2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Dash Mat: Yea or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Triskelion
Ooh! Watch out! If you post a dash mat photo, "Kool and the Gang" here on the forums will send out the "Fitfreak Fashion Police" to write you up an "Uncool Fit Citation". Can you possibly live with that amount of shame??????
That's not exactly fair.

I mean the title of the whole thread is Dash Mat: Yea or Nay?

Which would suggest to me the OP wants opinions positive and negative.

I "personally" think a Dash Matt looks horrific. But I respect that some climates probably make them more necessary.

I also guess some people can just like the look.

Even I won't argue that they probably offer the hands down best protection as far as UV rays and heat build up.

I "can" get away with simply protecting my dash using common UV protectant interior products. So there is no way I would consider purchasing a Dash Mat. I say Nay.

But "Cool Fit Citation" aside? If you want one? Get one.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Nay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dash mats remind me of when I was a kid, people would wrap their living room couch in transparent plastic to protect them. It protected them alright, but looked like hell.

Flea

Old 09-22-2012, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FLEALAMI
Nay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dash mats remind me of when I was a kid, people would wrap their living room couch in transparent plastic to protect them. It protected them alright, but looked like hell.

Flea
This is a good point. some people choose to protect their vehicle to no end while others just choose to enjoy it. There's no doubt that a dash mat would protect your dash from the sun but there's also no doubt that it is horrendously ugly. I choose to enjoy the car and not mar the interior (especially since It is the part of the car i look at most). Others choose to protect like the plastic on the couch.

~SB

Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...hmat-pics.html

I've been going back and forth with getting one; but to cut down on all the glare the dashboard produces.
Yes dashmats can be considered ugly, but in my mind safety comes first, I live in the sunshine state and between sunrise and noon driving east, the glare makes it impossible to drive without polaroid sunglasses. Honda engineers didn't check their product, even using white around the pillar windows, dealers make it worse by using a shine enhancement product on the dash.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Get some 303 Aerospace Protectant