2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the GE8 Sport stock ground clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 09:42 PM
What is the GE8 Sport stock ground clearance?

Just wondering what the stock ground clearance on the GE8 Sports are? I bought my Fit from the dealership and was thinking about lowering it with some Swift or Progress springs, but a lot of friends have been asking if my Fit is already lowered? It does look slightly lower than some pictures I've seen of stock GE8 Fit Sports, but I just can't tell. Thanks guys!

Old 03-24-2014, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by klilja
Just wondering what the stock ground clearance on the GE8 Sports are? I bought my Fit from the dealership and was thinking about lowering it with some Swift or Progress springs, but a lot of friends have been asking if my Fit is already lowered? It does look slightly lower than some pictures I've seen of stock GE8 Fit Sports, but I just can't tell. Thanks guys!
Something like 6".

Take off another 1" in the rear and 1.5" in front nose area after swapping to Swifts. I know, the official specs says it lowers the front by 1.4", but if you consider the difference in front vs rear, that the rear comes down less, it means things in front of the front wheel come down more.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Something like 6".

Take off another 1" in the rear and 1.5" in front nose area after swapping to Swifts. I know, the official specs says it lowers the front by 1.4", but if you consider the difference in front vs rear, that the rear comes down less, it means things in front of the front wheel come down more.
Oh ok, I think its at like 5.5" right in in middle between the front and rear doors. I would just look at the springs that are installed but I can't really tell or see any branding or anything.

Thanks for the info on the Swifts!

Old 03-25-2014, 11:46 AM
I think the only springs that may not be obviously aftermarket are Eibach Prokit because they're black. Most of the other ones are some bright color.

The Eibachs still can be pretty easily identified, the markings are pretty apparant, you can also just look for progressive coils (some are closer than others)

These are for a Civic but just for reference on the markings:

Old 03-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I think the only springs that may not be obviously aftermarket are Eibach Prokit because they're black. Most of the other ones are some bright color.

The Eibachs still can be pretty easily identified, the markings are pretty apparant, you can also just look for progressive coils (some are closer than others)

Ohh ok yeah! That totally makes sense, I'll have to check mine out and see! Thanks again!

Old 03-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.

So I finally got underneath my Fit today and turns out...I definitely have Eibach Prokits!

Old 03-30-2014, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
That's pretty hilarious that the dealership didn't even notice!

FYI, I'm still at stock height (sadly) and I just measured the drivers side front bumper from the wheel well at 6.75 inches.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by connor55
That's pretty hilarious that the dealership didn't even notice!

FYI, I'm still at stock height (sadly) and I just measured the drivers side front bumper from the wheel well at 6.75 inches.
Yeahh I know! I dont know if it was that they didnt notice or that they didnt care because there were some things that were also mod-ed that they didnt return to stock, like the aweful diy stock rear spoiler lift and the even more aweful diy red tint tail light job. The rear spoiler looked so bad, there was a good four fingers width between the spoiler and the rear hatch (I know ive seen people do that mod on here but they only do like two fingers width or something). The tail lights were painted with red tint but they taped off in spots and the tape lines were so bad and jagged and they clearly sprayed way to close because there were big noticable paint drips. The rest of the car is perfect and in great condition, so those things are probably why I got it for such a good price!

Anyways, do you plan on lowering your Fit?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Well at least those things you can undo without too much work! I tried the spoiler mod but I didn't like the gap so I went back.

Yep, just picked up my air rex suspension a couple weeks ago. Still saving up for the management and install cost. Going to hopefully have it all running sometime in May

Old 03-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Yeah I dropped spoiler back in no time today and it looks SO much better than with it all tilted up and gapped out. And I'm kinda hoping that maybe I'll get a little better MPGs with it back to stock? Who knows? The tail lights on the other hand.....took a bit of time and so much carb cleaner and elbow grease. I was able to pretty much get all the tint off with carb cleaner and a magic eraser and then polish them back to a nice shine, but there are still spots in the creases of the edges that the tint got in and there it no way to get it out/off and there is over spray on the gray plastic part of the housing that you see when you open the rear hatch that just plain looks bad. So I just decided it would be a good time to buy brand new tails. I think I actually bought the same ones you have! They look so sick. I can't wait to get them tomorrow.

Dang! How much did that set you back? That'll be killer!

Last edited by klilja; 03-30-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Meh, maybe a tiny bit but not enough to make a noticeable difference.

Nice! I love the axis tails. Definitely makes the ass end look nicer.

About 2300 with shipping just for the bags/struts. I'm super pumped, but wish it wasn't so pricey. But up here in Canada I'm gunna need the occasional clearance for shitty roads and deep snow!

Old 03-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Meh, maybe a tiny bit but not enough to make a noticeable difference.

Nice! I love the axis tails. Definitely makes the ass end look nicer.

About 2300 with shipping just for the bags/struts. I'm super pumped, but wish it wasn't so pricey. But up here in Canada I'm gunna need the occasional clearance for shitty roads and deep snow!
Juuuuust kidding, I didn't get the axis tails, I got the JDM ones like this. Name:  oct08050.jpg
Views: 1977
Size:  54.1 KBI wanted to get the axis tails but they were a bit out of my price range for the moment. Yours look killer though!

Dannnnnnng! Its gonna be sick though! I'm sure thats a small price to pay in order to have that adjustability when you need it.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Ahh, those jdm tails are real nice too!

It's also better than having my wife yell at me every time we hit a small bump just raise er up back to stock height and you're good to go

Old 03-31-2014, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
Ahh, those jdm tails are real nice too!

It's also better than having my wife yell at me every time we hit a small bump just raise er up back to stock height and you're good to go
So he justifies the cost of bags by saying the wife made him do it!! I dunno Connor.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Not scraping is nice too.
So your wife never made you do anything eh?

Old 03-31-2014, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
I had to buy her the Caravan as she refuses the ride in the Fit.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
And now you are free to scrape all you want

Old 03-31-2014, 11:36 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

not sure off hand, but i run swifts on my '12 and it's lower but not 'low'. it's prefect height for dd'ing.
ive not scraped bottom during normal driving (dips and bumps) or entrance ramps.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:57 AM
So I finally got underneath my Fit today and turns out...I definitely have Eibach Prokits!
LOL that's a trip.

Some dealerships don't bother reinstalling stock parts. I've seen plenty of Honda dealerships with modded cars on the used lot, but there's usually a note in the window sticker saying what's not stock. As a matter of fact, one of the used Fits that were on the lot when I bought mine new had Eibach ProKit already.

I scrape my front bumper everywhere, but there's a lot of deep drainage driveways here and stuff. I'm honestly not sure how the little plastic thing on my bumper is still hanging on. I stopped caring a while ago and just lol when people look at me like "ooohhhhh that sound" and just drive off. I'm not even low, just lowered. I don't know how you slammed guys deal with it day to day.

Mine is a base BTW, sport bumper is lower and i'm pretty sure I would have broken something on it by now.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
^ you should do the homedepot lip lol.

thats something I never want to experience again. Got the same drainage dips, deep potholes and tall speed bumps and neighbourhood streets with deep snow/ice ruts. Try driving In those ruts, the steering wheel becomes irrelevant since you're basically driving on rails. Even at stock height, I'm kissing the ground occasionally, plus the snow scrapage on the underbody.

Being slammed is a lifestyle, scraping and angled approaches are only part of it

Quick Reply: What is the GE8 Sport stock ground clearance?