2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weathertech Window Visors fit like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Weathertech Window Visors fit like crap.

The fronts are perfect. I couldn't ask for a better product. The rears on the other hand have me worried about them flying off on the highway with the windows down. They don't really fit as snug as I would like them to.

Anyone have this issue?

Old 08-16-2012, 01:39 PM
should have got Mugen

Old 08-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
or minimum the factory one....

Old 08-16-2012, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback. Sadly that doesn't help my issue at the moment.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Take some pics of the problem. Maybe we can come up with a solution?

Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
yep, picts would help greatly.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
I will most them up later tonight. The fronts fit great, but the rears are very loose in the channels.

I'm debating on returning these and purchasing ones with clips that I feel confident I won't lose them.

Last edited by pearl; 08-16-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by pearl
I will most them up later tonight. The fronts fit great, but the rears are very loose in the channels.

I'm debating on returning these and purchasing ones with clips that I feel confident I won't lose them.
I don't have your car with your new visors (obviously), but I would bet that a folded piece of thin plastic, like snipped from a milk carton or some other plastic container, could be heated with a heat gun and folded sharply to act as a spacer to hold the visors in place. A spacer might work. Replacing the badly fitting visors with either OEM or Mugen clip-mounted visors absolutely WOULD work. It's up to you- try to adapt the poorly fitting visors to be a reliable fit on your Fit, or buy new ones that are MADE for the Fit. Visors are a good thing. Visors that fall out are not.

If you buy a heat gun from Harbor Freight or some other source, you will find ways to use it again. They are a great tool.

There have been a lot of discussions about the value of WeatherTech visors on the forums. It is disappointing to find out that this otherwise reliable manufacturer has fitment problems on Fits with their visors. Thanks for your warning, and good luck in finding a good solution for your own problem. I personally have bought both the Mugen and the OEM visors for two Fits because of warnings about fitment issues from WeatherTech. I use WeatherTech front and rear digital-fit mats, but had to adapt them to fit properly. I don't feel cheated- my adaptations make them work perfectly. You should NOT have to put up with fitment problems with visors.

Last edited by Triskelion; 08-16-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 PM
There are exceptions to every rule but.....trying to save a buck just never seems to work out.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member
I out these no-names on mine with tape. Been fine for over 2 yrs.

Name:  002-8.jpg
Views: 2404
Size:  51.3 KB

Old 08-17-2012, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
There are exceptions to every rule but.....trying to save a buck just never seems to work out.
I figured this was a name brand and a good product. How bad could they really be?

I didn't even think about looking at the OEM Honda ones because I figured they would be a fortune. I called my local dealer yesterday and on Monday I will have the OEM ones for $80 bucks. Called Weather Tech this morning and will be sending these back for a refund. Hopefully next time someone in my position can do a search and this thread comes up!

I'm pretty sure I have the OEM version on my GD and they are awesome.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
I also bought the Weathertech visors for my 2012 Fit and would agree that they definitely aren't perfect.

The fronts fit well, but the bottom edge that rests on the rubber trim at the front of the window has started to rub a hole in the rubber trim on mine. I think I'm going to use some double sided tape to lift the front of the visor and attach it to the inside of the window sill to keep it from resting on the rubber at the base.

My rear set came with self adhesive tape attached which I used to attach them to the inside of the window sill. One of mine fell out the first time I rolled down the rear window. I just reattached it and left the window rolled up for a few days and it seems to be firmly attached now. I don't see how the rears would stay attached without the adhesive tape though. Did yours come with adhesive on the top edge?

-Dustin

Old 08-17-2012, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
maybe you can source some 3M VHB tape and use that instead? those are nearly permanent. i have a thin lip spoiler on the trunk lid of my G35C that's been mounting with only this stuff (no bolts). it's been on there the last 7yrs with no issue...

also make absolutely sure the surface is clean before applying.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
The Weather Tech style goes into the channel, the tape actually sticks to the inside of the channel. The person on the phone from WT told me that was a back up type tape. Lame.

Don't buy these!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
The Weather Tech style goes into the channel, the tape actually sticks to the inside of the channel. The person on the phone from WT told me that was a back up type tape. Lame.

Don't buy these!
I don't see how the rear visors would stay in place without the tape because there's nothing to hold them in there. I know mine wouldn't. The fronts don't have any tape, but they rest on the rubber trim at the front bottom of the window. I've seen pics of several other types of window visors and IMHO the Weathertech ones look the nicest, but they could definitely use a better method of installation/attachment.

-Dustin

Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 PM

Don't buy these!
I have had the Weathertech Side Window Deflectors for 12 years on my CR-V, I just turned off the main switch on the windows so passengers cannot roll the rear windows down and then I use the air conditioning, if I wanted to roll the rear windows down I would have put double back tape on them years ago, it's an easy fix

Just be glad your not double back taping them to your paint like some window deflectors.

Oh yeah, almost 13 years and over 100,000 miles and they look like they did the day I bought them. Weathertech makes a quality product.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
It's funny there seem to be zero pictures of the Weathertech visors on the fit. Probably because they are overpriced and fit like hell.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by komafit
It's funny there seem to be zero pictures of the Weathertech visors on the fit. Probably because they are overpriced and fit like hell.
I just ordered a set, we will see

Old 08-17-2012, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Post up how your rears fit! I'd love to see what you think about them. The fronts were great.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
should have got OEM
ftfy

mugen uggo

Quick Reply: Weathertech Window Visors fit like crap.