2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FIT alllllllll mine!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 PM
2013 FIT alllllllll mine!

Hello I have been stalking this forum for the last 3 weeks, I would say FitFreak definitely helped me decide on which fit I wanted to buy. At first due to my budget I was going to go for a used 09-10 Fit with low mileage but after nearly purchasing a used Fit yesterday at a Toyota dealership I decided to check out leasing (to buy) a new Fit!

So here she is my 2013 White Fit Sport manual 5 speed!

screen shot pc

free photo hosting

Only 18 Miles on her when I bought her this morning, so far I have only driven 30 additional miles but I love every minute. This will be my daily driver/ commuter car while my Mitsubishi Evolution is being built.

Last edited by mitsubeastlee; 03-09-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Nice... Exactly like mine (minus the A/T & Navi). I too read the site for 3 weeks not including when I joined in 08. Enjoy yours.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats! Let all the modding begin

Old 03-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee
Hello I have been stalking this forum for the last 3 weeks, I would say FitFreak definitely helped me decide on which fit I wanted to buy. At first due to my budget I was going to go for a used 09-10 Fit with low mileage but after nearly purchasing a used Fit yesterday at a Toyota dealership I decided to check out leasing (to buy) a new Fit!

So here she is my 2013 White Fit Sport manual 5 speed!

Congrats and welcome, I just got my 2013 Honda Fit Sport 5 Speed last week Wednesday. So glad to have finally taken delivery of my new car.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Got my 2013 in Black 2 weeks ago. This is my 2nd Fit Sport Auto. Great cars. Only problem I had with my 08, which my daughter now owns, was that all 4 spark plug coil packs fail at 50-55k.

I love the usb socket in the glovebox; plugged in a thumb drive with 2GB of music, and I dont think I'll ever need the CD player. Took some time to figure out how to use the center knob and buttons to scroll through folders and songs, but well worth the effort.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Haha yeah thanks guys I am already in contact with the guy who makes the duckbill spoiler for the GE.

I've been building my evo for 2 years I'll post more on that later it's almost done

I loved the paddle shifters in the sport, for a commuter / entry level car Honda really made a ssorry auto! I only with with the manual because I feel I can make the car get better mpg if I throw in in neutral on downhill roads and by upshifting/skipping gears ie 1-3-5 or 2-4.

I'm thinking carb intake, apexi ws2 muffler as far as engine mods go. Weathertech floor mats, rain visors, mudflaps and tint as far as mods.

I figured out the USB music thing this morning but I've still yet to figure out how to change the clock time.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Is there anything to look out for aside from China fits rusting. I made sure mine was from Japan by the VIN!

ANY worthy upgrades?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:50 PM
By worthy you mean? Power? Wheels? Suspension? Looks? Congrats on the Fit by the way and can you PM me the duckbill (jdp) guys contact info?

Old 03-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by fawbusha
By worthy you mean? Power? Wheels? Suspension? Looks? Congrats on the Fit by the way and can you PM me the duckbill (jdp) guys contact info?

Not so much wheels, because I have been in the car scene for all of my life. I was prob just gonna get some ccw reps or something similar in 15". I know the OEM tires are garbage! Also the suspension feels boat like, so that will need to be addressed in due time.

I see T1R makes alot for the Fits..are they the best?

Im looking for info on things like the clutch delay valve bypass to make the clutch more consistent or how to unlock the factory alarm( I opt out for it and just have keyless entry) but now I want it and I dont wanna pay the crazy price for it. what cargo mats are the available?

Just anything you guys want to add on my thread that you feel was valuable!

Old 03-11-2014, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
The white reminds me of the civic or integra type-r!

Old 03-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Haha thanks I tell people that don't know better it's Championship White lol! I got it because all of Hondas halo sports cars are white. Once I put the JDM badging on it the white will look proper.

