2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GE Differences

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 06:08 AM
GE Differences

Hello FF, new to the forum here. Recently got my Integra stolen so I picked up a 2013 GE () in what I still call midnight purple (but i guess its called something plum)

Have a noob question that I've been researching for past week. What are differences between GE (apart from bumpers). I understand my chassis code is GE8 but specifically wondering as far as engine/exhaust/suspension mods. I was on i think rhdjapan (forget exactly) looking up a mugen exhaust prices when i saw the GE being broken up further by years. They had a category for 09-10 and 11-12. When i selected the 11-12 the site listed no available parts. Now I'm worried that i have picked up an off year FIT. . Was hoping soms of you guys could shed some light in the matter. If im being a bigger noob and not searching properly mayb one of you guys can help point me in the right direction. I find searching for stuff differs in "technique" based on forum, lol.
Thanks Guys (and Girls)

Old 09-02-2013, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
rhdjapan name implies that it's for the RHD versions of the Fit... in short, NOT USDM.

in any case... why not check shops in the US? Oh, like 2009-2013 Honda Fit Mugen Accessories - Genuine Mugen Parts or 2009-2010 Honda Fit Sport Exterior Mugen Accessories - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

While Bernadi doesn't list the Mugen muffler for 2011-2012, College Hills shows the SAME part number for 2009-2013 Fits.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:28 AM
. Wasn't sure if the years they added was just the website not updating yet. But i see the part numbers. I don't know why i never compared before. I didnt think rhdjapan would be much different for certain mods, but come to think of it, isnt our chassis longer than theirs. Just new to the fit mod scene. Have wasted money in past on other cars due to ignorance on the vehicles specific year, motor, and trim. Thank you for the direction Goobers

Old 09-02-2013, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
It's just a facelift for 12-13. Front bumper, grill, fogs. Even the headlights are the same size (different color, so there's a different part number). In 11 they started coming standard w VSA (gov't mandate) and I believe in 12 or 13 they started adding steering wheel audio controls to the sport model. Other than that, just treat it like a 97 integra vs a 98 integra.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by jnesselroad
It's just a facelift for 12-13. Front bumper, grill, fogs. Even the headlights are the same size (different color, so there's a different part number). In 11 they started coming standard w VSA (gov't mandate) and I believe in 12 or 13 they started adding steering wheel audio controls to the sport model. Other than that, just treat it like a 97 integra vs a 98 integra.
LOL for sure. time to cure the mod bug then

Old 09-02-2013, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Other than LHD vs RHD, the usdm chassis is largely the same as other countries except for the added/lengthened front and rear crash bars. In the rear, you can simply unbolt the rear crash bar and remove it to fit jdm bumpers on. The front is a whole other story though. You need the JDM fenders, headlights, hood, crash bar, radiator mounts, not to mention the front bumper itself. The front JDM conversion is really not worth it unless you wanna pay 7000 or so for parts and labour.

There is some extra metal bracing under the dash as well. Side skirt fender well mounts are the same for usdm vs JDM though.

In general though, the underlying frame of the usdm is the same as other countries, but with all the safety add ons I mentioned above.

Suspension I believe is also different in the rear for the ge8.

Last edited by connor55; 09-02-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Personally have never been a fan of JDM front conversions in any of my cars. Had an s13 before the DC2. I like my babies to look like they came but handle on rails >.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Only difference in the rear underpinnings for USDM vs JDM is some JDM Jazz are equipped with rear disks instead of drums, afaik the suspension is the same.

I'm not sure on the exhausts but i'd assume JDM exhausts would bolt up as long as it was for L15A7 equipped cars.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Only difference in the rear underpinnings for USDM vs JDM is some JDM Jazz are equipped with rear disks instead of drums, afaik the suspension is the same.

I'm not sure on the exhausts but i'd assume JDM exhausts would bolt up as long as it was for L15A7 equipped cars.
Saw someones post on getting a rear axle from a flooded jdm one. Looked like a nice conversion project. Why couldnt honda give us that option thered def be a market for it.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Well it would have made sense to make the Sports rear disk huh? I may have considered one if they had done so, but probably 90% of the American motoring public doesn't care about that stuff, especially those buying a budget car like the Fit. Even the Civics still use drums (except EX and Si), so maybe just another way to keep the Fit from intruding on the Civic's territory, idk.

There are rear disk conversion kits available if you're interested, no need to import a rear torsion beam. There is info on here regarding the conversion.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Well it would have made sense to make the Sports rear disk huh?

There are rear disk conversion kits available if you're interested, no need to import a rear torsion beam. There is info on here regarding the conversion.
It makes most sense. Lol!

I think my first mods would be in braking dept. before getting into debate on pads. This is the only area im disappointed with the GE. My brothers GD felt like it had more bite (on oem pads). When "zipping" through areas i dont feel confident in the brakes (in relation to comparing speed, rate of decel, and pedal pressure). I do think ill do the 97 integra type R calipers down the road for the front.

Last edited by Steiner; 09-03-2013 at 12:29 PM.