2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau Forza Seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb Corbeau Forza Seat

I ordered Corbeau Forza and Buddy Club Super Low Down Seat Rails. Note using this combo you will have to buy BC adapter plates for $45:

I made my own adapter plates for $10 out of steel. For the passenger side I ordered the Corbeau vehicle specific seat rail for the GE8, so its plug and play.

PART NUMBERS
Corbeau Forza Red: 29107

Left Rail: BC08-RSBSRGE6-L

Last edited by De36; 12-07-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by De36
The stock Fit seat height is terrible..
ftfy
Subscribed, and looking forward to your results.

Do you think those super low down seat rails would work on a stock seat?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
ftfy
Subscribed, and looking forward to your results.

The Corbuea and rails should show up Friday, So hopefully I will have this thread up over the weekend.

No, it wouldn't be a direct bolt on if that's what you mean. The seat pan on the OEM seat bolts vertically. And the buddy club rails mounts bolt horizontally. Im sure with some creativity they MAY work. I will compare the BC rails on the OEM seat when they show up.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Drivers seat installed. Waiting for passenger seat to show up.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
So the answer is no, the BC rails wont work on the OEM seat. The way the OEM seat mounts to the slide rails using four weight sensors in each corner. Its not worth tampering with the air bag system. Your best bet is to buy a set of seats. The nice thing about seats is that you only have to spend the money once. You can easily remove them and put them in your next car. All you have to do is buy another bracket.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:41 PM
I see you've taken all the seats out, do you have any airbag issues?

Reason I ask, I have a couple Bride buckets I'd like to install in my GD3, and after being in an accident at work in a car with an airbag light, I don't want it in my own car.
Is there some way to keep them working, without the side seat airbag?

Old 12-07-2013, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Katsumoto
I see you've taken all the seats out, do you have any airbag issues?

Reason I ask, I have a couple Bride buckets I'd like to install in my GD3, and after being in an accident at work in a car with an airbag light, I don't want it in my own car.
Is there some way to keep them working, without the side seat airbag?
Yes I have the Airbag Light on. The passenger seat has a weight sensor in it. And the seats have side air bags on a GE. I dont know anything about the GD. Look under the seats, if you see a yellow connector... thats sign on an airbag component.

The air bag is deactivated if the light is on.

In a setup like this with a bucket seat and harnesses you don't want air bags. Think about how many race cars have air bags. On the other on the track my helmet and even Hans devices are worn to protect my nogging.

Couple things to consider; A properly fitted seat is very important. Its going to be a tight fit. Unlike any commuter car seat that you can move and slide around in, for comfort, more reason why much needed air-bags.

Your OEM seat belt is only a three point belt, if one mount gives the belt is completely useless. I wish they would require by law a four point belt (Im a huge seat belt advocate). A properly mounted seat is very important!!! Using Loctite, high grade harden hardware... ect. Done properly you can be safer in a bucket/ harness set up.

But its not always practical, a well fitted seat isn't easy to get in and out of. Consider how many times are you in and out of your car.

The question: should I run this set up? it can be dangerous, especially not set up properly. Go down to your local tuning shops (more than one) and get their advice. They can help you with a safe set up, or talk you out of it.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:55 PM
I think you've pretty much talked me out of it.
I get what you are saying about the seat and airbags. My GD has the a pillar, side seat and steering wheel airbags.

I do prefer the fit of a racing seat over my GD seat, but for DD'ing the airbags would scare me. In Japan, it was different, the cars barely had them, and it was my DD/race car.

Oh well, I think ill just stick with the stock seats and find a car without side airbags next time for easier modding and enjoyment.