Here is my drag evo, still a work in progress. Nose chop, jdm rear, respray, giant turo, wire tuck the works. If you guys want more I'll post it.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Evo! You will be able to fit plenty of car parts in the fit when needed. I was hitting 37mpg on the way home. Can't beat that for a non hybrid dd. And JDM!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by carboy
Nice Evo! You will be able to fit plenty of car parts in the fit when needed. I was hitting 37mpg on the way home. Can't beat that for a non hybrid dd. And JDM!

Haha thanks man! She's a major work in progress by far not a show car it's a full on drag car. Somedays I think about fully gutting her and throwing on 4 slicks.

Yeah the fit has TONSS of space for car parts. I just need the cargo mat cover to protect the carpet! I'm average about 33mpg combined on the very first half a tank I've driven on. I've gone 190miles on that half a tank

Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
I just purchased Weathertech digital fit floor mats for my Fit and also for my GF's 2008 Toyota Yaris. Also I went ahead and bought the OEM Fit cargo mat, I'll post pics when it all comes in.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Congrats. The weathertech is a good buy!

I must say, the Fit Sport is the only car that I’ve owned where I don’t have the urge to make any “performance” mods b/c stock is pretty good, esp as a commuter car. Keep your priotry straight with the EVO. The only mods on my ’09 Sport 5MT Navi (which sucks) are for convenience and comfort: fumoto valve, weathertechs (front only), and soon putting on Clazzio’s now that the weather is getting warmer. Aside from maybe tint if summer get too unbearable, I think I’m DONE (that’s a good thing)!

Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
...I feel I can make the car get better mpg if I throw in in neutral on downhill roads ...
Actually, you will do better by leaving the car in gear, letting off the gas and coasting downhill. With the car in gear and no gas pedal, the injectors shut off. If you leave it in neutral, the injectors are still going (as if you're idling). Not a huge deal, but nonetheless...

Old 03-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by silentnoise713
Congrats. The weathertech is a good buy!

I must say, the Fit Sport is the only car that I’ve owned where I don’t have the urge to make any “performance” mods b/c stock is pretty good, esp as a commuter car. Keep your priotry straight with the EVO. The only mods on my ’09 Sport 5MT Navi (which sucks) are for convenience and comfort: fumoto valve, weathertechs (front only), and soon putting on Clazzio’s now that the weather is getting warmer. Aside from maybe tint if summer get too unbearable, I think I’m DONE (that’s a good thing)!
Ahh yeah the fumoto valve I have one for evo I will eventually add that once my free oil changes with dealer are exhausted. I was thinking about clazzios but idk leather covers won't match the doors but then again it's a seat cover. We will see I think they would help with dog hair since it's a slick surface.

The performance is lacking, I did like that my EG hatch had an intake and when I got on it in traffic everyone would do a double take when they heard vtec since there was no aftermarket exhaust on the car.

I think rain visors and tint is next. You are right every dollar spent on fit takes away from evo but I think I'll stop after the few initial purchases.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by p nut
Actually, you will do better by leaving the car in gear, letting off the gas and coasting downhill. With the car in gear and no gas pedal, the injectors shut off. If you leave it in neutral, the injectors are still going (as if you're idling). Not a huge deal, but nonetheless...

Hmmm but being in gear will slow you down faster than free rolling so I'd think even though the engine is spraying fuel in neutral you still save gas. Surely the injectors must still be spraying fuel in gear under decel or how would the engine stay on...correct me if I'm wrong

Old 03-14-2014, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm but being in gear will slow you down faster than free rolling so I'd think even though the engine is spraying fuel in neutral you still save gas. Surely the injectors must still be spraying fuel in gear under decel or how would the engine stay on...correct me if I'm wrong
You're in gear, so the cranks will turn as long as the car is moving. You ever try a roll start?

Yes, you're right about more drag due to the car being in gear. You just have to judge based on the hill. You can also put the car in higher gear for less of a drag. Again, either way, not going to matter a lot.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Congrats! Glad to here you're so excited. Get some miles on that and enjoy it!

Quick Reply: 2013 FIT alllllllll mine!