any questions you want on this thread.

Also, you want to buy them from bean garage.

Here is a link to the Clazzio photo thread.

Here is a link to the Clazzio information thread.

Here is a picture of my seat covers, you can find more phoots in the thread I linked above

Old 06-28-2012, 04:24 PM
You can pick-up my Coverking pleather seat covers for nearly half of what they retail for new. They're more durable than leather, thicker than Clazzios, and custom hand made in the USA.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/soca...at-covers.html

Old 06-28-2012, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by boyFIT11
I want to put a leather seat cover on my 2010 fit sport. I don't know where i can get a cheap ones.
Aren't you 15 years old without a driver's license? You were asking about Driver's Ed classes on another thread? Why not ask you parents?

Old 06-28-2012, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Aren't you 15 years old without a driver's license? You were asking about Driver's Ed classes on another thread? Why not ask you parents?
No need to give him shit for just asking a simple question (although he should have searched).
As stated earlier, Clazzio's are your best bet.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
You might want leather- it is a personal preference. I got the Clazzio covers in blue with the perforated leather inserts and they are cool in Summer and breathe nicely. Not exactly cheap, but then if cheap was the goal we wouldn't be buying a late model car in the first place. Car and cover, you get what you pay for.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:47 AM
[quote=Under_Score;1110955]I think the forum is in agreement that Clazzio seat covers are the best. They do not make an all-leather seat. Truth be told, you don't want leather. It requires some maintenance, is uncomfortable in heat, and its fairly pricey in the first place. The Clazzio covers are PVC (Vinyl). They look like leather and fit great. They run about $270.00 shipped. Feel free to ask any questions you want on this thread.

John, great looking interior! Did you do the install?

Will

Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
I did. It was a bit more of a challenge than I hoped, but I think I had to put more effort into it since the stitching contrasted with the vinyl color. This made and bend or fold in the material stand out. I still recommend the seat covers though.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
No need to give him shit for just asking a simple question (although he should have searched).
As stated earlier, Clazzio's are your best bet.
don't mean to give him grief, but if you check the other threads-he doesn't follow up on posts or suggestions so kinda wonder if he is really interested.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Questions-

How wrinkled do the front seats get and how often do you readjust them to straighten them out to look good again?

Do you ignore it after a while and settle for wrinkles?

Who here has had them on for an extended period of time now and what is your observations on my questions?

Do they get mushy and more wrinkle prone in summer heat?

I've been interested, but I only see 'just installed' pics and testimonials or pics where I'm sure people took the time to make them look great before snapping the picture. I'm interested in real world day to day experiences with them, and how they look after asses have been in the seats. I'd love to get a set but it's almost 300 bucks. And nothing would annoy me more than 300 dollar bed sheets I have to keep after to look good.

Thanks all.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
The young fellow said in the dirvers ed thread he was new to the US from the Phillipines. Cultural differences, young age, and perhaps lack of familiarity with ineternet forums could all be at work here.

don't mean to give him grief, but if you check the other threads-he doesn't follow up on posts or suggestions so kinda wonder if he is really interested.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
The front seats won't really get any more wrinkled than when you first put them on. The Vinyl is only about 1/5 of the thickness of the cover, the rest is foam, which absorbs the pressure and shifting of normal use. However, they were not perfect when I put them on, I got them to an acceptable point, I don't think they look noticeably worse than leather/vinyl seats from the factory.

The seat covers don't appear to be significantly affected by temperature. My car has sat outside in 90 degree weather several times and I did not observe much of a different in the behavior of the material.

I don't think these would have any issues that you wouldn't have with actual Vinyl/leather seats. The vinyl seats in my previous car, a Buick, were stretched, loose, wrinkled and even had some primer spilled on them. Even then, people's perception of the car was that it was "nice" simply because it was silver and had "leather" seats.

There are imperfections to be found in the Clazzio seat covers, and they look especially funny around the rear headrests. Will this stop people from saying "wow" when they hop into my car? Not at all. If perfection is what you are after, then stick with what Honda gave you. If you want a more impressive interior, and you won't be bothered by the imperfections that probably only you will notice, then I say go for it.

For me, I would not have gotten these if they were not available in the Black/Ivory/Ivory combo. I love the look, and I am willing to put up with the imperfections as a result of that.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Under_Score
The front seats won't really get any more wrinkled than when you first put them on. The Vinyl is only about 1/5 of the thickness of the cover, the rest is foam, which absorbs the pressure and shifting of normal use. However, they were not perfect when I put them on, I got them to an acceptable point, I don't think they look noticeably worse than leather/vinyl seats from the factory.

The seat covers don't appear to be significantly affected by temperature. My car has sat outside in 90 degree weather several times and I did not observe much of a different in the behavior of the material.

I don't think these would have any issues that you wouldn't have with actual Vinyl/leather seats. The vinyl seats in my previous car, a Buick, were stretched, loose, wrinkled and even had some primer spilled on them. Even then, people's perception of the car was that it was "nice" simply because it was silver and had "leather" seats.

There are imperfections to be found in the Clazzio seat covers, and they look especially funny around the rear headrests. Will this stop people from saying "wow" when they hop into my car? Not at all. If perfection is what you are after, then stick with what Honda gave you. If you want a more impressive interior, and you won't be bothered by the imperfections that probably only you will notice, then I say go for it.

For me, I would not have gotten these if they were not available in the Black/Ivory/Ivory combo. I love the look, and I am willing to put up with the imperfections as a result of that.
Thanks for that- best answer I've gotten. This will me decide.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I did the catskinz I think was the brand and have loved them.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Nothing fancy? Your order is 100% fancy. Black on black on black wouldn't be fancy.
Originally Posted by Calvin_South
Email Spencer at Bean Garage first. Website suggested my order would be "In Stock" and instead, after ordering, I learned I won't see mine for 12 weeks (Gray/Gray/Gray - leather insert....nothing fancy). Bummed.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Under_Score

Agreed - good answer! I just finished my installation (Black / dark grey / blue stitching) with some minor wrinkles but nothing more than what I saw on factory leather seats in the Honda showroom. IMHO, they all look really good on my car and all the others in this forum. Clazzio and Bean's Garage rock!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Looks good, can't wait for my all black Clazzios in a few days! How long does the installation take??

Last edited by Boon0053; 08-10-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Boon0053
Looks good, can't wait for my all black Clazzios in a few days! How long does the installation take??
It is probably about 75% dependent on how fussy you are. I won a silver medal in fussiness at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, so mine took a very long time. I removed the front seats and added stuffing to a few areas under the covers to make them look fuller. I appear to be the only person to take this approach, so most people only spend about 2 hours on the install.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Look great- the grey in the Clazzios matches your center armrest, too

Old 08-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Look great- the grey in the Clazzios matches your center armrest, too
Thanks! And all this time I hadn't even noticed the arm rest was dark grey - I just thought it was light black!

Overall install time was about 3 - 4 hours.

Quick Reply: Leather Seat covers