2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why are the 2nd gen fits so hated/ignored?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:49 PM
Why are the 2nd gen fits so hated/ignored?

Considering how well these cars have been selling, they are everywhere - why has the after market for the most part ignored this platform?

The first gen fits got some lovin (k swap. Flash pro. Suspension. Etc).

I prefer the interior, fit and finish far more on the second gen......

I just don't get it.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
I agree with you.

However, I am guessing that most buyers are female who aren't into modding them at all or older people who aren't into modding them at all.

The first gen, had a lot of young male buyers soooooo....

Again, those in this forum are exception to the rule as we are fit "freaks", but in general, the 2nd gen became really appealing to the demographic who simply don't mod.

IMHO.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
IMO 1st gens are a bit cheaper to mod and there's a lot more parts since they've been out in other parts of the world before we got them.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Shora
I agree with you.

However, I am guessing that most buyers are female who aren't into modding them at all or older people who aren't into modding them at all.

The first gen, had a lot of young male buyers soooooo....

Again, those in this forum are exception to the rule as we are fit "freaks", but in general, the 2nd gen became really appealing to the demographic who simply don't mod.

IMHO.
I get that to a degree. But the same could be said about eg and ek's. the people who bought them needed a cheap basic commuter car - often women and older people.

They got crazy popular with the young guys once they were like 5grand or less in price.....

I dunno. I just think the car could be so much more fun.

I wish there was more seat options. I hate them so much.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
We got suspension stuff as GD owners?

You guys realize you have support from everyone we did (as GD owners), but then add in Koni and Bilstein, two of the top shock manufacturers in the WORLD.

Flash-pro = GD is already out there. Already being modded. Has ECU tech from 2001ish, who knows what sorcery the GE ECU holds. GD has been sold in Japan from 2000 on, K-swaps were routineish over there, GE not so much.

Also, look at this website, everyone swoons over cheap/crap wheels and cheap/crap lowering springs, why bother putting R&D into highish buck stuff? To lose money?

Also, seat options? Buy seat rails/brackets and seats. Problem solved.

Don't forget about the stupid integrated manifold on the GE too.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:31 AM
I had a set of flawless recaros. I haven't seen a set that solid in years. The issue is dealing with the passenger side weight detector.

Airbag warning bypass is easy. But the seat sensor isn't. It ends up disabling the passenger side bag all together (the dash one and side curtains) of that sensor isn't in/working.

I just think it could be such a solid fun platform if there was better support.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by Nicotine
I get that to a degree. But the same could be said about eg and ek's. the people who bought them needed a cheap basic commuter car - often women and older people.

They got crazy popular with the young guys once they were like 5grand or less in price.....

I dunno. I just think the car could be so much more fun.

I wish there was more seat options. I hate them so much.
I was into "the scene" when EGs and EKs were new. There wasn't huge booklets of made-to-order affordable parts for them either at that time. If you had I/H/E and some lowering springs you were hot shit. Things were expensive, and knowledge was in it's infancy, just like they are now for the GE. There are parts available, just not a ton of people willing to spend the money on them. Besides, lots of them are still under warranty

The GE is relatively new and not a pocket rocket out of the box. When they start getting cheaper to purchase and most are out of warranty I think we'll see tinkerers start tinkering more. The GD has had, what, twelve years to amass parts availability? That's quite a long time.

Patience, things will come. I see ECU tuning for the L15A7 and bolt-in K swaps in the very near future. Even DIY guys are starting to take stabs at doing it, just need a company with the interest and bandwidth to make it easier and affordable.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:04 AM
Well it's supply and demand....that and honda engineered it as an economy car.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
Over here in NZ we dont tend to modify cars like the Fit/Jazz so much (theyre used just as daily econoboxes). We end up with a ton of jap imports, but the Jazz was also sold new here (both GD and GE).

The GD got a really bad reputation here due to the terrible CVT shudder issues, which i think has had an impact on the GE sales, despite none of them suffering the same issue. The shudder issue got to a point where dealers selling jap imports with the shudder were telling buyers that it was normal.

I love my GE8, its an amazing car. Well built, economical, fantastic engine and CVT, looks great and so practical. The GD is a great car too, but only as a manual.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
Because of the owners

Old 07-24-2013, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
men (and women).... git your pitchforks!

but seriously, with retail values on 09's still over 10grand, they're not hitting the right market demographics. so yeah, blame the owners.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:07 PM
because not racecar

Old 07-24-2013, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Because of the owners
ALWAYS this.

Originally Posted by kudakev615
because not racecar
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...20-13-4pm.html

LOLWHAT?

But seriously, the GD Fit had 5+ years over seas for parts development before coming to the US (not that even 1/2 those parts fit the US spec cars.) The FlashPro took A LOT of pushing and 5+ years to release, so MAYBE by 2014 the GE will get it's. And like mike410b said, at least you guys had TOP SHELF suspension companies develop a product for the car.

People on this forum get excited over generic coil overs. And whine if they cost more than $500.....

Old 07-24-2013, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Hasn't Hondata stated they were working on something for the GE's?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Hasn't Hondata stated they were working on something for the GE's?
Yep. Phrasing is something like "still on the development schedule." Which is actually more confirmation than the GD folks ever got Heck, I still have the GReddy Emanage Ultimate I had bought to piggy back tune my car since Hondata released the Flashpro like THE DAY AFTER I finally got my PNP harness from Boomslang.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:56 PM
I was only making a joke with the whole "because racecar" thing. Wish I would have known about that race last weekend, would have dvr'd it. But I'm honestly happy with the amount of aftermarket support we do have for the ge8. Do I wish we had more? Of course yes but it could always be worse. So I do the best I can with the little options I have.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I was also going to say that it's kinda not true that the GE gets ignored because a lot of parts coming out are for GE's and the GD parts are slowly getting discontinued. I have a GD and it's getting harder to hunt down decent parts.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
I was also going to say that it's kinda not true that the GE gets ignored because a lot of parts coming out are for GE's and the GD parts are slowly getting discontinued. I have a GD and it's getting harder to hunt down decent parts.
^ this.

Why develop new parts for a model only produced for 2 years in the US/Canada.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
ALWAYS this.

People on this forum get excited over generic coil overs. And whine if they cost more than $500.....
Miata people were going crazy over these
Raceland Honda Civic 8th Gen. Coilovers

Last edited by cjecpa; 07-24-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:54 PM
I only see Hondata and lack of aftermarket with reasonable prices as a problem so far.

Its ridiculous the prices people are paying for exhaust on these cars.

And some unique pieces, like rigid collars, are insanely priced for how they are made.

Somebody skilled in a lathe and some welding skils could probably kill the market of expensive items and start making quality reasonably priced parts

Quick Reply: Why are the 2nd gen fits so hated/ignored?