Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Tpms needs calibration again??!! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/80342-tpms-needs-calibration-again.html)

Rabee 11-10-2013 06:00 PM

Tpms needs calibration again??!!

I have winter tires/wheels (stock one)
And summer tires/wheels too.

Each of them has its own tpms sensor.

Yesterday I put the winter setup and now the tpms light is on?!!
It is the stock sensor on stock wheels, don't the calibration setting get stored for different tpms?
Should I go to the dealer torecalibrate for the winter setup then go again when I put my summer setup too?!
Strange and lame

Steve244 11-10-2013 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rabee (Post 1210267)
I have winter tires/wheels (stock one)
And summer tires/wheels too.

Each of them has its own tpms sensor.

Yesterday I put the winter setup and now the tpms light is on?!!
It is the stock sensor on stock wheels, don't the calibration setting get stored for different tpms?
Should I go to the dealer torecalibrate for the winter setup then go again when I put my summer setup too?!
Strange and lame

It's only possible to register one set at a time. The Honda dealer is going to charge you for the service. I'd expect the tire dealer that sold you the sensors to do it for free.

Or get something like this.
Yeah it's a racket. Honda should have included a feature to learn new TPMS sensors without requiring another device. Looking at the user reviews it seems pretty typical.

Rabee 11-10-2013 06:45 PM

It is frustrating, I tell you why

You are going to end up paying the dealer twice a year for the calibration vs paying the tire shop twice a year to swap the summer and winter tires on the same rim.

The only reason I want the calibration is because I can not disable the traction control when the light is on

Is there a way I can still disable tc with the tpms light on?

patm95 11-10-2013 09:22 PM

I have noticed that there are some TPMS relearn tools on amazon that have gotten some good reviews. Perhaps someone on here could recommend one?

BraytonAK 11-11-2013 02:55 AM

I was just banging my head on the wall today because of the TPMS sensor system. I've been using the ATEQ QuickSet device (linked above) but have found it very flaky. The software used to configure the tool is sketchy. The tool took a lot of time to get working properly a few years ago. It was working fine in the spring and fall each of those years until today. Now, today, the tool seems to be feeding the car corrupted data and no amount of re-uploading data to the tool itself or upgrading the software has helped. I'm stuck with the damn flashing TPMS warning symbol. Endlessly flashing.

As useful as the system was in telling me that I had a slow leak, I had to find which tire myself and I have to use a sketchy aftermarket tool to swap rims every season. P.I.T.A., Honda. P.I.T.A.

jibberjabbs 11-11-2013 06:15 AM

This is a sucky thing Honda has done! Three things I have learned:
1. You can buy a clone HDS HIM that can do everything the dealer can do,for about $150! (Also a trgger device can speed things up)
2. If you need to disable traction control you can disconnect the VSA override button to induce an error that will disable TC and VSA. It is not instant , takes about 2 minutes for me.
3. With a HDS there is a way to trick the tpms system,if you relearn the sensors then remove them from the car before you drive it. It will continue to search for the sensors,but allow you to use the VSA button!

Hope this helps someone, also there are a few treads on here that have more details.

Sprocket 11-11-2013 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by BraytonAK (Post 1210317)
P.I.T.A., Honda. P.I.T.A.

I agree that it is a PITA.

And it's not just Honda. A neighbor's new Subaru also needs reprogramming twice a year. I don't know which mfrs are similar and I don't know if any mfrs do it better.

They work pretty hard at keeping us from doing even the simplest tasks.

Rabee 11-11-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by jibberjabbs (Post 1210325)
This is a sucky thing Honda has done! Three things I have learned:
1. You can buy a clone HDS HIM that can do everything the dealer can do,for about $150! (Also a trgger device can speed things up)
2. If you need to disable traction control you can disconnect the VSA override button to induce an error that will disable TC and VSA. It is not instant , takes about 2 minutes for me.
3. With a HDS there is a way to trick the tpms system,if you relearn the sensors then remove them from the car before you drive it. It will continue to search for the sensors,but allow you to use the VSA button!

Hope this helps someone, also there are a few treads on here that have more details.

How do I disconnect the vsa override button?

jibberjabbs 11-20-2013 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rabee (Post 1210330)
How do I disconnect the vsa override button?

Disconnect the connector on the back of the button. It is easy to get to because the panel it is mounted in can be pulled out.

Schoat333 11-20-2013 09:52 AM

This is why I went with continental DWS's. No swapping, and no TPMS headache.