2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy a Fit base or Fit Sport, or wait for 2015??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 04:47 AM
Buy a Fit base or Fit Sport, or wait for 2015??

Being in the market for a good daily driver, I decided to go with the Fit.

I looked at the Yaris, Mazda 2, and Veloster. I chose the Fit based on the the overall design, reliability, and resale value.

This is my first time purchasing a new car. I adamantly want a white one, preferably with a black interior.

So here are my thoughts:

a. I dont care about most options. Get the base model. However I want the black interior, which is available on the Sport model only and I like the aero kit that is on the Sport one as well.

b. Get the Sport for the aforementioned reasons.

c. Wait for the 2015

Old 10-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Choos B if you mostly care about the color options and the spoiler. That way you will be visually pleased with it as well.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, get the sport or just save up and buy the 2015 cash.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Option B, personally i prefer the current model, the new one seems to be a copy of the Hyundai Accent Hatch

Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Get Sport, The price difference is not that high in my opinion, and it appears you like at least part of what the upgrade offers so it has value to you.

It doesn't seem like you are looking for anything specific that the 2015 offers, so get the current model while end of model year closeout prices are available.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Option B.

Just get no navigation if you just want the aero and interior (no frills). It's not that much more than the base anyway without the navigation.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
B Get the Sport. I just purchased one last Friday for my DD and its a sweet lil car.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
We started shopping for a Fit in 2008 before the redesign for 2009. We test-drove an '08 and really liked it. However, the car seemed primitive: no dead pedal, plain-jane styling, no VSA available. We decided to wait for the 2009 just to get a car that seemed a little sharper and one that had VSA (which only came with navi then). It seemed like a long time to wait, and we wound up having to order one because we wanted MT with navi (none available then), but when we got it it was up-to-date and, almost five years later, is still the current design.

If you look back at posts from that time period, you will find a lot of people were ambivalent about the redesign, didn't like it, hated it, bad-mouthed it, etc. Don't hear much about that anymore. Now owners of the current model are starting to look skeptically on the next one.

If you want a car that will look new for a number of years, and which will probably have a number of small improvements, hold off. I would hope that they'd make the '15 model quieter, at least.

I'd get the Sport. Not many more dollars and seems like the complete car.

Best wishes whatever you decide.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
If I was you and not in a hurry, I would wait for the 2015 model...and get a sport

Old 10-19-2013, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Get a current sport w/o nav. It's not going to get any prettier in the future.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Doesn't look bad. Just wait for the 2015 and get the more powerful engine. The styling will grow on everyone and then you'll wonder why you didn't just wait.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Must be you do not need a vehicle immediately if you can wait until next summer for the next generation. The down side on waiting is the car has not had any reviews as to performance and Honda has not always been hitting the marks on its new vehicle like the USA Civic. On the other hand it is tough getting a car when a new version is coming out especially if it improves on the previous model and you end up kicking yourself for not waiting. It is a tough decision but there should be some preproduction models released for review before the official release and the dealers should still have the GE on the lots. I would wait and get all the facts to make a good decision. Good luck.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
If you want the sport, get the sport..., but why not option a base model plus black clazzio seat covers??? Then you'll have leather like seats vs cloth. Not even the sport comes with that

Old 10-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Certainly if the sport model is worth the extra cash to you, go for it. However, these days there's not a lot of equipment differences separating the base and sport models—it's mostly cosmetic stuff:
  • Map lights
  • Tweeters and steering wheel audio controls
  • Anti-roll bar
  • Fog lights (though they are arguably more cosmetic than useful)
  • Somewhat lighter wheels
  • For A/T models, paddle shifters

I didn't think it was at all worth the extra money, at least for me. The map lights were the only thing on the list that I was very much interested in; and, to boot, I didn't really care to have a black interior, both from a temperature standpoint (stuff can get hot in the sun) and an appearance standpoint. But that's my personal opinion, not yours, so it doesn't apply to you.

If you wait for the 2015's to come out, you could decide if the new rendition is more to your liking; and if it is not, probably get a bit better deal on one of the leftover 2014's.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by DrewE
Certainly if the sport model is worth the extra cash to you, go for it. However, these days there's not a lot of equipment differences separating the base and sport models—it's mostly cosmetic stuff:
  • Map lights
  • Tweeters and steering wheel audio controls
  • Anti-roll bar
  • Fog lights (though they are arguably more cosmetic than useful)
  • Somewhat lighter wheels
  • For A/T models, paddle shifters

I didn't think it was at all worth the extra money, at least for me. The map lights were the only thing on the list that I was very much interested in; and, to boot, I didn't really care to have a black interior, both from a temperature standpoint (stuff can get hot in the sun) and an appearance standpoint. But that's my personal opinion, not yours, so it doesn't apply to you.

If you wait for the 2015's to come out, you could decide if the new rendition is more to your liking; and if it is not, probably get a bit better deal on one of the leftover 2014's.
All that is worth it.... Otherwise you'll wonder why you didn't get the sport. No one wonders why they didn't get the base.